Bad
Good

Great teachers , great community , great sports . All the teachers are supportive and encouraging . This is a great place to raise your kids . And we still say the pledge of allegiance here!

I was a student at WCHS and graduated in 2009. This was the best school that I had been to, which I had moved around alot during the middle to ninth grade years. The teachers are all amazing and will do everything in their power to help the students while the principal, while serious, also knows how to kick back and have some quality time with the kids. If you are an artistic person, this is definetely a school for you. They have a great music, drama, and art program that do amazing at any competition in their region. Their sports are also amazing and highly ranked which I was proud to be a part of. This may be a small town, but there is nothing small about this school system made up of hard working, kind teachers and kids that are willing to learn whatever is thrown at them.

I have taught at WCHS for 20 years. Many things have changed since I began teaching, but my love for this school, its students, parents, and the community has not changed. I could easily select excellent as my rating, but I realize that all schools can improve. Considering the funding constraints we must operate under budget-wise, I beleive we are getting an excellent education for the dollar amount per child. We regularly produce test scores on the GHSGT and EOCT that place us at or above other schools in our RESA district. Do we have problems? Yes. Name one school in the country that doesn't have a problem of some nature. Could courses be more challenging? Absolutely. Educators are doing everything possible to positively affect the student apathy and lack of work ethic that we see on a daily basis. What are you doing to help your school?

My duaghter has been attending White County schools for about 2 years now. We are not from this town. Southern hospitality is at its finest in White County, GA. What I do not understand is the amount of drugs at the schools. After a month in the new school my child came home and had never heard of some of the drugs mentioned by students. We are from a town about 3 times the size of White County and did not have the issues with this area. To my surprise we are one of the top counties in the state for meth use. Our school system needs to step up to the plate with more random drug searches and education on a continuous basis to the students. Many student are related to one another (small town) and there is much favortism from teachers with students. It is very sad.

Im a White County High School student. I am not local. I moved here about 6 years ago. I can say that I didnt really like it here at first but now I'm going to be sad to move away when I graduate in '09. We might have failing grades but you really cant blame the teachers and the school system its pretty much the students. The teachers will do anything possible for the students to pass. I don't that that the WCH students understand that are teachers really do care and they try everyday to make us learn and most the time its us. So, if your thinking about a highschool that is amazing you should think of White Co. The teachers and students are awesome. -charlie.

I have lived happily in White County for almost seven years. I have attended other schools before White County in areas such as Gwinnett and Fulton County. White County is just like every other high school, it has its pros and cons. Personally, I would recommend White County if you plan on down-sizing to a smaller community and a simpler lifestyle. The school system, however, could use some work. Teachers are their only for the good pay and holiday, I fear. Only a few select teachers really care anymore, which is a pity, but the ones that do, truly make a difference. Our school lunches could use work, but they do try, just like every other lunch lady in this beautiful country, and the principal is friendly and spontaneous. So, please, come if you would like. Thank you.

Last modified White County High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.