No rating

Oak Mountain Academy

Private | PK-12 | 184 students

Living in Carrollton

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $90,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $690.

Posted January 21, 2013

We are continuously impressed by the quality of education that our son is receiving. This is our son's second year at OMA. The art and music programs are truly amazing. The teachers do an excellent job at teaching the fundamentals and children are taught the next higher grade's curriculum (so that first grade learns second grade math, etc.). This is challenging, but not to the point of frustration and the homework is not overbearing. The teachers are great - patient, caring, and very devoted to the students.

Posted September 24, 2012

This is my daughter's first year attending Oak Mountain Academy's Lower School. She loves her teachers and classes. OMA has made her feel welcomed and accepted. She is being challenged academically and she is striving. If you are looking for a school in the West Georgia area - check OMA out - you will be surprised at the number of opportunties for students.

Posted July 10, 2012

After several years of paying top dollar for (what we thought was) a high quality school, we learned that my child had not been taught the basics for reading. When my child started begging me to go to another school, we knew there was a problem. We had to get a specialized tutor to assist in catching up to grade level! We should have know earlier, when most classmates left before us. NOT worth the money!

Posted May 3, 2011

I am very disappointed in this school. I am a student who has gone there for 4 years and have not liked it at all. If you are looking tho place your child in OMA, then ask them these questions first: 1. Do want to be in a class of five snotty rich kids? 2. Do want to have only ten friends in the entire school, and those ten friends BEING the entire school? Parents, ask yourselves these questions: 1. Do you want to pay almost eleven THOUSAND dollars per year on your child's education, while your child going there for 3 years can add up to the cost of a luxury car? 2. Do you want to be constantly harassed by donation requests sent in the mail, email, and even over the phone? If you and your child answered yes to these questions than go ahead: waste your hard earned money on a bunch of nonsense.

Posted April 11, 2011

Almost 2 summers ago, dropped by OMA.I wanted to pick up more detailed curiiculum info.The director of admissions was out and the person who "helped" me said that I could call back or drop in another time. I realize this is a small private school but with a fairly large price tag and I would have thought someone might have professionally said," Our director is out today but please let me have your name and number and she will call you tomorrow." At the time I had 3 kids I was looking to place somewhere.This incident has kept me from looking at OMA any further.And I wish you had more details on your site.

Posted February 4, 2011

Our children have attended OMA for the past 7 years. We could not have picked a better environment to help them develop intellectually, socially, physically, and spiritually. We love the family atmosphere, the challenging academics, the opportunities to compete in athletics, the supportive faculty and administration, and the wide variety of clubs and activities. With the help of the OMA family, our children will be well-prepared for college and for life.

Posted February 3, 2011

The curriculum is very rigorous. The athletics programs perform at the state level. Teachers give assignments that allow students to be creative. Christian values and morals are important, but the school is not "preachy." Overall a great independent school education.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 23, 2010

OMA provides college-preparatory academics AND an array of award-winning athletics, fine arts/drama and academic competition teams for all students. An OMA student is encouraged and able to pursue ALL of their academic, athletic, and fine arts interests all the way through high school.

Posted November 19, 2009

My kids love the school. Its challanges them academicly, physicaly, and gives a great social enviroment.

Posted September 25, 2009

We love OMA--A wonderful family atmosphere. Strong academic curriculum.

Posted September 17, 2009

It has a strong academic curriculum but also stresses participation in a variety of extracurricular directions, including athletics, art, and drama. There is an emphasis on community and family involvement in the school and its activities.

Posted September 15, 2008

I went to OMA for 9 year and I loved every moment of my time there. With such small classes you really get to know both your fellow students and teachers. Not to mention that there is a large amount of interaction between the three schools giving the younger children role models and the older children an opportunity to give back to their school. I am at the University of Georgia now and I couldn't be happier about how OMA prepared me for university. I feel that OMA is a wonderful learning environment that fosters creativity, leadership, sportsmanship and studious behavior.

Posted July 25, 2008

It is amazing. It is so much better than the big schools in Atl. It is vigorous, nuturing, and just so much fun. I wisj I could go to school during the summer
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 17, 2008

Great school. Small classrooms lead to lots of learning experiences. Great oportunities for children to excell. My children have attended since kindergarten and are now in 9th and 7th grade. 100% of the graduates attend college.

Posted February 28, 2007

I thoroughly love this school. It is great. My daughter loves it also.

Posted July 14, 2005

My children (entering 6th and 9th grades) have been attending OMA since kindergarten. It has been a very enriching experience for both of them. The faculty and staff constantly strive to achieve the most in academic excellence in each grade while at the same time nurturing their personal development. I feel confident that when the time comes to select and attend a college they will be well prepared.

Posted January 28, 2005

I was extremely disappointed in this school. The mentality here is very narrow and small-not what you expect from a private school. The quality of teachers is poor (at least in my child's case). Absolutely not worth the cost. Student individuality and creativity not encouraged. Very rural and unsophisticated. My child would have been better off in the public schools in Carroll County. More like a church atmosphere than a school. If you are moving to Carrollton from the city and think this is the answer-beware.

Posted May 24, 2004

Awesome school. I have two children attending OMA and have been very pleased with their academic progression. OMA produces well rounded students ready for life.

Posted February 23, 2004

Our youngest daughter was at OMA K4-12 and benefitted greatly. She played sports: basketball, softball, soccor, cheerleading. She learned how to study and excell at college where she is now. We are greatfull for her OMA experience.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

222 Cross Plains Road