Posted August 26, 2014
We just moved from Roswell and were a bit nervous about the transition, etc. We could not be happier with everyone, the class, the teachers, the communication. Our daughter has fallen right into line and is doing great. Thank you Avery and we look forward to this year!

Posted November 11, 2013
The test scores speaks for itself on this school. What a wonderful school! Teachers are well educated and very involved. Principal is very visible. I love that most teacher have there master degree.

Posted November 11, 2013
I love this school. The teacher are excellent and way over qualified. The staff is helpful. The parent involvement is so great! I can't say enough about this school!

Avery Elementary School 1

Posted October 06, 2013
Ordinary. Such a simple word but not one that bode's well for your child's achievement in school. Avery is an ordinary elementary school that only strives to move on average students. They hold back way too many kids pointing the blame for this on the parents & child. Instead of where it should lie. Squarely on the teachers and ultimately the entire school system for their mandated teaching approach.

Posted March 20, 2013
There is something special going on at Avery. Our kids are challenged, excited and motivated to do well and see school as a place to enjoy and contribute. When I have opportunity to visit the school, I am always struck by how positive and giving the entire school community is toward one another. Parents are welcomed. Children care for one another. Teachers are clearly invested and care about their school and their students. The administration participates. I have been to several award ceremonies or other school-related functions outside of Avery (at other venues, county-level events, etc.). I ALWAYS see Avery administration and faculty attending these events well outside of school hours. Our children experience differentiated curricula and are consistently receiving individualized attention. We have experience in the private school environment and though the class sizes were smaller (a clear benefit), the overall experience did not compete...lots of hype and propaganda. Avery is focused simply on educating and doing so for the whole child. Parent-teacher communication is excellent. We love the school and are blessed to be able to send our kids there.

Posted March 15, 2013
Avery is like a private school without the huge expense! The teachers, leadership and academic programs are fantastic. Parents are always welcome to volunteer and the school strives to be part of the community through PTA events as well as children being able to use the wonderful outside facilities. Go Cubs!!

Posted March 13, 2013
This is our first year at Avery after being at a private school for several years. We are so glad that we made the switch! Avery has exceeded our expectations in so many ways. Their teachers are wonderful, and it is so obvious that they really know our children's personalities and learning styles. The Principal and Assistant Principals are always friendly and smiling and available if you need them. Avery has lots of great parents who love the school and love to be involved. Both of our kids have been challenged academically more than they did in our previous school. Our kids are happy and love their school!

Posted March 11, 2013
I have a kindergartener at Avery Elementary. This is my first experience with my child in school, we have had a great experience so far. My child is reading in Kindergarten, and doing advanced math for her age. I am very happy with our teacher and her ability to recognize my child's aptitude and push it to the limit. There are so many volunteer opportunities at Avery, and I am always welcome to eat lunch with my child whenever I want. I feel very welcome here. The staff and administration are also very friendly. Couldn't say enough good things. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

Posted March 06, 2013
Our family has been at Avery since it was first created. We have had such a wonderful experience each year. First with my son who is now in 7th grade and now my daughter who is in 3rd. The teachers are very caring and give a warm and loving environment to the students. I feel very welcome each time I help volunteer whether it be in the library or classroom. I love the small town feel of the school even though we are a large school. There is a great sense of community among the teachers, parents, and students.

Posted March 05, 2013
We have had very positive experiences at Avery. I am one of many active volunteers at the school. I'm there often and I always feel welcome and appreciated. The Avery volunteers are a friendly, well organized group. It's easy to get involved at any level. My 3 children have had outstanding teachers. All public schools are facing tight budgets and crowded classrooms. Avery teachers put the kids first and handle those challenges in thoughtful and creative ways. They extend themselves beyond what I would expect to make sure that students get what they need. They care about my children and their academic success. The communication has been excellent on all levels. I love that I can email the teachers and get a quick response to any questions or concerns. We were at a private school for 3 years before moving to Avery. Before we switched, we visited. We took a tour and met with the principal and staff. We were very impressed with everything we saw and heard. The school has more than met our high expectations. Putting our kids there has been one of the best decisions we've made.

Avery Elementary School
6391 E Cherokee Dr, Canton, GA  30115
Last modified Avery Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Avery Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top