Gordon Central High School

Public | 9-12

Posted August 5, 2013

This is an amazing school . They have the best teachers ever who make learning fun and they always have something going on. I love this school . It's ALOT better than Calhoun is.

Posted July 26, 2010

I also go to this school, and I am very satisfied with it. The teachers are caring a fun. They won't bore you. They know how to make the school year fun and exciting. Makes living in Calhoun better..

Posted November 20, 2008

i go to gordon central it is a very safe enviroment !

Posted February 19, 2008

I attend GC and I love it I think it is one of the best schools in the country we do not have any problems with gangs. We also have a wide range of extracurricular activites and sports making GC great!

Posted July 4, 2007

Am a past student graduated in 2005. Was`a pretty good school. Loved the art program with terry knight,pottery with ms. Jacobs,and social studys with erin miller

Posted June 27, 2007

My oldest daughter graduated from Gordon Central in 2003. I will be sending my youngest daughter there in 2008. If I were not extremely pleased with Gordon Central, I would not send my youngest there. I am very pleased with GCHS. I do wish that Terry Knight were still there however to teach Art. I think that the Art dept., has suffered due to his leaving.

Posted March 20, 2006

I am a former student of this school. I graduated from it in 2001 and I am glad that I went to this school. The teachers and other staff are amax=zing and I will happily send my daughter there when she hits high school. The honors class that I had were great, the teachers really did care if you passed or not. When I was a student, Mrs. Diane Dobson was the choral director and I loved being in her class. She didn't just have you singing, she taught you how to read the music you were singing. Terry Knight is a great artist and teacher. All the coaches are wonderful. They helped you to better your self health wise. Unfortunetly, my parents weren't involoved in my schooling much, but others parents that I knew were and they were listened to with everyone's full attention. No school uniforms please. Ever!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted July 28, 2005

I am not a parent, but I attended Gordon Central for three years. They have the most helpful staff and the best teachers I've ever had. They've helped me grow as an individual. Gordon Central also has spectacular extracurricular activities. The cheerleading sqaud was challenging' but so much fun! Unfortunately I'll be changing schools my senior year; however, Gordon Central holds some of my best memories! And I'm definetily going to miss this school.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted April 26, 2005

Visually - scary! JKids need better control on dress code and appearance. Nutritionally - fried, fried, and iceberg lettuce.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 30, 2004

The staff at Gordon Central are the most professional and hard working people I know, The special education program is ran by the most efficient and dedicated people I know. I have researched other schools and progams and nothing compares to Gordon Central, They also care about my children and thats rare and much appreciated ms. deperro

Posted April 28, 2004

I love this school it is a great place for my child well better then the last one she went to.I would like to say that you are changen the dress code agian; well I would like to say that is good but I would rether see the childern in uniforms soon...Thanks.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 93% in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 80% in 2011.

2009

Scale: % at or above passing

In 2010-2011 Georgia administered the Georgia High School Graduation Test (GHSGT) in English language arts, math, science and social studies to students in grade 11. The GHSGT is a standards-based assessment, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined by the state of Georgia. Students must pass all parts of the GHSGT in order to graduate from high school. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 95% in 2013.

189 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Georgia administered the Georgia High School Writing Test (GHSWT) to students in grade 11. The GHSWT is a standards-based assessment, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined by the state of Georgia. Students must pass the GHSWT in order to graduate from high school. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

9th Grade Literature

The state average for 9th Grade Literature was 86% in 2013.

128 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 30% in 2013.

American Literature

The state average for American Literature was 91% in 2013.

106 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 75% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Coordinate Algebra

The state average for Coordinate Algebra was 37% in 2013.

191 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Economics

The state average for Economics was 79% in 2013.

81 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 75% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 29% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 59% in 2013.

122 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physical Science

The state average for Physical Science was 83% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

123 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

335 Warrior Path NE