Liberty Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted February 20, 2014

I went to this school for 1st through 4th and part of 5th. Liberty is an awesome school. They have soo many activities for kids to do and many fundraisers. I really miss this school, i moved to CA a couple of months ago. (Im 11 yrs old btw). Liberty's staff is really nice and they try there best to make u happy. Thr principal and assistant principal are really active with Liberty Students. They have so many sports like basketball, tennis, cheer, and lots more. I really have nothing bad to say about this school. I have never seen a better school then Liberty. Liberty is a really grat school....GO LIONS!!! LES!!!

Posted January 19, 2014

If your student needs the extra help at this school...GOOD LUCK!! Your student having trouble reading, not a problem, stick them in the back of the room, ignore them and pass them along to the next grade for the next teacher to worry about. Need a conference with their teacher, it is like pulling teeth to get a conference. The kids switch classes in Kindergarten, what happened to having one teacher and that teacher getting to know each child. I pulled my students out of this school!! Administration is cold, rude and very unapproachable. Teachers are even afraid to question the Principal!! I wonder how many other parents have pulled their children out of this school, I personally know of 10 families!! There are even teachers there that have children that attend a different elementary school! Beware, if your child needs the extra help you will be jumping through hoops for a long time to get the help your child deserves!!

Posted November 18, 2013

Great school. Encourage the kids to develop by themselves. The District has a partnership with Duke University that is excellent.

Posted August 2, 2013

Liberty is a great school. The teachers and administration work hard and expect a lot from the students attending. The school has a few computer labs, Promethean boards in all classrooms, some teachers are Teach21 certified and have laptop stations in their classroom and all classrooms have several desktop computers. Liberty also has a QUEST Lab that the older grades rotate through focusing on Science and Technology. It is a beautiful school with a great support from parents to help keep the focus on student learning.

Posted November 29, 2012

Liberty is an ok school. It's a big school and pretty crowded. It's very challenging and expectations from the teachers of the students are very high. If your child is average or below the school may be a bit challenging for them. The hours of homework every night is a bit much. They do have lots of fun activities that the PTA puts on and there is more than enough parent involvement. The principle seems to just push everything on the teacher and the parents to figure out if there's ever a problem. Don't write the principle and complain about any teachers b/c the teacher will call you back to "try to resolve" the complaint instead. I also noticed some favoritism to the kids that live in Bridgemill. It's a huge neighborhood across from the school that seems to be the talk of the town. Every time I met a parent that seemed to be the 1st question they would ask me is where I lived. My only other complaint would be that if you didn't live in BM the parents and kids didn't seem to be interested in being too close. Other than all that, my kids seemed to enjoy the school.

Posted September 23, 2012

My daughter is in first grade at Liberty. We love it!! The teachers really care about my daughter. I volunteer regularly both in her class room and in the Library. My daughter is pushed to achieve her best in academics and in behavior. The warm and friendly environment allow my daughter to do her best because she wants to achieve, not because she feels forced. My daughter is an average learner, but I feel Liberty provides equal encouragement for both below and above learners as well. The emphasis on AR reading and testing has made my daughter a much better reader! My daughter wakes up every morning happy to be going to school and comes home every day excited to tell me what she has learned. What more can a parent ask for of a school?

Posted August 17, 2012

My oldest daughter attended 2nd - 5th, and my youngest K - 5th (her current year). They have both excelled and had wonderful teachers! Dr. Holmes is fun, inspiring, and hands- on. I see that most negative reviews are from parents of kids with learning challenges, and my opinion is that they should accept that learning challenged means that learning is challenging, this is not the fault of the staff. If this school is not a good fit for those children, that is unfortunate, but my average learner and advanced placement learner have had a great experience.

Posted August 7, 2012

Fantastic school, principals and staff. We moved to the Bridgemill neighborhood just for this school and we could not be happier. Lots of parental involvement. My child is the happiest he has ever been!

