Bad
Good

I used to love going here- until this semester. There has been a big bullying case in the magnet side and people have been reporting it, yet nothing has happened to the bully the past times people have reported it. It is serious verbal bullying and threats that need to be taken care of. The teachers are amazing but the vice principals in 6th and 7th grade lack a lot. I also do not feel respected or independent here at all. They watch literally everything that you do. They like to threaten students with silent lunch and ISS. I also hate the orchestra program. The teacher has little respect for his students.

Chamblee Middle School has been a great fit for my rising 7th grader. We did the "shadow-for-a-day" Bridge program about a couple weeks before 6th grade began. My child didn't have any "locker issues" (at least that I know of). The principal is extremely responsive and supportive. Ms. Jackson typically responds back to an email in less than 24 hours. She fully supported the Chess Club bringing in an outside instructor who, of course, passed the county's requirements. The 6A teaching team was also extremely responsive with any questions that I had. The band program pushes the students to excel!

My child recently started in the CMS Magnet program and so far we are very pleased. Teachers and staff do their very best. This is a big improvement from our child's previous school. Our child complains that the teachers give a lot of work. That makes us happy because that means more opportunity for learning. By the way, our kid works hard and makes straight "A"s, so for me this is proof of good teaching. The biggest problem in K12 education in my opinion is lack of discipline. Any school's staff is prevented from applying any meaningful punishment, so they contact the parents. I have seen so many parents blame the teacher or school rather than taking personal responsibility for their child's future. Parents: if you want your child to succeed, YOU have to spend time with them every night. Get involved. Work WITH teachers. Punish your child if they misbehave in school, but also praise and encourage and reward them when their grades are rising. Don't do their homework for them, but support them. Explain why they are working - to build a successful future career which will allow them to have the lifestyle they want. It's up to you...

coming from a magnet student, the school overall sucked, but the learning experience was pretty good and smooth. just beware the administrators and Mr. Coile

I am.. okay with this school. Some of the teachers are nice, but demanding. Some don't teach and are very mean. The students in the magnet program always get the special treatment, and resident students are left in the dust. I like this school sometimes because it is challenging at times. It can have exciting events, and fun activites. I dislike this school because sometimes students are threatened with ISS or detention because of silly things. For example, one teacher almost gave me detention for going up the 8th grade staircase, instead of the main stairs because I am in 7th grade. As well as being threatened, students are taken the privilege of having fun. At prep rallies, students are forced to go into the gym, hear extremely loud music, and hear teachers introduce sport team members a hundred times. Then, students sit there doing nothing.

I do recommend chamblee middle school Because i go there.. i am an 8th grade resident on team 8a.. i would recommend chamblee because they expect. From their students nothing but the best.. On the resident team 8a we had a rare but great selection of teachers . We have a science teacher willing to go above and beyond to make Sure that we understand . As well did the other teachers but not with the same level of ambition that this teacher had.. but all in all chamblee is a great school Because they will strive to Give an education no matter Who is not doing their part , chamblee will find a way for us the students to understand each and every standard.. Its just the chamblee way .

I do not like chamblee middle school at all. I dont reccomend anyone going. The teachers are no help, they dont assign any homework, their are kids getting bullied and teachers will not do anything. If you do reccomend going to CMS enroll in the magnet program it is a much better atmosphere. I should know because I am a studnet on the resident side and everything i say is true, Im a 8th grade student and my 8a math teacher (whom i had in 6th also) hasnt taught us anything. He does not keep control of his class at all. The teachers are mean except for 3 in the whole school. I am too bullied alot and i have reported it and nothing has happend. The administration, if a child does somthing wrong and mean all they do is put kids in ISS and expect them to stop. It doesnt help at all. I am happy that i am no longer going to enroll in CMS anymore and that next year im going to CHS.

I think Chamblee is a good school. I go there right now and i have no problem with it. The teachers are very kind and help you. The education is great especially for magnet. The Physical Education Department is amazing and keeps you fit through the school year. I would suggest trying to get your child either in the magnet program or discovery program at Chamblee. By the way, the German program at CMS is number one in the state and in the top 10 in the country. We have plenty of homework and we learn a lot.

I do not recommend this school. The children who attend are barbaric and bullying is an every day occurance. Teachers do not give homework and are not in good control of the classroom.

I am very disapointed with this school. The only good thing is the award winning academic and sport teams. Other than that their is nothing extraordinary about this school

Last modified Chamblee Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.