Posted September 30, 2013
The teacher are great. The secretaries are impolite and very unpleasant The new principal, Mr. Hammentt, well I spoke to him about the office staff and he was not helpful at all .The Secretaries is rude to the student also. My kids say they do not like going to office for anything because of the Anger secretaries.

Posted October 30, 2010
This school is the best the teachers re great nad the staff are wonderfull this is the best school yet.

Posted August 28, 2008

Westside Elementary School 0

Posted April 16, 2008
I went to Westside as a child and so do my three girls.I live the new principal Mr.McElwee.I believe he is very friendly and has put forth some good ideas. My children also love it.The only problem I have there is with the some of the office staff.The one lady who i usually the one a parent has to talk to is very rude and acts as if she owns the place and the children.When I went there Molly was the main lady in the office and she was the sweetest,kindest,helpful lady to ever grace those halls.I wish someome could have a talk with the lady(who seems to be) in charge of office now.

Posted October 04, 2006
Westside is a wonderful learning atmosphere with only the best for teachers. However, this school is ran very poorly. Beth Hitchcock needs to be a real principal. When I was in school, my principal was a friend. At this school, the students, if they even know who she is (she never leaves her office) are scared of her. And her poor teachers live in misery. That is obvious from an outsiders point of view. I have seen this principal SCREAM at a teacher - in her face - in front of both students and parents. This is uncalled for.

Westside Elementary School 3

Posted April 21, 2005
I have 2 children that attend westside, and for the most part they both love it. From what I have seen I am very pleased with the teachers. They go the extra mile. As for the office staff that leaves a lot to be desired. The secretaries are rude and very unhelpful, as for the new principal, Mrs. Hitchcock well lets just face facts, she is running a school not a boot camp. She is rude not only to the parents but also to the students. I can only imagine the huge responsibility that it must be to run an elementary school, but I also remember when i was in elementary school and how much of an influence my principal was.

Posted April 06, 2005
I think westside is a good school. I went there when I was younger and me kids go there also.I think the teachers are wonderful at their job. If I could change their pay scale, I would because they deserve much more then what they are getting. Dawn Youngblood

Posted February 23, 2005
Personnally I think that westside school is the greatest. i went there as a student and my son also went there in the past. They seem to care about the students more,listen to what they have to say with real interest.

Westside Elementary School 2

Posted January 27, 2004

Westside Elementary School 3

Posted January 14, 2004
Westside has been ruff for my child this year. The teachers seem like they don't know what their doing. They haven't been enough parent, children involvement. Like on the holidays. The school seems that all their worried about is weather the child is there are not. Not if there is something really wrong with them. They just want to know when will they be back. The office staff is very rude to you when you call or go in there. The principle and the vice principle never has time to speak with you. The lunch food is not what I call healthy eating. You need to feed them something they will eat. And when the child don't feel well they don't call you and let you know they wait until they get ready, because they don't want to miss any money if your child is not there at school. Especially since they get paid everytime our children are at school. They need to find at what is more important. And start treating everyone better.

Westside Elementary School
51 Frank Lott Dr, Cedartown, GA  30125
Last modified Westside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westside Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top