Calhoun, GA

Posted August 16, 2012
I really like GCA!! I haven't been going here for too long, but so far I have been more than impressed. The rules are kinda strict, but they aren't unbearable, and I don't have any issues following them. It's a very spiritual atmosphere and already I've learned a lot about how to strengthen my walk with God. They have great music and sports programs. The students here aren't stuck up. There rarely are bullying issues. It's so easy to make new friends. The teachers are excellent! They really help us understand subjects we don't understand. The coaches are great too! All of the staff are very supportive! The deans are GREAT and the dorm life is very structured, but it still gives you freedom.. I love everything about GCA and I would recommend it to anyone!!

Posted October 20, 2010
GCA has many academically challenging courses and we are also very focused on Community service. We try to be real Christians and demonstrate how to live as real fallen but forgiven people.

Posted October 16, 2009
This school is great. I live in Florida and I send my children there. I could send them to a Florida school, but the quality of GCA is far superior.

Posted February 10, 2009
I strongly disagree with the review posted on April 21, 2005. I am currently a senior at GCA, and I LOVE it! The campus is beautiful, the other girls in the dorm are great, the deans/teachers/other faculty are ALWAYS willing to help you with homework, or just listen to you about life. As for the emphasis on worldly values? Hardly! I have NEVER been so close to God in my life! GCA gives you the opportunity and ability to make God a part of our lives! He's more than just a name, He's an actual part of our lives. And all parents out there, if you want to send your child to a school that will NOT ONLY uplift them in their spiritual values and in life, but allow them to create amazing friendships, learn from amazing teachers, and come to know and love a God thats indescribable beyond words. ^_^

Posted August 27, 2008
I think GCA is the best school there is... The deans take great care of the kids and there is a very lifting christian environment

Posted August 25, 2008
GCA is a wonderful school. Two of my children have graduated from GCA, and my third child is a sophomore. My children love GCA. More importantly, GCA along with a strong academic program, reinforces the Christian values we taught in our home. The campus, students, teachers, spiritual atmosphere, academics A++

Georgia-Cumberland Academy
397 Academy Drive Southwest, Calhoun, GA  30701
Last modified Georgia-Cumberland Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Georgia-Cumberland Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top