Cedartown, GA
Students enrolled: 1,133

Posted September 18, 2009
this school is ok they are pretty strict and unreasonable

Posted January 20, 2009
In my opinion cedartown highschool aint that bad of a place. & Chs is not to be blamed for my bad grammer. Its just a habbit. I think chs is good school, but yes, some teachers dont care. But every school has to be like that. The state puts too much on students and teachers and it has to be rushed so all the material is covered. The teacher or school shouldnt be blamed for that, but the state.

Posted September 10, 2008
I think my school (cedartown high) is a great school. At times i seem like some of my teachers move to fast just to make sure they cover everything so they wont get in trouble. I dont think they really take enough time on the chapters that we study. One of my teachers even gave us a quiz at the end of the day right after she had taught it. Thanks for reading my rating on my school where i'm a junior here at cedartown high school...

Cedartown High School 3

Posted August 04, 2008
Hi I am a graduate of Cedartown High. They are basically coming on up in this world. I am giving them an average rating because of how things are there. I mean test scores are really low, there are some good teachers there but my personal opinion. They need to hire some new teachers but as long as they dont treat the students as if they were in emementary school yeah your suppose to have fun in high school. i mean that could be the last time that you see your friends. But too, it is up to both parents and students to learn how to buckle down and do your school work. The Georgia High School Graduation Test is another thing. First of all I think that it is stupid for students to take it . Personally, i think that the Board of Education, Teachers should take it .

Posted April 30, 2008
Cedartown High School is a great school. Yet there are times that i feel that the teachers are just here for their paycheck..... I mean, what kind of teacher gets you ready for EOCTs 2 days before they are handed out??? Don;t get me wrong, there are some GREAT teachers that do care, and make you study, do your work, and really do care. I feel that this school is too caught up in Athletic Achievements and not Academic Achievments done by students. Since we got our new Principle Mr. David, the schools has significantky improved in many areas, i believe tha the new building addition will make this school better. I still think that there can be improvment in the cafeteria, and many departments like the science and math departments.

Cedartown High School 5

Posted December 15, 2007
My children graduated from CHS and are excelling in college. They received a great foundation for college. Thanks for all you did!

Cedartown High School 2

Posted October 10, 2007
I think its a shame that the students aren't gettin the prepartion needed for college! And their aren't enough teachers who really care about the situation either.

Cedartown High School 1

Posted October 09, 2007
students aren't being prepared for college and it will be hard for tem when they do get to college. they don't know how to study for one thing. they aren't being teached how to study properly

Cedartown High School 2

Posted January 10, 2007
As an Advanced Student of CHS; I DO NOT feel prepared for college! Yeah it's an ok school besides that but shouldn't the main purpose of high school be to prepare you for college and ultimately success? Many teachers do care, all are not bad. Ms. V Mayes in particular was one of the few teachers who actually tried, and succeeded in getting students ready for the vigor of college courses!

Cedartown High School 4

Posted July 24, 2006
Personally speaking 'I love chs', it was probably the most memorable years I will ever live out. I would not change a thing about that place, except the hallway size.

167 Frank Lott Dr, Cedartown, GA  30125
Last modified Cedartown High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedartown High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top