Posted August 3, 2012

The principal at this school is fantastic. She is very nice and caring and tries hard to meet all of the parents requests. I also am impressed with the male assistant principal. The other principal I have not had any interactions with so I do not have an impression either way. I think Liberty is a great school. I have heard from several people in the community that if your child has special needs or learning issues that Sixes is the better school for you. I am not sure why that is because legally all schools have to accomodate your child. Otherwise, I would recommend this school

Posted May 28, 2012

The Principal here is on her high horse, rude, and just not nice. The building is cold and lacks the fun learning environment I crave for my children. My daughter's kindergarten teacher was just as cold and worried more about her career as a photographer. My older child's teacher in third, who's last name begins with a V, was arrogant and inappropriate. Gossips about other parents and teachers; also thought she was good at teaching, but my child's scores went waaaay down in testing. . Thank goodness my oldest is now in middle school. In honors too! The newest asst principal is very nice and I wish badly he could be Principal. We are currently looking at houses in the Sixes district. Now that, from what I understand, is an amazing school.

Posted April 28, 2012

I must say, we miss this school very much!!! We have moved out of state and we want to move back because of this school. My son is in the 6th grade this year and it's a review from what he learned in the 5th grade at Liberty. It's a true saying, you never know what you have until it's gone!!!

Posted March 14, 2012

Liberty teachers and staff are quick to identify and work with parents and students when learning disabilities may be a problem. My son has received a great deal of support and has become a better student for it. All of his teachers have went above and beyond to help him succeed. The principal and staff have been friendly and warm, and helped him along the way. Students are challenged and rewarded. The PTA is very involved and raises money to fund educational materials for the students. Best school ever.

Posted May 11, 2011

Liberty Elementary School has provided so many different opportunities for kids to be successful. I am so glad my child is a part of such a great place.

Posted August 3, 2010

This school is awful. My Son attended this school for 1st and second grade both teachers lacked patience just like the staff in the front office all the way up to the principle. Its a joke. We moved away from this school as fast as we could. If you can send you child to Sixes its a much better school and right around the corner. My son is going into third grade in a new school ( Cobb) starting on Thursday the 5th and we STILL HAVE not received our records that we requested over a month ago. A visit to the office today just confirmed the lazy and rude Staff at this school. I mean when you walk in and the lazy records worker is over 50 easily and wearing a birthday crown? I know its an elementary school but that is for the kids not the staff. Her excuse, I just haven't had the time. But you had time to hairspray that crown into your hair didn't you. Pathetic school because of the staff Good school ranking because the area it is in has great parents that do the staffs job in teaching the children.

Posted August 27, 2009

Liberty is a fantastic place for children to learn. The changes over the last couple of years have been fantastic.

Posted July 18, 2009

Had a rough year here. Had a special needs child go to Sixes and my gen ed child to Liberty. The Special Ed program at Sixes is top notch! But my son is just a number at Liberty and no one in admin is very personable. Any parent researching schools in this area....send your child to Sixes...Mr. Hultquist, Mrs. Nay, and Mr. Dixon are amazing and the teachers are the best there is. The Special Ed/Autism is all we could ask for!

Posted July 1, 2009

My children are excited about learning and the teachers continue to push them to be there best. LES offers various forms of media, plenty of paper/pencil, and hands on activities. PTA is very involved!!

Posted March 23, 2009

We were at Liberty for 3years before moving to FL. We miss the school, teachers and staff. I feel our children received an excellent education in not only the traditional academic areas but also the special areas - art, music, technology, media, pe And loved the emphasis on reading! PTA is welcoming and offers great family events that support the school. Was always impressed with how admin and staff knew all the students!

Posted February 17, 2009

I feel the school challenges our kids and offers a great learning environment.

Posted February 7, 2009

To the Jan. 15th post: Most of the teachers at the school are Teach 21 (technology) certified and gifted certified to differentiate for the higher learners. It might not be obvious that they are getting anything beyond the basics, but it is worked into the school day in various ways. You might have had a bad experience that was isolated, but don't lump all teachers into yor issue.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

221 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

221 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

217 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

217 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

215 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

218 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

218 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

204 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

199 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

202 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

208 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

208 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

214 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

10500 Bells Ferry Rd