Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

I believe that in order to be a great leader you also have to be a great listener. Mr. Hammonds and Dr. Mills exemplify what it means to lead and also make yourself available for not only the parents but also the children. They both are very hands on, very open and approachable, and always willing to listen and help to resolve any issues they can.

Develops character: Strongly agree

STE has an awesome NO BULLYING policy. Bullying is not tolerated on any level. Stonewall Tell Elementary teachers and staff not only teach our students what it means to have integrity, compassion, and respect but they also show them what it looks like to carry yourself as such.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My child has had excellent teachers at STE. They have all been very involved with their class, they make time to accommodate the parents for parent teacher conferences, and they are genuinely concerned about all of their students.

Amount of homework: Agree

STE sends a weekly homework schedule home with my student every day in the homework folder. It is our job as parents to make sure that your child gets it done and understands what they are doing. I absolutely love homework time! It gives my child and I an opportunity to work together and also allows me to see her cognitive progress.

This school has a great environment with a Principal who is very involved! He is always approachable and ready to push the school toward the future

The school is entirely too large and children can get lost in the shuffle. My daughter completed kindergarten here. We've decided to put her in a private school due to the large class sizes.

This school is going downhill fast. The Principal left the school earlier this year and the current administration is not governing the Teachers at all. They are making up rules, retaliating against the children for informing their parents of what is going on and just doing whatever they please. It is a true shame, this was an excellent school for many years.

This school has done caring teachers that will call you if your child is having problems. They really try to help the children excel at this school. I came from Mississippi and was glad that my children found a positive environment.

This is the BEST elementary school in south Fulton County. What makes it great is the principal and his staff! I have never seen such a caring and organized school in my life. Mr. Flounnory has (caring) rules and abides by them. My son loves this school and he has attended Stonewall Tell since Kindergarten. I don't know what I am going to do when he has to leave in one more year. THE BEST SCHOOL EVER!

Love the administrative staff at Stonewall Tell. My boys are in 2nd and 1st grade and from the first day of Mrs. Chester's I knew the teachers had a high expectation of their students and the parents. An 18 page homework packet seemed a little extreme but watching my 5 year old who only knew how to spell and use basic words start talking about how amazing and spectacular his day at school was I began to push myself harder. He's now on a 5th grade reading level at the age of 7, my 1st grader is a money counting machine and is on a 2nd grade reading level. NDoors are locked at the school and you have to get buzzed in , then take a picture and have your visitor badge printed so the front office staff is aware of who's visiting the school. The parents are very involved here also. At least half the students in a class will have parents visiting on days when projects are presented and the open door policy is great. Last year the first grade team had an author alley day and we sat in a circle snapping fingers as students read a chapter from the books they had created in class. Technology and videos/songs are moderately used. SWTE has me wanting to elem. all over again.

Last modified Stonewall Tell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.