Posted October 24, 2013
Sharp Creek Elementary This school has the best faculty of any in metro Atlanta. The teachers are loving and nurturing which is important and inspires children to learn.

Posted August 12, 2012
Overal, the teachers, administration, and staff care. With that said, you are the parent and you MUST pay attention. Many times, the teachers only do what the must do, not what needs to be done. They tend to focus on the problem kids because they disrupt so much. There also seems to be a disconnect between teachers and administration at ever level. Neither seem to be very happy. If you are looking for a proactive school...this isn't it. My child was in the "gifted" program, but the kids who needed help got much more attention. In fact, my child needs were ignored because he wasn't a touble maker and he was smart. Again, I think this is where the public education system is going in gneral. When I brought it to their attention, he was moved ahead to another grade and enjoyed it much more. HOWEVER, THEY WOULD HAVE DONE NOTHING UNLESS I ASKED. Due to "no child left behind", only the kids who need more help are assisted. I decided to move him to a school that has a better track record for helping kids to excel instead of just to pass. I do feel they are working to make it better though. I just don't have time to wait for it to happen.

Posted July 01, 2011
This school is fantastic! The teacher & faculty involvement is above and beyond what any parent could ask for. The teachers are kind, caring and give so much of themselves. Mrs. Wilson the principal & Mr. Holt the Vice Principal are so wonderful & caring! My son has just left the 5th grade to go to middle school & I am sad to leave all the wonderful people behind. I want to thank everyone at the school for giving my children such a wonderful education & experience.

Sharp Creek Elementary School 2

Posted May 04, 2009
In the last year this school has gone D-O-W-N! Test schools are below average. Inconsistent. Not as it once was.

Posted June 01, 2008
this is a great school i have my youngest son in it he is going into 3rd and my oldest went there also from pre-k to 5th and i loved the school and still do.

Posted April 28, 2007

Posted November 06, 2004
SCES days were the happiest days of Victoria's life! She was very upset when a broken arm made her her miss a day of school. She excelled into advanced classes in 5th grade and did great with Mrs. Phillips. Now she is in Middle School taking advanced classes and still getting straight A's. You can go to the Board of Ed. and request a letter of transfer to choose the right Middle School for you. Carroll County schools are great about that.

Posted October 27, 2004
My child has attended sharp creek elementary from pre-k. He is now in the fourth grade. We have had only good experiences. The principal knows my child by name, as well as myself and my husband. All the teachers my son have had, have been very loving and enthusiastic. We had the opportunity to 'loop' with ms. Tara smith in the second and third grades and she spoiled us rotten!! the only regret i have is the fact that there is no recreation department. I do have one concern, and that is where will my child go once he reaches the fifth grade. I want him to go to central of carrollton, but i am afraid he may have to go to bay springs. What can i do to assure that my child goes to the school my husband and i feel is best for him?

Posted August 22, 2004
SCES has a wonderful team of teachers that work together in a warm and welcoming climate, making every child and parent feel important. However, my daughter is having a rough time in middle school adjusting to the demands of both Science and Social Studies classes. At Sharp Creek, these subjects were not given the same attention as Math and Language Arts. I never once saw a Science or Social Studies book come home in all that time my child was there. When I questioned the teacher, I was told that she did not like these subjects, therefore she did not teach them any more than what was necessary to pass the CRCT tests, and sure enough, these were my childs lowest scores on the CRCT. I am all for teachers being held accountable! It will perfect SCES, by raising those scores, while preparing students for middle school.

Sharp Creek Elementary School
115 Old Muse Rd, Carrollton, GA  30116
Last modified Sharp Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sharp Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top