PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They are always available for extra help if needed.

Absolutely a wonderful environment for our three children. We are not wealthy people, not members of a country club (like some of the comments below state), but we have been at OMA for 9 years now and absolutely believe it has been worth our family's the sacrifice to send them there. The staff is warm and caring to all the children. I continue to ask parents of our graduates if they feel the continued sacrifice is worth it all the way through high school. Their 100% response is "Absolutely." They feel their child is better prepared for the mental adjustment, as well as the work ethic required to succeed in college. As crazy as the world seems to be all around us, I don't worry one bit when I drop my kids off every day. I know they will be wonderfully cared for.

Paula Gillespie harshly disviplined my child based on hearsay that' she could not prove when asked. She refuses to communicate with parents after disciplining the kids. However she does allow cocsine use by the kids whose parents are on the board. I would stay far away from this school it's very poluticsl and the academics are not up to par

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The teachers and administrators are incompetent and only truly concerned with the "country club" children.

Worst decision we ever made in regard to our child. If you want to send your child to a school that not only allows but also justifies bullying, then you have found the right place.

We are continuously impressed by the quality of education that our son is receiving. This is our son's second year at OMA. The art and music programs are truly amazing. The teachers do an excellent job at teaching the fundamentals and children are taught the next higher grade's curriculum (so that first grade learns second grade math, etc.). This is challenging, but not to the point of frustration and the homework is not overbearing. The teachers are great - patient, caring, and very devoted to the students.

This is my daughter's first year attending Oak Mountain Academy's Lower School. She loves her teachers and classes. OMA has made her feel welcomed and accepted. She is being challenged academically and she is striving. If you are looking for a school in the West Georgia area - check OMA out - you will be surprised at the number of opportunties for students.

After several years of paying top dollar for (what we thought was) a high quality school, we learned that my child had not been taught the basics for reading. When my child started begging me to go to another school, we knew there was a problem. We had to get a specialized tutor to assist in catching up to grade level! We should have know earlier, when most classmates left before us. NOT worth the money!

I am very disappointed in this school. I am a student who has gone there for 4 years and have not liked it at all. If you are looking tho place your child in OMA, then ask them these questions first: 1. Do want to be in a class of five snotty rich kids? 2. Do want to have only ten friends in the entire school, and those ten friends BEING the entire school? Parents, ask yourselves these questions: 1. Do you want to pay almost eleven THOUSAND dollars per year on your child's education, while your child going there for 3 years can add up to the cost of a luxury car? 2. Do you want to be constantly harassed by donation requests sent in the mail, email, and even over the phone? If you and your child answered yes to these questions than go ahead: waste your hard earned money on a bunch of nonsense.

Almost 2 summers ago, dropped by OMA.I wanted to pick up more detailed curiiculum info.The director of admissions was out and the person who "helped" me said that I could call back or drop in another time. I realize this is a small private school but with a fairly large price tag and I would have thought someone might have professionally said," Our director is out today but please let me have your name and number and she will call you tomorrow." At the time I had 3 kids I was looking to place somewhere.This incident has kept me from looking at OMA any further.And I wish you had more details on your site.

Last modified Oak Mountain Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12