Thomson Middle School

Public | 6-8

In the know: Get our expert advice on schools

No articles are available

Posted April 3, 2014

I have two boys in this school. My oldest has been there from 6th till now he is in 8th grade. My younger son is a 6th grader. We love this school, the teachers really care and do thier best to help a child do great. The staff is also awsome. My 6th grade son can be a handfyl at times and these teachers and staff have shown paientence and love towards him. Thanks Thomson Middle for doing such an outstanding job.

Posted January 21, 2014

I used to go to TMS but i currently go to BMS. Thomson is superior contrary to what many say.Students who go here easily acclimate easily to the school and the athletic and musical departments are award winning.Go TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted August 12, 2013

My son is doing great at Thomson. He's in honors classes and the curriculum is challenging. Teachers and staff are very friendly and helpful.

Posted November 2, 2011

We used to love Thomson Middle School, our son is in 7th grade now. We have had problems this year with bomb threats, the school can use the automated phone system for every fund raiser in the world but they can not call to advise you of a bomb threat. We did not find out about these until we arrive at school to drop off your children and you are greeted by Centerville Police telling you that they will call when school is opening my child has missed two days of school for this reason because we were not able to make the arrangements for our son. Lets not talk about the football for this school, the coaches are wanting to get a trophy so they want the boys to practice until there about dead and then send them home. Our sons grades started falling and when he was kicked off of the team for missing a practice, I called the coach and the call was never returned, with this being said they did not get their trophy. We moved to this area for the school system but we are looking to move before our child starts high school.

Posted June 17, 2011

The school isn't challenging at all and I was in all honors classes. I truly loved my teachers and friends at thomson, but it's not the greatest school.Many things were band last year from student like silly bands. Sports were amazing but, acedemics weren't. I'm currently going to 8th grade i recently moved after 1 year and a half at thomson. I moved from a very i quality school so maybe my expectations are high. On a scale pf 1-10 i say 6.
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 21, 2009

i love it!my daughters think it is the best and she has finally made lots of friends,which is really great because she never had lots of friends.ive met them and theyre great and have no problems!she still has time for academics because shes an honors straight a student and was in the play and is going to play soccer! im just so happy!

Posted February 16, 2009

This was my sons first year and his last!We moved.My son is a straight A student and has never even got detention.With this being said,the first month in this school he has gotten into 3 fights and cussed out too many times to count!I volunteered to just to see what was going on.Some of the students are out of control.I feel it got more about self defense for my child then about education.I would like to say not all was bad.My child and I got to know some amazing teachers in team C.The principals make you feel very welcome.Boy do they have their hands full!

Posted October 8, 2008

I recently moved from out of state and I'm very disappointed in the policy and enforcement of both the teachers as well the admin staff . I know enough to know that it travels from on top. My daughters teacher is rude ,a bully and for some reason this is condoned. I feel as if everyone is afraid of her and I see no value AT ALL that she has added to the education of my child. My daughter is a hard worker and doesn't need to be talked to in a disrespectful manner to get her attention so to take this approach with each student or any student is insane to me . And furthermore this policy about being one minute late is a mark against you is also insane . Instead of the focus being on one minute lateness they should channel it to making sure these kids have homework everyday book clubs, things like that . My daughter can't even get out of her class to sign up for any clubs the teachers response is always some kind of excuse as to why she can't follow-up. If my daughter had another year in this school I would move just so I could make sure she didn't spend another year there . They have a long way to go!

Posted June 29, 2008

Thomson is a great school! My daughter is an A student. The Teachers and Administration are great.

Posted August 8, 2007

I have had no problems with the Administration at Thomson Middle School...that could be because I don't have a child that is constantly in trouble or in fights at the school. This is middle school folks. Kids are finding out about themselves, they are on the cusp of growing up, and are maturing. To blame the Administration on 'bullying' and 'arguing' is throwing out a red herring. My son is loving his time at Thomson. This year he is on the football team and in band. I only wish they had a debate club! Quit complaining and do something about it. You and your child have a lot to do with how successful and happy they are in Middle School!

Posted March 28, 2007

Break Detention and ISS given for every little thing. No communication with parents regarding discipline. Lack of continuity in disciplinary procedures. Low test scores. There are by far better schools in this district.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 92% in 2013.

256 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2013.

254 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 96% in 2013.

257 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 74% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 78% in 2013.

263 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 93% in 2013.

261 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

260 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 95% in 2013.

262 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 85% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

247 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2013.

245 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 97% in 2013.

247 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 74% in 2013.

253 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 78% in 2013.

251 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 82% in 2012.

265 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

9th Grade Literature

The state average for 9th Grade Literature was 86% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 30% in 2013.

American Literature

The state average for American Literature was 91% in 2013.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 75% in 2013.

Coordinate Algebra

The state average for Coordinate Algebra was 37% in 2013.

Economics

The state average for Economics was 79% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 75% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 29% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 59% in 2013.

Physical Science

The state average for Physical Science was 83% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 3%

• Tammy Dunn
Fax number
  • (478) 953-0484

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

301 Thomson Rd