Public charter
Chamblee, GA

Chamblee Charter High School 4

Posted September 13, 2014
I'm a sophomore this year, and I can honestly say that Chamblee has improved immensely compared to last year during the transition from the old building to the new one. I think that the stability of being in the completely finished buildings has allowed teachers and administrators to get a grip on what students are doing. Unfortunately, about five or six wonderful teachers left the school this past summer, whether to retire or for personal reasons (some speculate pay was the main problem) and this has caused a bit of chaos which resulted in many teachers having to double up and teach different classes (ex. my old bio. teacher has three biology classes and two physics classes).

Chamblee Charter High School 3

Posted December 02, 2013
I am a sophomore at chamblee and I already want to leave. The teachers are not how they are shown to be and it's sad. Most of the teachers act as they are one with the students and a few teachers are racist and will Harass. One of my teachers constantly harassed me because of how I dressed ( I am white) when others wear much worse clothing. My parents have constantly asked her to stop and even brought it to the principal but she has yet to do anything. The principal basically let's the teachers do what they want whenever. Do not be fooled by the "greatness" chamblee is brought out to be because it isn't. The only thing keeping chamblee with good test scores and such is the magnet side. There is racism in the school also and singling out especially. Four girls were wearing running shorts ( they were no shorter than the other) and and administrator came in and sent 2/4 girls to ISS and they were black. You will not get the ideal high school experience here I recommend you go to a private school or another school.

Posted June 09, 2013
my school is Chamblee high school. the school is very racist and the teachers do not offer help. many of the teachers are mean and use profanity. the teachers favor us Caucasians. I believe this is wrong. the principal is extremely rude and sarcastic.

Posted April 14, 2010
Chamblee has high scores etc. because of course it is in a magnet 'track,' plus students are self-motivated. However, there is a disconnect between how many students entered the magnet program, to how many remain in. Magnet students are often left to learn the material on their own. Teachers will often try to embarrass the students by saying, 'you are in magnet, you should know this material' instead of teaching it. This means of course, they don't have to teach or answer questions. Many of the teachers choose to work at the magnet schools, because the students are self-motivated, which means, again, they don't have to teach. Some of the comments here seem orchestrated, & make great 'surface' review. Teachers have no discipline rules in the classrooms, & are quick, bias, inconsistent, and drastic with the punishment. It seems teachers get more 'reward' out of punishing, instead of preventing.

Posted October 16, 2009
The Magnet program at Chamblee was exceptional. I graduated in 2004 from a rigorous curriculum set forth by our demanding teachers, who were always encouraging but never forgot that they were here to teach us as much as they could. The friendly competition among the students drove us to study hard and perform well on our exams. While it took a lot of time and effort, I graduated with 15 hours of that would count as completed college courses. The education from Advance Placement classes was far superior to their equivalent courses in college. For example, by the end of my second Statistics course in college, we barely covered everything that was taught in my AP Statistics course at Chamblee! I would recommend the Magnet program to absolutely everyone, but know that it requires a lot of work and dedication, so be prepared!

Posted August 26, 2009

Posted August 01, 2009
Chamblee is a great school! I was enrolled in the magnet program, which successfully prepared me for college and allowed me to begin college with nearly 30 hours due to the large variety of AP classes offered by Chamblee (all of which were more difficult than any college class). I was more challenged at Chamblee than I was in college -- and far more prepared than most of my college classmates. Chamblee offers diversity in students and classes. I am proud to be an alumna of Chamblee!

Posted July 19, 2009

Posted March 25, 2009
This is a great school. My daughter is graduating in May 2009 from the Magnet program. Her SATs are in the top 2% nationwide, thanks to the education she has received at Chamblee. We lived in Europe for a year and she went to a very expensive, prestigious international school there and was livid when she returned because she was so far behind her classmates in the Dekalb magnet program. She has formed wonderful relationships with her highly-skilled teachers and is off to a great start, thanks to Chamblee. The one negative is an aging physical plant but overall, it's a great school.

Posted February 04, 2009

Chamblee Charter High School
3688 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd, Chamblee, GA  30341
Last modified Chamblee Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chamblee Charter High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top