Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The parents at Cliftondale are active and present in the schools. I think the achool will benefit from a new principal if they can bring fresh new ideals and a more diverse curriculum.

Its not hard to tell why there is a high staff and teacher turnover. What a joke for a place to work.

Not all the teachers but a few are very unprofessional in how they conduct there selfs in front of the students. A teacher has the ability to break a student or build them up As black African American teachers they must rise to the calling which They have been assigned to its a gift from God Lets not forget that you are helping our future generation

I read the previous comments from another parent about behavior and as painful as it is to say about the student behavior, I must agree however I did volunteer and my childs 3rd grade teacher worked hard. My child did exceptionally well academically upon transferring to Cliftondale even though the behavior of the majority of children was out of control. The cursing and fighting of the children is ridiculous. The poor conflict resolution skills of leadership is disappointing and I suggest more help in the classroom and learn skills so that the student with disciplinary problems are handled quickly and properly. We changed to a private school.

I have 3 kids that attend this school & they all love it. I have been up to the school many times & everyone is so engaging, warm & friendly. The principal is awesome as well as the rest of the staff. The school is clean & filled with updated technology. No school is perfect but this one sure does come close.

I was disappointed with what I experienced as a parent from this school. My child did well - all A's, above avg CRCT scoring, excellent conduct and made a few new friends. She came home in tears some days frustrated from the conduct she endured in her classroom from other students...fighting, cursing, constant chatter from others while the teacher is talking, continuous disruption from the flow of teaching, This was "handled" with sentence writing, silent lunches, no recess, skipped enrichments and she was disciplined along with the others causing the problems. They discipline as a whole, military style...in the 3rd grade! As instructed I requested that she move into another classroom where there were less behavioral issues but the principal never responded to me and nothing was done. She made it through one year at this school, we won't be back. This school could improve on their student/teacher ratio to help in classroom management. Although I offered to volunteer (completed all paperwork and online requirements) I was never called in to help out.

Teachers seem to be nonmotivated to take our children to a higher level. It seems as if they are making gross assumptions about the children and the community outside of the realm of education. Leadership is mediocre at best and I have HUGE reservations for Cliftondale Elementary going into a full charter district plan. Fulton county schools should do an internal audit of the school, monitor the implementation of common core standards, classroom management and more. I feel as if I made a enormous mistake sending my child to this particular Fulton county school.

I agree 100%- Nov 5th post was never observed by me and I volunteered virtually everyday. Very much above average in academics, great facility, good extracurricular events, in particular the father daughter dance and mother son dance. Also since its opening 2009, the principal has replaced 50% of the surplus staff and hired outstanding replacements. Through the transition, scores have continued to rise. Saved me $10,000 a year in private school tuition.

I did not like what I observed at this school while my kids were enrolled. Teachers practice much favoritism there. Also, teachers engaging in extramarital affairs with other teachers and their arguing affecting the kids... Horrible.

My son attended Kindergarten and 1st grade at Cliftondale. My husband and I were going to put him in private school but after my neighbor encouraged me to tour Cliftondale we were sold. Ms Drake's Kindergarten class was a great transition for my son who had been going to Montesorri school part time. She challenged her students but was also nurturing and fun ! Ms Rachel was the absolute best 1st grade teacher for our child. She has a way of making learning fun but also teaches children that there is work time and there is play time. She implemented a rewards system that highlighted good behavior do the children in the class wee inspired to show positive class conduct. She expects 100% of her students @Everyday all day" as she used to say. My son adored her. We are moving and I am prayerful that we get a school as great as Cliftondske!!!

Last modified Cliftondale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.