Posted June 14, 2014
I have been involved in this school since day one and cannot be happier with its academic progress. The staff is energetic, very creative and their passion for teaching shows every day. This year, TMSA's CRCT scores exceeded all of the neighboring public schools. There is not another school around where a child can be 100% supported by the staff, parents and the community.

Posted May 20, 2014
Let me start out saying TMSA is a good school but has great potential to be the Best Charter School in South Fulton. They have awesome PTO and amazing community support.I have two daughters that been there since the doors open in 2010. One in 8th grade which exceeded all areas in CRCT "2014 and was selected salutatorin and a fourth grader who also exceeded in all areas in CRCT except for Social Studies who's currently in "TAG". Like every school there'll be some teachers who is not fully committed however I think the good outweighs the bad and the ones who don't do their job they are replaced. One of my main issues the last couple of years was the high turnovers with educators kids need stability.Funding by far is the biggest challenge. They need a building to accommodatemiddle school they are currently in trailers. Overall I rate the upper academy a7 and the lower academy 10. As a parent we use reviews to help with the decision making of selecting the right school for your child they're are a lot of parents who are not involvedand they like to blame the teacherfor everything please keep in mind the reviews are opinionated.

Posted February 22, 2013
My Child has attended Main Street for three years now, and we couldn't be happier. The staff is amazing and the fellow parents seem to actually care about their childrens education - which is something you don't find in many public schools.

Posted February 21, 2013
My daughter started TMSA in the Fall, and my expectations have been greatly exceeded! Our K teacher is fantastic she is energetic and enthusiastic, and works hard to really teach to the different strengths among the students in her classroom. We are just over half-way through the year, and I am amazed at what my daughter has already learned both in the core curriculum (reading, writing, math), and in the specials (art, music, spanish). There are certainly resource challenges, but I would encourage any parent to strongly consider TMSA as a great elementary option. Both Academy Directors are great I interface with the Lower Academy Director most often and she is friendly, responsive, direct and fair. Having interfaced with the Principal on several occasions, I appreciate his style of leadership and approach to school management. Overall, we are very happy with TMSA and look forward to 1st grade!

Posted February 21, 2013
My son has attended Kindergarten and is currently in First Grade at TMSA. My son has had two excellent teachers and his academic progression has exceeded my expectations. (I almost feel like he has had TOO much homework this year!) It is a very positive atmosphere and the kids are well behaved (because the majority of the parents care about education.) We have even seen benefits to the tri-cities community as a whole which has arisen out of the collective sense of purpose to build a strong educational environment for our kids. We certainly need a new facility for both academies, but that is difficult for any startup school and our Board is working diligently to make it happen. Our school has improved every year by addressing its needs and I expect it will continue grow and become a model charter school for the state. I would recommend TMSA to anyone.

Posted December 04, 2012
We have had a great experience with TMSA. My daughter began Kindergarten this fall and is absolutely thrilled to go to school each and every morning. She has caring and creative teachers who keep us informed of her progress and struggles on a daily basis. Already, they have instilled a passion for learning and her reading, writing and math skills have improved tremendously. The kindergarten team is truly a dream! We have daily homework assignments, extra challenge homework and online resources that they have provided. This rigorous, academic program is balanced by an amazing art and music program as well as PE. As vested members of this community, we are so thankful to have such a wonderful public school option. We are happy to volunteer in building a better school for our community and are pleased that parental involvement is a requirement. We are also very pleased with the after care program, offering homework assistance and play as well as the many wonderful in-house after school options such as karate, dance, art and gardening classes and daisies.

The Main Street Academy 2

Posted November 01, 2012
I have a daughter that attends the Upper Academy here. I was told by a friend that this school was a really good school. So far from what I've seen I'm not impressed!! The staff is very RUDE!! Once I was waiting in one of the rooms to meet with a teacher, a student came in complaining about an injurer to the front desk clerk. Little that the clerk knew I heard her in a harsh tone tell the student, "GO TO THE CLINIC. He was about to enter the room I was in until she jerked him and said, "You know where the clinic is! Then she said "And you better not tell anybody. This new principal is very rude when it comes down to speaking with him. He acts as if he has no time for you. To make a long story short, this is not what I was expecting!!! Teachers please get your attitudes together. The kids shouldn't be bully by adults the way they are bullied by other kids. Who can I kids turn to if the adults shows no concern. Kids do as they see and speak of what they hear. It's time to be Role Models!!

Posted October 29, 2012
My daughter entered as a kindergartner this year at TMSA and has had an amazing experience. She comes home every day excited about what she has learned and is always eager to go to school the next morning. Amazingly, she is eager to do homework, due in no small part to the creative assignments that the kindergarten team uses. The curriculum is rich and rigorous, and the teachers are engaging and exciting. The school does have resource challenges, but this is largely made up for by parental volunteering--and this is something you are expected to do as a TMSA parent. But that also helps build community. If you are willing to roll up your sleeves and take part in your child's education, this is a great school.

Posted October 29, 2012
My Daughter started Kindergarten at TMSA this year and we are so blessed to have this wonderful school in our neighborhood. When we first moved to College Park we were very concerned that we would not have a public school to send her to. After some short research we found TMSA and it is the most amazing school. We are very pleased with her teachers Mrs. Santos and Mrs. Stewart. It is only October and we can see a huge difference in her Reading and Math Skills. Plus she takes Spanish 3 times a week as well as art and PE. We are in love with TMSA!!!!!!!!!

Posted July 22, 2012
My son started Kindergarten at The Main Street Academy and will be entering the 2nd grade in the Fall. Our daugher will be joining him in the Fall, she will be entering Kindergarten. We have been very pleased with TMSA. It is truly a family environment where there are plenty of opportunities for parents to get involved. We are happy that TMSA is in our community!

The Main Street Academy
3480 E. Main Street, College Park, GA  30337
Last modified The Main Street Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Main Street Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top