Centerville, GA

Posted April 27, 2015
Love the school and teachers. Your kid will definitely learn the best in houston county

Thomson Middle School 4

Posted April 03, 2014
I have two boys in this school. My oldest has been there from 6th till now he is in 8th grade. My younger son is a 6th grader. We love this school, the teachers really care and do thier best to help a child do great. The staff is also awsome. My 6th grade son can be a handfyl at times and these teachers and staff have shown paientence and love towards him. Thanks Thomson Middle for doing such an outstanding job.

Posted January 21, 2014
I used to go to TMS but i currently go to BMS. Thomson is superior contrary to what many say.Students who go here easily acclimate easily to the school and the athletic and musical departments are award winning.Go TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thomson Middle School 4

Posted August 12, 2013
My son is doing great at Thomson. He's in honors classes and the curriculum is challenging. Teachers and staff are very friendly and helpful.

Thomson Middle School 3

Posted March 23, 2013
I think thomson is an over acheiver when it comes to after school activities but its acedemics arent the best in the county, but they arent the worst either.

Posted November 02, 2011
We used to love Thomson Middle School, our son is in 7th grade now. We have had problems this year with bomb threats, the school can use the automated phone system for every fund raiser in the world but they can not call to advise you of a bomb threat. We did not find out about these until we arrive at school to drop off your children and you are greeted by Centerville Police telling you that they will call when school is opening my child has missed two days of school for this reason because we were not able to make the arrangements for our son. Lets not talk about the football for this school, the coaches are wanting to get a trophy so they want the boys to practice until there about dead and then send them home. Our sons grades started falling and when he was kicked off of the team for missing a practice, I called the coach and the call was never returned, with this being said they did not get their trophy. We moved to this area for the school system but we are looking to move before our child starts high school.

Posted June 17, 2011
The school isn't challenging at all and I was in all honors classes. I truly loved my teachers and friends at thomson, but it's not the greatest school.Many things were band last year from student like silly bands. Sports were amazing but, acedemics weren't. I'm currently going to 8th grade i recently moved after 1 year and a half at thomson. I moved from a very i quality school so maybe my expectations are high. On a scale pf 1-10 i say 6.

Posted February 21, 2009
i love it!my daughters think it is the best and she has finally made lots of friends,which is really great because she never had lots of friends.ive met them and theyre great and have no problems!she still has time for academics because shes an honors straight a student and was in the play and is going to play soccer! im just so happy!

Posted February 16, 2009
This was my sons first year and his last!We moved.My son is a straight A student and has never even got detention.With this being said,the first month in this school he has gotten into 3 fights and cussed out too many times to count!I volunteered to just to see what was going on.Some of the students are out of control.I feel it got more about self defense for my child then about education.I would like to say not all was bad.My child and I got to know some amazing teachers in team C.The principals make you feel very welcome.Boy do they have their hands full!

Thomson Middle School

Posted October 08, 2008
I recently moved from out of state and I'm very disappointed in the policy and enforcement of both the teachers as well the admin staff . I know enough to know that it travels from on top. My daughters teacher is rude ,a bully and for some reason this is condoned. I feel as if everyone is afraid of her and I see no value AT ALL that she has added to the education of my child. My daughter is a hard worker and doesn't need to be talked to in a disrespectful manner to get her attention so to take this approach with each student or any student is insane to me . And furthermore this policy about being one minute late is a mark against you is also insane . Instead of the focus being on one minute lateness they should channel it to making sure these kids have homework everyday book clubs, things like that . My daughter can't even get out of her class to sign up for any clubs the teachers response is always some kind of excuse as to why she can't follow-up. If my daughter had another year in this school I would move just so I could make sure she didn't spend another year there . They have a long way to go!

Thomson Middle School
301 Thomson Rd, Centerville, GA  31028
Last modified Thomson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomson Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top