Bad
Good

Registering my children here definitely doesn't sit well with me. The staff here are dry and rude, they act as if someone owes them something Especially the older man in the office.

I've been with ML King for two years. My overall score for this school is a 2. I have invested months in the classroom and volunteered for school activities b/c I wanted to know what goes on at this school and in my son's classroom. Sadly to say, majority of the students were on some kind of prescribed medication or they were dealing with a mental condition. I felt so sorry for the teacher and the remaining students. The teacher would have to stop every few min to say stop this or stop that. I have heard faculty and administration gossiping in front of the children. Where is the respect and the exemplified sophistification for the children? The teachers will call you for the most tidious things your child does. Come on THEY ARE CHILDREN!! We teach our child to raise his hand if another student is bothering him. Well, it turns out the teacher will ignore him and when things escalate our son is the one sent to the principal's office for defending him/herself. As far as PTA, what about a PTA internet site or weekend meetings. Maybe the PTA President could be consistent in sending out a PTA newsletter. Do your research before bringing your child to ML KING. Sincerely, moved forward:)

I am a student. This school is alright and has many fun events. There is too much playing though. They should prohibit dating and things like that. The teachers are gedo, and the teachers are lazy. The teachers won't do anything, and will not even try to help. They say the kids are being bad, but the teachers are really the ones being bad! Kids will had a bad influence, so I suggest this quick advice. DO NOT COME TO THIS SCHOOL. I will give 1 star for having fun events, then another for having SOME good teachers.

Summed up simply: TERRIBLE! I can't get anything sent home. No class work, hardly ever homework and can't even get a copy of the tests that he takes because they are all online. I have contacted the teachers, the principal and the school board, still nothing. It is sad that this school isn't able to equip the students with what they need to learn the concepts. It is even more frustrating that parents can't get a copy of tests or class work to help the children at home.

This school is not worth the time of day. My child has been attending for 3 years now and it seems to get worse ever year. His teachers do stupid things like stand a child outside in the cold if they misbehave and my son's teacher even kept him from using the restroom. Im not sure if the principal is even up to par because this is the 2nd time they have changed principals and i have seen no change as of yet. If i could afford to move that would be great but unfortunately im am stuck here and my son's attitude towards school has been affected because of it. Iwould not advise my worse enemy to attend this school...

Overall this is a good school. I think as with any school if they had more parental involvement the school would improve tremendously.

The quality of this school is poor at best but typical of Clayton county. My kids are doing well but are unchallenged and the curriculum is weak at best. The teachers are lazy and give them grades for subjects not even taught. My daughter says they don't do health but the online gradebook shows health scores of 100% and 95% but she assures me the teacher doesn't like doing health so makes up the scores. I just wish I could move to a better school district but can't afford it right now as we own our home and housing prices have tanked so there's no way to sell. I'm looking into some charter schools for next year.

This is the first year my daughter has attended school there and I must say she receives very good care. I personally am not part of the PTA but I stay in constant contact with her teacher as well as with the administration. If I have had a problem with anyone or anything it was addressed and corrected promptly. As of today I feel good about my child being there. But I do say I pray over her life and education everyday. That makes a difference.

I am disappointed in reading these comments from parents. I am a parent and i understand SOME of your concerns. HOWEVER, many parents talk about what the school is doing wrong- but my question is to you- have you joined the PTA? There is a lack of parental involvement at King Elementary and it takes more than just teachers and administrators to make changes. If you have concerns, the PTA is the best way to make your voice heard. If you want to see some things implimented in the school, joining the PTA and being involved is the best way to do this. The teachers need us to volunteer more in the classroom and help with functions.

My son has attended King Elementary for the past 3 years and this has to be one of the worst schools I've seen, or so I thought. I checked the surrounding schools for Clayton County and King is by far the best. Which doesn't state much. The teachers are negligent, unconcerned, and belligerent. I almost had an altercation with one teacher because of her rudeness. The best advice I have to offer is move away from Clayton County.

Last modified Martin Luther King- Jr. Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.