Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I agree with the previous comment. This school could be so much more if the administration would support the teachers that teach our children and if the principal was more engaged with all the communities served. School environment is hostile for children (judging from the scary stories my son brings home), the building is gross inside and outside (this I have seen, as if there were no custodial staff to *really* clean around), and the administration is not helping to close the gap between different cultures within the school. The school is mostly Hispanic and I always see the poor parents lost trying to be there for their children and there's only one person in the front office that speaks the language and can actually help them. I feel my kids don't fit in and the school is doing nothing to help the children from different backgrounds learn how to coexist and cherish their diversity. That leaves the school with a bad aura due to severe malfunction. Also, I have BIG safety issues. The access to the school is pretty easy and there is not a constant face than can keep track of who goes in and who goes out. I had to train my kids so they can make smart choices and stay safe. Makes me sad to acknowledge that this is not a school where my children can grow and I feel forced to make some changes before this school year ends, regardless of how far I'll need to drive my kids for school. I'm tired of feeling bad as a parent because this is the place I send my kids to everyday during the prime years of their childhood. Not a good learning environment. Awful, just awful.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My older son has had some difficulties in this department and there was not much improvement, or follow up from the people in charge to deal with bullying in the building.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

There is a marked lack of it. You can tell by how filthy the place looks. I mean, who's in charge? Somedays I feel bad as a parent, because that's the place I send my children to, and their house doesn't even look close to that! That's the closest school we have and I take them myself, but that will change soon.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My kids are not involved with their school. There is not much where they can participate in and feel proud of the school they belong. And, as I said, they also feel they don't fit in.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

There is a student in my youngest class that the parent comes everyday to help out. I think he has some kind of special need and I still see her coming everyday. It doesn't seem like there's much help from the school in that matter. Pity.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

After a couple of years I can say that the differences between teachers can go from great to terrible. A lot of the teachers do not feel encouraged and you can tell by kind of work that gets home. Usually, great ones flee.

The families want the best for their sweet children. Every child is extremely willing and capable of being successful. The problem lies in the administration. The principal is not supportive or encouraging to her teachers, which results in large amounts of passionate teachers leaving every year. The children and the teachers deserve better.

Last modified Dresden Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.