Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

There is a total lack of communication with both administration and faculty when it comes to academics, but if there is a fundraiser or the never ending stream (3-5 times a week) of letters coming home begging for money, the communication is flawless. The PTA newsletters only talk about money, the school's Facebook only talks about money, everything that gets sent home talks about money. The school has seriously gone downhill with the new principal and greatschools reflects that. Avery used to be a 9 which is why we moved to this district, however we have regretted that decision pretty much since we enrolled our children. calls to administration get pawned off to assistants Who cannot answer questions and are unaware policy. I would give Avery elementary negative 5 stars if I could. This school only cares about funds and is too big to care.

We moved to Georgia almost two years ago. I was very nervous having my kids start a new school. When I took a tour of the school my fears diminished. The school is fresh, clean, and the staff is very friendly. Parent involvement is encouraged!! My kids will be completing their second school year at Avery in May. I am very pleased with the school. I volunteer at the school often. I always feel welcomed. The teachers are very involved in after school events. The only thing I don't care for is that the class size is a little bigger than Florida. My car used to have anxiety in Florida about going to school. I would have to drag him out of the car. From day 1 at Avery he has gotten out of the car on his own!! Very pleased with Avery. I was surprised to read some of the bad comments.

Ive never had such a difficult time trying to communicate with my daughters teacher! Beyond frustrating. Spoke to principles 3 times actually had to go in the office in one occasion because nothing was changing when I called. And til this day I still havnt spoken to her?! And they have been in school well over a month! Ridiculous! There's no excuses Avery needa to step it up!

We just moved and were nervous about the move. We are very happy with Avery my child is a special education student and has received excellent educational services from the IEP team. She is excelling and very happy.

My son completed attended Avery for all 6 years, from K-5. Absolutely love the school! He had engaged, skilled teachers each year (except one but that teacher is no longer at this school). He looked forward to class each day and the school does a great job fostering a positive environment.

We have had our daughter in Avery for the last 4 years (since 1st grade) and could not be happier. I work at home so could move anywhere but right now, Cant imagine leaving Avery. The teachers are not only involved with the students but are very involved with the parents. The student to teacher ratio is excellent at about 21 students per class room. The classes are segmented into 3 groups (7 students each). Green, Yellow and Red (I may have the colors incorrect). The Green group is advanced and the red group is falling behind while the yellow group is on pace with the teacher. The assistant teachers come in and give assistance and extra help to the group that is falling behind whereas the teacher can keep moving along. The system has proven to work very well.

We just moved from Roswell and were a bit nervous about the transition, etc. We could not be happier with everyone, the class, the teachers, the communication. Our daughter has fallen right into line and is doing great. Thank you Avery and we look forward to this year!

The test scores speaks for itself on this school. What a wonderful school! Teachers are well educated and very involved. Principal is very visible. I love that most teacher have there master degree.

I love this school. The teacher are excellent and way over qualified. The staff is helpful. The parent involvement is so great! I can't say enough about this school!

Ordinary. Such a simple word but not one that bode's well for your child's achievement in school. Avery is an ordinary elementary school that only strives to move on average students. They hold back way too many kids pointing the blame for this on the parents & child. Instead of where it should lie. Squarely on the teachers and ultimately the entire school system for their mandated teaching approach.

Last modified Avery Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.