No rating

American Heritage Academy

Private | PK-12

Student diversity

Living in Canton

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $172,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $750.

Posted September 26, 2011

I am currently teaching a child who came from many successful years at AHA. His math background is woefully inadequate. His prerequisite skills are severly lacking. I don't know what they are teaching in high school math there, but their public school counterparts are far surpassing what is being done there.

Posted April 17, 2011

We started one son at AHA due to the public school class size had increased to 25 and he needs the smaller environment. He has soared with AHA, gaining more than he ever did in public school. We love the teachers and Ms. Day so much, and all that they have done for him, that we then decided to pull his twin brother and little sister out of public school, mid-year in February, and they have already seen improvement too. The attention to details is amazing and their relationship with the kids is unmatched. I believe we have the best teachers in the world. I can't wait to see what they can get out of my kids again next year.

Posted March 31, 2011

My very bright 5th grade grandson, who hated his large public school, says American Heritage Academy is "AWESOME"!! Thank you AHA.

Posted March 8, 2011

My children have been at American Heritage Academy for 3 years. They are so happy at AHA. Every year their teachers have been exceptional and I have been so impressed at how my children have grown academically and socially. The teachers and administration are always available to speak with about any need your child or family may have and work one on one with you to reach your goals. Parents are encouraged to volunteer in any number of ways and are always welcomed anytime of the day to drop by and see what our children are doing. We have enjoyed becoming a part of the AHA family.

Posted March 7, 2011

We are in our 4th year at AHA and have two children there and I have not a single negative thing to say about the school. Both of my children are studying material a year ahead of their peers in public (Bascomb district) and are excelling socially and academically. The teachers are sincere, genuine and caring and the school has a wonderful family environment where you can rest assured your children are not only safe but free from the "social agenda" items of the public school system, as well as receiving individual instruction one on one from their teachers. I don't care how you cut it up, there is no way you can compare a ratio of 12 or 13 to 1 to 28 to 1 no matter how good the teacher. At AHA the teachers have the opportunity to know each child well as an individual and cater to that child's strengths or weaknesses. I can't imagine being anywhere else.

Posted March 5, 2011

I have 2 boys a 1st grader who has been at AHA since prek3 and my youngest is in prek4. My youngest also has Type 1 diabetes and if it wasnt for AHA I do not know what I would do. The Staff, Administration, and basically everyone at the school takes care of my son as though he is there son. They call when they have questions and anytime I want to go see or check on either boy I am allowed without any hassle. The school is the best thing that could have happened to us. Also, the oldest is advanced and the teachers make sure to keep him going so he doesnt get bored! This school is WONDERFUL and if anyone says any less I am greartly sadden by their words. Thank You American Heritage for EVERYTHING you do for my boys!

Posted March 3, 2011

American Heritage Academy has been a great school in every way. In the five years we have been here, my daughter has flourished academically and socially, while getting exposure to a wide variety of extracurricular activities. The curriculum provides for much more than just strong academics, helping to make her a well-rounded individual. One of the things that has impressed me the most about the school is the ability to individualize the curriculum to meet specific needs. My daughter is bilingual (English/Spanish) and the school was able to provide her with an individualized curriculum where she can work on reading advanced Spanish literature. She is now able to summarize what she read and put it in writing while also enhancing her already advanced vocabulary. Individualizing her curriculum is something you would not be able to get at some larger schools (ex, Westminster) in Atlanta. This could not be done without a great administration that implements the individualized curriculum and the dedication of their teachers. Thanks again, American Heritage Academy.

Posted March 2, 2011

My children have been attending AHA since the school opened it's doors. In reading some of the reviews posted it makes me wonder who are these people? I am a truly involved parent when it comes to my children. That is one of the reasons we chose a private school. The doors are always open for parent involvement. The teachers and staff have always gone over and above to make things happen for the students...to make the school a "home" away from home. My daughter was diagnosed with a learning disability early on thanks to one of the teachers and with help from all of her teachers I am proud to say that she is doing work well above her grade level. My son, whom is in eleventh grade, has been offered all AP and honors classes. I can say that AHA has given my children a safe,caring,and academically challenging foundation for their journey ahead in life.

