Canton, GA
Students enrolled: 1,370

Liberty Elementary School
Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted July 23, 2015
Teachers and staff doing a great work, they love to see the parents are interesting and involved in the child's education. You can spect

Posted July 23, 2015
Teachers and staff are doing a great job, maybe in the beginning they seem cold but in reality they love to see parents get involved in the child's education. Once you have an active participation I am quite sure your perspective will change. You can not expect magic if you decide to leave everything up to the school. They stimulate children with reading , math and science programs but you must partake in activities with your child as well.

Liberty Elementary School 3

Posted April 27, 2015
I have 2 children at this school, and I am sorry, but I am not that impressed. This is not an exceptional school. This is simply an average school that relies to heavily on parents to teach the students rather than the teachers. They are merely facilitators. If a student struggles, than your in trouble! They are overlooked and fall even further behind. It is like pulling teeth to get a teacher to schedule a conference to discuss any concerns a parent may have and the administration is completely unapproachable! Very disappointed with this school as I have heard wonderful things in the past; which is why I sent my children there in the first place.

Liberty Elementary School 2

Posted March 30, 2015
We moved to the Sixes district because we did not want our kids in such a large elementary school.

Posted February 20, 2014
I went to this school for 1st through 4th and part of 5th. Liberty is an awesome school. They have soo many activities for kids to do and many fundraisers. I really miss this school, i moved to CA a couple of months ago. (Im 11 yrs old btw). Liberty's staff is really nice and they try there best to make u happy. Thr principal and assistant principal are really active with Liberty Students. They have so many sports like basketball, tennis, cheer, and lots more. I really have nothing bad to say about this school. I have never seen a better school then Liberty. Liberty is a really grat school....GO LIONS!!! LES!!!

Liberty Elementary School 1

Posted January 19, 2014
If your student needs the extra help at this school...GOOD LUCK!! Your student having trouble reading, not a problem, stick them in the back of the room, ignore them and pass them along to the next grade for the next teacher to worry about. Need a conference with their teacher, it is like pulling teeth to get a conference. The kids switch classes in Kindergarten, what happened to having one teacher and that teacher getting to know each child. I pulled my students out of this school!! Administration is cold, rude and very unapproachable. Teachers are even afraid to question the Principal!! I wonder how many other parents have pulled their children out of this school, I personally know of 10 families!! There are even teachers there that have children that attend a different elementary school! Beware, if your child needs the extra help you will be jumping through hoops for a long time to get the help your child deserves!!

Posted November 18, 2013
Great school. Encourage the kids to develop by themselves. The District has a partnership with Duke University that is excellent.

Liberty Elementary School 4

Posted August 02, 2013
Liberty is a great school. The teachers and administration work hard and expect a lot from the students attending. The school has a few computer labs, Promethean boards in all classrooms, some teachers are Teach21 certified and have laptop stations in their classroom and all classrooms have several desktop computers. Liberty also has a QUEST Lab that the older grades rotate through focusing on Science and Technology. It is a beautiful school with a great support from parents to help keep the focus on student learning.

Liberty Elementary School 4

Posted November 29, 2012
Liberty is an ok school. It's a big school and pretty crowded. It's very challenging and expectations from the teachers of the students are very high. If your child is average or below the school may be a bit challenging for them. The hours of homework every night is a bit much. They do have lots of fun activities that the PTA puts on and there is more than enough parent involvement. The principle seems to just push everything on the teacher and the parents to figure out if there's ever a problem. Don't write the principle and complain about any teachers b/c the teacher will call you back to "try to resolve" the complaint instead. I also noticed some favoritism to the kids that live in Bridgemill. It's a huge neighborhood across from the school that seems to be the talk of the town. Every time I met a parent that seemed to be the 1st question they would ask me is where I lived. My only other complaint would be that if you didn't live in BM the parents and kids didn't seem to be interested in being too close. Other than all that, my kids seemed to enjoy the school.

Posted September 23, 2012
My daughter is in first grade at Liberty. We love it!! The teachers really care about my daughter. I volunteer regularly both in her class room and in the Library. My daughter is pushed to achieve her best in academics and in behavior. The warm and friendly environment allow my daughter to do her best because she wants to achieve, not because she feels forced. My daughter is an average learner, but I feel Liberty provides equal encouragement for both below and above learners as well. The emphasis on AR reading and testing has made my daughter a much better reader! My daughter wakes up every morning happy to be going to school and comes home every day excited to tell me what she has learned. What more can a parent ask for of a school?

Liberty Elementary School
10500 Bells Ferry Rd, Canton, GA  30114
Last modified Liberty Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Liberty Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top