Public charter
College Park, GA

Posted June 05, 2015
Our first grader had a great year at TMSA this year and is well-positioned to build on that in the year ahead. He is reading at a 4th grade level, and I attribute a lot of that to the school's emphasis on "robust vocabulary," journaling and reading in general. The music, art, Spanish and PE programs at the Lower Academy are all very special... our son talks about them a lot when the day is done. We are very satisfied with TMSA.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 01, 2015
I see a lot of love, caring and expertise in the teaching staff here... very impressed.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 01, 2015
There is a lot of homework, but it feels like an appropriate amount to me.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 01, 2015
There is a lot of monitoring during the school year to make sure students are on track, so these values are built into that feedback loop. The students are constantly encourage to improve.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 01, 2015
All students are required to wear the school uniform, which shows respect for the school and its rules. Visit any class and you will see a sea of red shirts and well-attired students.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 01, 2015
The school holds several fundraisers a year for causes not directly related to the school, like breast cancer and funds to feed needy children in the area. Students pay $1 towards the goal and these are always very successful - a clear display of empathy.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 01, 2015
I see these values in play all the time when I visit our son's classroom.

Posted January 20, 2015
We are very pleased with our daughter's first year at TMSA as a Kindergartener. She is excelling in all areas and really enjoys coming to school. She takes extra time to make cards for her teacher because she loves her so much. Common Core requires a lot of homework but I feel that it's preparing her very well for the coming years.

Posted June 14, 2014
I have been involved in this school since day one and cannot be happier with its academic progress. The staff is energetic, very creative and their passion for teaching shows every day. This year, TMSA's CRCT scores exceeded all of the neighboring public schools. There is not another school around where a child can be 100% supported by the staff, parents and the community.

The Main Street Academy 4

Posted May 20, 2014
Let me start out saying TMSA is a good school but has great potential to be the Best Charter School in South Fulton. They have awesome PTO and amazing community support.I have two daughters that been there since the doors open in 2010. One in 8th grade which exceeded all areas in CRCT "2014 and was selected salutatorin and a fourth grader who also exceeded in all areas in CRCT except for Social Studies who's currently in "TAG". Like every school there'll be some teachers who is not fully committed however I think the good outweighs the bad and the ones who don't do their job they are replaced. One of my main issues the last couple of years was the high turnovers with educators kids need stability.Funding by far is the biggest challenge. They need a building to accommodatemiddle school they are currently in trailers. Overall I rate the upper academy a7 and the lower academy 10. As a parent we use reviews to help with the decision making of selecting the right school for your child they're are a lot of parents who are not involvedand they like to blame the teacherfor everything please keep in mind the reviews are opinionated.

3480 E. Main Street, College Park, GA  30337
Last modified The Main Street Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-3
The Main Street Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top