Carrollton, GA
Students enrolled: 1,423

Posted August 20, 2014
This school is really involving, many sports and clubs. No one will ever be left out.

Posted September 26, 2013
My shool is awesome!! There are so many great ways to get involved. We have alomost every sport and club you can think of. Our teachers are all fantastic at teaching us what we need to know. Carrollton is the best shcool in the state in my opinion.

Posted May 11, 2010
This school is the best. They rea;;y care about your grades and your behavior. But besides that they are not strict at all. And you will have alot of funn.

Posted November 20, 2009
Carrollton High School prepared me very well for college at the University of Georgia. The teachers for the honors students are excellent and the ones who don't teach honors are good as well. The only reason I believe it has a bad rating is that it is an inner-city school, and you cannot make some students care about classes, therefore, the grades from the whole school are brought down during testing. This is not representative of the school itself.

Posted November 18, 2009
We moved here from out of state in August, 2008. The school has great spirit and takes a lot of pride in athletics, which as a former HS athlete I appreciate and 'get'. However, academics at this school are a bit hit and miss. I don't understand how my child seldom has any homework. Yes, he's bright and makes pretty much straight 'A's but I think in at least some of the classes, the standards are VERY low. I'd like to see the expectations for academics be as high as they are for athletics. Anybody who thinks Carrollton HS has across the board high standards would be blown away by what it's like at an academically strong school. Don't get me wrong, teachers/staff are very nice and helpful at the school. I just wish there was more emphasis on academics.

Posted November 03, 2009
Great Academics, Extracurricular Activities, and school spirit. The teacher love the students and show it. Parents are encouraged to be strongly involved with their child's education.

Carrollton High School 4

Posted September 16, 2009
We have a very diverse staff and we maintain high standards in academics, arts, and athletics. We succeed in all three!

Carrollton High School 3

Posted January 05, 2009
It is really hard to fit in at carrollton high school. Carrollton is such an old town so everyone knows each other. Ive been attending carrollton since august of 2008 and i still dont really know anyone that well....all of my better friends go to villa rica, but thats a really bad school

Posted January 01, 2009
Whoever said that the school is based on a hierarchy of 'Baptist jocks' is as ignorant as the grammar used in the review. The school has an outlet for every student body whether it be in the sports department or the regionally (if not nationally) acclaimed band program. Also, note, that when comparing the number of out-of-district students at Carrollton with the number of those attending Central, one can see the favorable choice.

Posted September 26, 2008
My kids have gone to different schools in Ga as well as other states. We have been in Carrollton for about 4 years and thus far have no plans on ever leaving. They have met way beyond my expectations with academics and the community support. My son has a very high IQ which other schools recognized but seemed to be clueless as to what to do about it. Carrollton immediately upon registeration commented on his high scores and said they would make sure he is challenged. We have not been disappointed. I moved in to Carrollton, was not born here, and have felt very welcome by my neighbors and the community. It is a very close community and you can feel like an outsider IF you don't allow yourself to get involved. It isn't because people don't allow you in. Great job Carrollton City!

202 Trojan Dr, Carrollton, GA  30117
Last modified Carrollton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carrollton High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top