Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Posted March 15, 2016
We moved to Georgia almost two years ago. I was very nervous having my kids start a new school. When I took a tour of the school my fears diminished. The school is fresh, clean, and the staff is very friendly. Parent involvement is encouraged!! My kids will be completing their second school year at Avery in May. I am very pleased with the school. I volunteer at the school often. I always feel welcomed. The teachers are very involved in after school events. The only thing I don't care for is that the class size is a little bigger than Florida. My car used to have anxiety in Florida about going to school. I would have to drag him out of the car. From day 1 at Avery he has gotten out of the car on his own!! Very pleased with Avery. I was surprised to read some of the bad comments.

Avery Elementary School 2

Posted September 16, 2015
Ive never had such a difficult time trying to communicate with my daughters teacher! Beyond frustrating. Spoke to principles 3 times actually had to go in the office in one occasion because nothing was changing when I called. And til this day I still havnt spoken to her?! And they have been in school well over a month! Ridiculous! There's no excuses Avery needa to step it up!

Posted July 09, 2015
We just moved and were nervous about the move. We are very happy with Avery my child is a special education student and has received excellent educational services from the IEP team. She is excelling and very happy.

Posted May 31, 2015
My son completed attended Avery for all 6 years, from K-5. Absolutely love the school! He had engaged, skilled teachers each year (except one but that teacher is no longer at this school). He looked forward to class each day and the school does a great job fostering a positive environment.

Posted March 30, 2015
We have had our daughter in Avery for the last 4 years (since 1st grade) and could not be happier. I work at home so could move anywhere but right now, Cant imagine leaving Avery. The teachers are not only involved with the students but are very involved with the parents. The student to teacher ratio is excellent at about 21 students per class room. The classes are segmented into 3 groups (7 students each). Green, Yellow and Red (I may have the colors incorrect). The Green group is advanced and the red group is falling behind while the yellow group is on pace with the teacher. The assistant teachers come in and give assistance and extra help to the group that is falling behind whereas the teacher can keep moving along. The system has proven to work very well.

Posted August 26, 2014
We just moved from Roswell and were a bit nervous about the transition, etc. We could not be happier with everyone, the class, the teachers, the communication. Our daughter has fallen right into line and is doing great. Thank you Avery and we look forward to this year!

Posted November 11, 2013
The test scores speaks for itself on this school. What a wonderful school! Teachers are well educated and very involved. Principal is very visible. I love that most teacher have there master degree.

Posted November 11, 2013
I love this school. The teacher are excellent and way over qualified. The staff is helpful. The parent involvement is so great! I can't say enough about this school!

Avery Elementary School 1

Posted October 06, 2013
Ordinary. Such a simple word but not one that bode's well for your child's achievement in school. Avery is an ordinary elementary school that only strives to move on average students. They hold back way too many kids pointing the blame for this on the parents & child. Instead of where it should lie. Squarely on the teachers and ultimately the entire school system for their mandated teaching approach.

Posted March 20, 2013
There is something special going on at Avery. Our kids are challenged, excited and motivated to do well and see school as a place to enjoy and contribute. When I have opportunity to visit the school, I am always struck by how positive and giving the entire school community is toward one another. Parents are welcomed. Children care for one another. Teachers are clearly invested and care about their school and their students. The administration participates. I have been to several award ceremonies or other school-related functions outside of Avery (at other venues, county-level events, etc.). I ALWAYS see Avery administration and faculty attending these events well outside of school hours. Our children experience differentiated curricula and are consistently receiving individualized attention. We have experience in the private school environment and though the class sizes were smaller (a clear benefit), the overall experience did not compete...lots of hype and propaganda. Avery is focused simply on educating and doing so for the whole child. Parent-teacher communication is excellent. We love the school and are blessed to be able to send our kids there.

Avery Elementary School
6391 East Cherokee Dr, Canton, GA  30115
Last modified Avery Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.