College Park, GA

Posted October 24, 2014
This is the BEST elementary school in south Fulton County. What makes it great is the principal and his staff! I have never seen such a caring and organized school in my life. Mr. Flounnory has (caring) rules and abides by them. My son loves this school and he has attended Stonewall Tell since Kindergarten. I don't know what I am going to do when he has to leave in one more year. THE BEST SCHOOL EVER!

Posted August 13, 2014
Love the administrative staff at Stonewall Tell. My boys are in 2nd and 1st grade and from the first day of Mrs. Chester's I knew the teachers had a high expectation of their students and the parents. An 18 page homework packet seemed a little extreme but watching my 5 year old who only knew how to spell and use basic words start talking about how amazing and spectacular his day at school was I began to push myself harder. He's now on a 5th grade reading level at the age of 7, my 1st grader is a money counting machine and is on a 2nd grade reading level. NDoors are locked at the school and you have to get buzzed in , then take a picture and have your visitor badge printed so the front office staff is aware of who's visiting the school. The parents are very involved here also. At least half the students in a class will have parents visiting on days when projects are presented and the open door policy is great. Last year the first grade team had an author alley day and we sat in a circle snapping fingers as students read a chapter from the books they had created in class. Technology and videos/songs are moderately used. SWTE has me wanting to elem. all over again.

Posted May 10, 2014
Outstanding school. We have been there for six years now and I have no complaints. The Principal and his Administrative staff are caring, attentive and properly tough. I have seen them work with children on the autism spectrum in ways that astounds me since that is not their real job. They know the children and deal with behavioral problems appropriately. They stress education and the process. They remind the children that they are responsible for what they get out of the education process. I would highly recommend this school.

Stonewall Tell Elementary School 3

Posted March 25, 2014
My children have been students here for two years. I have concerns. Administrators are not warm and welcoming to parents, often avoiding eye contact and ignoring kind greetings. Teachers wear a stern, unapproachable expression, avoiding parent engagement as well. For the second year in a row, my children do not come home with graded work (often only 1 packet at the end of each term) and I have no idea how they are doing until the report cards come home. There is zero communication from the teachers via email, notes home, graded work, etc. I have worked and volunteered in their classrooms consistently, usually about once per week. Despite this frequency, teachers have failed to communicate with me. I learned on my daughter's most recent report card that she is not turning in homework (though we complete homework every evening), has missed a test (she has perfect attendance), and had a grade drop from an A to a C (How?). I had no prior knowledge of any of this and was never given the opportunity to help her improve. Sadly this has been the norm for two years. My only evidence that my children are learning well has been their superior performance on the CRCTs.

Posted January 24, 2014
I am taking some time off from teaching from STES to be a stay-at-home-mom, but I know the community in the school is warm and friendly. The principal expects the most from us and is supportive of our endeavors. I genuinely enjoyed my experience teaching there and when I tour other schools now for my daughter, I MISS this school. The students are expected to behave, have good manners, and do the best they can do!

Stonewall Tell Elementary School 3

Posted May 17, 2013
I agree with the parent who posted on Feb 15, 2011. My child has attended this school for 3 years and though he gets decent grades, I have had problems with 2 out of his 3 teachers. I feel that the school is overrated as well. If you are a parent who is truly looking at the performance of a school, please look at the Georgia Department of education website. It shows the school reports which indicate the score percentages of students who don't meet, meet or exeeds the CRCT and other test scores. You can also see the best and worst CCRPI school scores for 2012 on the AJC website. Stonewall tell PTA does put on alot of activities for the kids which I like but based on the school scores and rank for the entire state, Stonewall Tell is just slighly above average. One other place to check school data is the Georgia Policy Foundation website which for 2010 ranked Stonewall tell at 797 out of 1219 schools in GA for 3rd grade CRCT scores and 502 for 5th grade CRCT scores. Please do your research and don't rely solely on website reviews. I am very involved with tutoring my child at home and though the school is at least average, the success of my child is a team effort.

Posted May 15, 2013
I am a Parent of a Kindergarterner at STES and I absolutely LOVE this school! My son's teacher is an absolute gem, the administration is wonderful, the communication is top notch, and the additional programs at the school for family involvement is outstanding. I enjoy seeing the updates of the accomplishments that students in the other grades are meeting with CRCT scores, Digital Projects, as well as other accomplishments that are taking place in the community. The administration supports parental involvement not just within the school, but for the entire South Fulton educational corridor - which shows that parents can and do make a difference.

Posted March 24, 2013
I love this school.Everything about this school is amazing.The teachers,custodians,cafeteria workers,and the rest of the staff make you feel like family. During my time at stone wall tell there was never any fights.The principal is very involved with the school,and you can see him in the hallways any day. This school has top notch teachers.This school has the best field days ever. I highly recommend this school to everyone. I wish this school was (K-12) because its so amazing

Posted December 20, 2011
This is a great elementary school! I'm a freshman in highschool now and I loved that school so much! The teachers were great and it was just an overall good experience there.

Posted August 09, 2011
Stonewall Tell has been a very challenging yet wonderful experience for me and my children. My kids have attended 2 years (going on 3) there and they have had great teachers. I have met wonderful parents who are very involved with the school and who share similar academic views when it comes to their child's education. The teachers and afterschool personal have done a nice job helping to teach and shape my children academically and socially. They have different excellerated programs to push your child academically as well as extra-curricular activities such as dance and sports. Be perpared to work hard and work long completing all the homework and special projects assignments.

Stonewall Tell Elementary School
3310 Stonewall Tell Rd, College Park, GA  30349
Last modified Stonewall Tell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stonewall Tell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top