American Heritage Academy 1

Posted September 26, 2011
I am currently teaching a child who came from many successful years at AHA. His math background is woefully inadequate. His prerequisite skills are severly lacking. I don't know what they are teaching in high school math there, but their public school counterparts are far surpassing what is being done there.

Posted April 17, 2011
We started one son at AHA due to the public school class size had increased to 25 and he needs the smaller environment. He has soared with AHA, gaining more than he ever did in public school. We love the teachers and Ms. Day so much, and all that they have done for him, that we then decided to pull his twin brother and little sister out of public school, mid-year in February, and they have already seen improvement too. The attention to details is amazing and their relationship with the kids is unmatched. I believe we have the best teachers in the world. I can't wait to see what they can get out of my kids again next year.

Posted March 31, 2011
My very bright 5th grade grandson, who hated his large public school, says American Heritage Academy is "AWESOME"!! Thank you AHA.

Posted March 08, 2011
My children have been at American Heritage Academy for 3 years. They are so happy at AHA. Every year their teachers have been exceptional and I have been so impressed at how my children have grown academically and socially. The teachers and administration are always available to speak with about any need your child or family may have and work one on one with you to reach your goals. Parents are encouraged to volunteer in any number of ways and are always welcomed anytime of the day to drop by and see what our children are doing. We have enjoyed becoming a part of the AHA family.

Posted March 07, 2011
We are in our 4th year at AHA and have two children there and I have not a single negative thing to say about the school. Both of my children are studying material a year ahead of their peers in public (Bascomb district) and are excelling socially and academically. The teachers are sincere, genuine and caring and the school has a wonderful family environment where you can rest assured your children are not only safe but free from the "social agenda" items of the public school system, as well as receiving individual instruction one on one from their teachers. I don't care how you cut it up, there is no way you can compare a ratio of 12 or 13 to 1 to 28 to 1 no matter how good the teacher. At AHA the teachers have the opportunity to know each child well as an individual and cater to that child's strengths or weaknesses. I can't imagine being anywhere else.

Posted March 05, 2011
I have 2 boys a 1st grader who has been at AHA since prek3 and my youngest is in prek4. My youngest also has Type 1 diabetes and if it wasnt for AHA I do not know what I would do. The Staff, Administration, and basically everyone at the school takes care of my son as though he is there son. They call when they have questions and anytime I want to go see or check on either boy I am allowed without any hassle. The school is the best thing that could have happened to us. Also, the oldest is advanced and the teachers make sure to keep him going so he doesnt get bored! This school is WONDERFUL and if anyone says any less I am greartly sadden by their words. Thank You American Heritage for EVERYTHING you do for my boys!

Posted March 03, 2011
American Heritage Academy has been a great school in every way. In the five years we have been here, my daughter has flourished academically and socially, while getting exposure to a wide variety of extracurricular activities. The curriculum provides for much more than just strong academics, helping to make her a well-rounded individual. One of the things that has impressed me the most about the school is the ability to individualize the curriculum to meet specific needs. My daughter is bilingual (English/Spanish) and the school was able to provide her with an individualized curriculum where she can work on reading advanced Spanish literature. She is now able to summarize what she read and put it in writing while also enhancing her already advanced vocabulary. Individualizing her curriculum is something you would not be able to get at some larger schools (ex, Westminster) in Atlanta. This could not be done without a great administration that implements the individualized curriculum and the dedication of their teachers. Thanks again, American Heritage Academy.

Posted March 02, 2011
My children have been attending AHA since the school opened it's doors. In reading some of the reviews posted it makes me wonder who are these people? I am a truly involved parent when it comes to my children. That is one of the reasons we chose a private school. The doors are always open for parent involvement. The teachers and staff have always gone over and above to make things happen for the students...to make the school a "home" away from home. My daughter was diagnosed with a learning disability early on thanks to one of the teachers and with help from all of her teachers I am proud to say that she is doing work well above her grade level. My son, whom is in eleventh grade, has been offered all AP and honors classes. I can say that AHA has given my children a safe,caring,and academically challenging foundation for their journey ahead in life.

American Heritage Academy 1

Posted November 10, 2010
Everything's great when you're at AHA, but when you leave, you find out how behind your child is. My money is gone & my child is BEHIND in public school! AHA, YOU OWE ME A REFUND and your founder declared bankruptcy (it was public record October 2010 & published in the county organ)! AHA's warm & caring environment distracts you from noticing what is really going on. If the AHA administration was at the helm of the Titanic, they'd still be saying it didn't sink!!!

American Heritage Academy 0

Posted October 12, 2010
My granddaughter has blossomed under their teaching in many ways - academic, social, and is able to speak and act in front of a group. That is something I took many years to learn. A super school.

American Heritage Academy
2126 Sixes Road, Canton, GA  30114
Last modified American Heritage Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
American Heritage Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews.