Chickamauga, GA

Posted March 25, 2015
We LOVE this school!!! Both my kids have been there since Pre-K and now one is in 5th grade and the other is in 3rd. I wouldn't send them to any other school. We've had the opportunity to relocate for work but I just cannot pull them from this school. The principal, Ms. Vann, is the best ever! She knows all the kids names and is so caring. The staff at the school is so caring as well. Love this school and I'm going to miss it big time when my youngest moves on to middle school.

Posted August 05, 2013
I am looking forward to my Grandson going here to start his education and learn great things. I told him this past week that by December when I see him again I bet he would be able to read me a story! he will be starting kindergarten this month~!

Posted March 16, 2013
My son loves this school the staff are wonderful and they understand children and work with them alot better than some other walker county schools my son had attended

Cherokee Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted August 12, 2012
My son was at Cherokee Ridge for K last year and I was not very impressed. The teachers are extremely picky and the principle does not care. When the teachers nor the principle do nothing about bullying there is a VERY big problem. If I had a choice my son would not go to Cherokee Ridge again this year.

Posted May 04, 2010
i have had 3 kids 2 finish pre-k through 5th @ cherokee ridge,as of rite nw my 4th child goes 2 cherokee ridge he also has been through the pre-k program,he is nw finishing up the 5trh grade,I will miss-the great teaching that the school has gave 2 all of my children...Thank you.....from the Oliver hildren,and Family

Posted October 15, 2009
I have two children that attend Cherokee Ridge. It is a wonderful school, it is impressive to me that the staff knows each child by name, all 900+ children. Ms. Vann is wonderful with the children and is a truely caring principal. The entire staff works to ensure each child has a chance for a bright future. Keep up the good work students & facility of Cherokee Ridge.

Posted October 15, 2009
The principal is awesome and the whole staff rocks!

Posted October 08, 2009
Our school rocks because we have THE perfect administrative team! Our teachers are awesome and know how to get kids motivated. Test scores are steadily increasing year after year. Our parent volunteers and community support are just the icing on the cake. We are a family of achievers!

Posted September 02, 2008
I could not have asked for my son to go to a better school. It is nice to know that you can take your children to school and know that they are going to have a great day, thanks to the staff. I would recommend Cherokee Ridge to everyone.

Posted August 12, 2008
Cherokee Ridge is the best elementary school in Walker County. I am a little disappointed by the low great schools rating, but I know why it is a little lower than the others. You see Cherokee Ridge has more students with special needs than any other school in the county. The No Child Left Behind standards create problems because developmentally disabled students are expected to complete the same tests as the ones who are not disabled. This creates a situation to where on paper their scores seem to be lower than average. Does anyone actually believe that a severly handicapped child should be required to take the same standardized test as those who are not? I have two children in this school and have the upmost confidence and respect for the faculty and staff, by which create a very effective learning environment. Perhaps the GreatSchool's ratings should take more in consideration.

2423 Johnson Rd, Chickamauga, GA  30707
Last modified Cherokee Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cherokee Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top