Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted February 16, 2016
Thank you all, but it always starts at the top! Dr. Finney is terrific and down to Earth. We could not have asked for a better example of a caring, professional Principal!

Posted February 16, 2016
Excellent staff from the Principal to the teachers and all others as well. This is true at all grade levels.

Posted October 13, 2015
Excellent school. Smell very nice and Look clean. Love the principle. He cares a lot. The staffs and teachers seem caring and I am very happy to that the school rating is 10 out of 10 and that a plus.

Mulberry Creek Elementary School 4

Posted February 25, 2014
"A few years ago a child was choking and the teachers did not hear what was happening because of how loud it was. ..." , this happend more than 10 years ago to a Pre-K child. The older children do not need this rule!!! They need some social time. They work all day. Class time is used completely for learning.

Posted May 03, 2013
We are moving to the area in a few months and didn't really know which direction to take concerning schools. My husband will be working at Headquarter Nissan and after speaking with others in the dealership they suggested we move to Harris County. So during our visit we went to the Mulberry area and found a home to rent and visited the Mulberry Creek school during school hours. I was thrilled at what I saw. Upon entering the school, you could not just walk in, you had to be buzzed in. We were greeted by the receptionist and Principal. That sealed the deal for me and my husband. We spoke to Dr. Finney and he showed us around the school. We were AMAZED at how clean and respectful the school was. As far as the lunch room with as to other posts I have seen, we are completely satisfied with how quiet it was. Her lunch room now you can hardly hear each other speak to one another. We all in favor of how they handle the lunch room. We are excited to have our little girl in such a great environment. :) :)

Posted November 06, 2011
I first thought it was a little out there for the children to not be allowed to talk at lunch but when I found out the why , you have to respect the reason why,. A few years ago a child was choking and the teachers did not hear what was happening because of how loud it was. There are about 100 students eating at once so even the smallest conversations can add up, I understand that they could control how loud they get by flicking the lights on and off every few minutes but when they only get 30 minutes to eat I think they should be quiet and eat. Everyone can not always be pleased but come on now Mulberry is a great school and if not talking at lunch is the biggest complaint then there doing a great job!

Posted November 04, 2011
This school has been a blessing to our family. MCE recently got a new principal, who is AMAZING! He has the rare ability to lead by example and is confident yet not arrogent. The children love and respect him. I see him everday, he puts kids in the car, comes into their classrooms, and monitors lunch time. The staff love him and he runs the school like a well oiled machine. My child's teacher is of the highest caliber, making my child feel loved and my child is thriving. She continues to challange him although he is far ahead of other students. I chose this school over private school and it was the best decision I ever made. I cannot express how much of a blessing this school has been for us.

Mulberry Creek Elementary School 2

Posted February 02, 2009
I am please with how my children are learning at Mulberry, but I am disgusted at how they are not allowed to talk and visit with their peers at lunchtime. When can they visit and just be a kid? It is certainly not in the classroom, where they are expected to be quiet and behave. It is a shame that the students who attended Mulberry will be looking back on their experiences and not remember a lot of their experiences these with fondness.

Mulberry Creek Elementary School 3

Posted January 30, 2009
After reading the previous posts, I went to Mulberry Creek to eat with my child and looked at it through different eyes. It is unusual for hallways to be silent and the lunchroom situation is rediculous. Children need to be able to freely talk during their learning day. Mulberry Creek is a good school, however maybe they should revisit some of their rules/regulations so children have great memories of their time there.

Posted December 18, 2008
The previous poster has a point, it is definately super strict, but the students don't know the difference. And at any time you could visit and no matter what grade you see walking the halls, they are definately well behaved. My child has been there 3 years and loves school. As long as my kid is happy, I am happy.

8405 Ga Hwy 315, Cataula, GA  31804
Last modified Mulberry Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.