Posted November 10, 2010

Everything's great when you're at AHA, but when you leave, you find out how behind your child is. My money is gone & my child is BEHIND in public school! AHA, YOU OWE ME A REFUND and your founder declared bankruptcy (it was public record October 2010 & published in the county organ)! AHA's warm & caring environment distracts you from noticing what is really going on. If the AHA administration was at the helm of the Titanic, they'd still be saying it didn't sink!!!

Posted October 12, 2010

My granddaughter has blossomed under their teaching in many ways - academic, social, and is able to speak and act in front of a group. That is something I took many years to learn. A super school.

Posted September 26, 2010

My wife and I are both teachers in the public school. Our son is very bright and well behaved, so we decided to enroll him in this local private school. First, let me say that we work with him ALOT at home. We constantly teach him concepts we feel he should know, so he's not only on grade level, he is above grade level. We found AHA's standards to be very low, and were alarmed that he wasn't learning skills we knew were being taught in the public school. Long story short; we withdrew him early after his first semester of first grade. He is now being challenged more in the public school. We have friends there that have recently switched to public school, only to find their child needs remedial help. What makes it worse is they were on the honor roll at AHA.

Posted May 17, 2010

READ THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS - they are all founded concerns that I've seen at this school. True, AHA does not keep promises. They are sinking and will tell you anything to get your money. A lot of families left last year and leaving this year, us included. The high school is poor, too - how can you justify $12k tuition and the graduates can only get into local colleges?

Posted May 1, 2010

My child has been at AHA since Pre-K4. AHA has given my child a wonderful education and experience. However, AHA has not been able to grow due to the economy and since my child will be entering high school next year it is time to move on. AHA has a wonderful elementary and middle school but their high school is lacking. Overall, it has been a wonderful school.

Posted January 7, 2010

I am a student here at aha, that's what we usually call our school. Parents, if you want your kid to have a good edecation, bring them to aha! The teachers are awsome here, I love my school. We have AWSOME administrators, we even have two playgrounds one of them is for Pre-K - Kindergarden, then the second one is for 1st grade - 6th grade. We do that so the little ones don't get hurt. I hope you brigg your kid here because, I'v never gone to a different school ever before. That's how good this school is!
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 22, 2009

I think AHA is great. I have seen some comments about the school 'hounding you for money'. That is simply not true. There are fundraisers, as with every school, but there is not pressure to participate. Additionally, the teachers go above/beyond to teach the kids. They are completely accessible and responsive. We have been there seven years (two kids) and have exceptional teachers with the exception of one which was good, not great. I have looked at the public school elementary/middle school options in the area and the class size will be essentially double. It is very difficult for a teacher to give individual attention with a ratio of 26+ students to one teacher. I would definitely reccomend AHA to other famiies.

Posted October 18, 2009

I have two children that have attended AHA since they were in Pre-K. They are both in middle school now and I cannot tell you how amazing the experience has been for them. They excel in every aspect of their lives because of the experience they received at AHA. It is a unique school and worth every penny!

Posted May 21, 2009

The teachers are very loving and committed to providing the best education for our students. I love the familial atmosphere here. Family and education are highly valued here. I love this school.

Posted May 17, 2009

The education at this school is fantastic! I have been here 7 years and i have loved it! The teachers care and help you like they were their own child! I recommend this school to everyone!
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 2, 2009

We closely investigated over a dozen private schools before choosing AHA and we know we made the best choice. Small class sizes means my daughter gets extra attention, the teachers are exceptional people in addition to being great teachers, and the administration is available to discuss any concerns at any time.

Posted December 18, 2008

My son has been a student in AHA since 1999. The academic curriculum is excellent. The students and the school have consistantly scored extremely high on the national standardized tests. We have seen firsthand how the students in AHA excel in academics. Overall the school has been a wonderful experience and would not consider another private school.

2126 Sixes Road