College Park, GA

Posted November 18, 2014
Not all the teachers but a few are very unprofessional in how they conduct there selfs in front of the students. A teacher has the ability to break a student or build them up As black African American teachers they must rise to the calling which They have been assigned to its a gift from God Lets not forget that you are helping our future generation

Posted August 02, 2014
I read the previous comments from another parent about behavior and as painful as it is to say about the student behavior, I must agree however I did volunteer and my childs 3rd grade teacher worked hard. My child did exceptionally well academically upon transferring to Cliftondale even though the behavior of the majority of children was out of control. The cursing and fighting of the children is ridiculous. The poor conflict resolution skills of leadership is disappointing and I suggest more help in the classroom and learn skills so that the student with disciplinary problems are handled quickly and properly. We changed to a private school.

Posted July 19, 2014
I have 3 kids that attend this school & they all love it. I have been up to the school many times & everyone is so engaging, warm & friendly. The principal is awesome as well as the rest of the staff. The school is clean & filled with updated technology. No school is perfect but this one sure does come close.

Posted June 23, 2014
I was disappointed with what I experienced as a parent from this school. My child did well - all A's, above avg CRCT scoring, excellent conduct and made a few new friends. She came home in tears some days frustrated from the conduct she endured in her classroom from other students...fighting, cursing, constant chatter from others while the teacher is talking, continuous disruption from the flow of teaching, This was "handled" with sentence writing, silent lunches, no recess, skipped enrichments and she was disciplined along with the others causing the problems. They discipline as a whole, military style...in the 3rd grade! As instructed I requested that she move into another classroom where there were less behavioral issues but the principal never responded to me and nothing was done. She made it through one year at this school, we won't be back. This school could improve on their student/teacher ratio to help in classroom management. Although I offered to volunteer (completed all paperwork and online requirements) I was never called in to help out.

Posted February 06, 2014
Teachers seem to be nonmotivated to take our children to a higher level. It seems as if they are making gross assumptions about the children and the community outside of the realm of education. Leadership is mediocre at best and I have HUGE reservations for Cliftondale Elementary going into a full charter district plan. Fulton county schools should do an internal audit of the school, monitor the implementation of common core standards, classroom management and more. I feel as if I made a enormous mistake sending my child to this particular Fulton county school.

Posted November 07, 2013
I agree 100%- Nov 5th post was never observed by me and I volunteered virtually everyday. Very much above average in academics, great facility, good extracurricular events, in particular the father daughter dance and mother son dance. Also since its opening 2009, the principal has replaced 50% of the surplus staff and hired outstanding replacements. Through the transition, scores have continued to rise. Saved me $10,000 a year in private school tuition.

Cliftondale Elementary School 1

Posted November 05, 2013
I did not like what I observed at this school while my kids were enrolled. Teachers practice much favoritism there. Also, teachers engaging in extramarital affairs with other teachers and their arguing affecting the kids... Horrible.

Posted June 17, 2013
My son attended Kindergarten and 1st grade at Cliftondale. My husband and I were going to put him in private school but after my neighbor encouraged me to tour Cliftondale we were sold. Ms Drake's Kindergarten class was a great transition for my son who had been going to Montesorri school part time. She challenged her students but was also nurturing and fun ! Ms Rachel was the absolute best 1st grade teacher for our child. She has a way of making learning fun but also teaches children that there is work time and there is play time. She implemented a rewards system that highlighted good behavior do the children in the class wee inspired to show positive class conduct. She expects 100% of her students @Everyday all day" as she used to say. My son adored her. We are moving and I am prayerful that we get a school as great as Cliftondske!!!

Posted January 30, 2013
i just picked my daughter up from school and the school held them back until most of the rain stopped to make sure they weren't wet

Posted December 01, 2012
I have been a Cliftondale mustang parent for 3 years and here is what I have observed: The students are well-mannered, with all the same energies and challenges of any child in any side of town. The fathers and men of the community are very active and there to welcome the students with a smile and words of encouragement EVERY morning. The teachers are top notch. They care, they teach, and they inspire the children. The front desk staff is much better now about creating a pleasant and welcoming atmosphere for the school. The school nurse is great. This school is not ghetto but parents at the school must work harder to reconnect with the concept of building community. Cliftondale parents need to go beyond being a group of kind strangers to actually working together to create a school community that celebrates children of different religions, languages, skin colors, hair textures, body sizes and cultures. This is a strategy for any school to promote respect and prevent bullying. Ciftondale school and neighborhood community is a beautiful diamond in the rough. We can make it shine.

Cliftondale Elementary School
3340 W Stubbs Rd, College Park, GA  30349
Last modified Cliftondale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cliftondale Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top