Banneker High School

Public | 9-12 | 1239 students

Posted December 12, 2013

I attended banneker high for one year , I was already nervous about going to a new school or what ever but I mean it's not that bad of a school it has wonderful , caring teachers and it's a good learning environment it's just the kids there that really make it a school you wouldn't want your kids to attend . The kids are wild and act as if they don't care , it shouldn't be like that but like I said before the teachers are amazing and it's a good learning place . The kids just need to get right then it will be a perfect school !

Posted October 6, 2013

This is my daughters first year, I haven't meet not 1 teacher and the principal is new. I'm not sure how to rate them.

Posted March 2, 2013

i am currently an IB student and will be attending bannker. I personally believe hat i will brezze through my class becausenothing is really being taught when asked by alot of students that attends that school now. I have an opion that a school should be ran in oreder and allow he students to get and education instead of rubbing our students now of their education when later on in the furture they will regret it. The kids that ar at Bannker now are our furture and without education sadly to say we not have furture...

Posted October 15, 2012

My daughter is a junior here and I wrote a review a while back and have changed my view completely. Banneker has a new building but still the same old stuff they are just not organized in what they do and this starts from administration on down. They are so focused on the athletic departments mainly football it seems important parts are being neglected. i have seriously thought of transferring my daughter to a better school but she is a junior now and would like to continue to 12 grade with friends and teachers. Banneker has some very good teachers and that's what's really convincing me to let my daughter stay for another year. They really have a long way to go and I'm not sure what can be implemented to get them on the right track. I hope and pray things will get better for Banneker but I'm not sure if it really will they don't sem to be serious enough to change for real and stand their ground as far as grades,academics,students,tolerance,sports are concerned I feel they have their priorities in the wrong place. Im just ready for my child to graduate in 2014. I wish them the best

Posted October 5, 2012

When we first arrived at the school it seemed like a good school, after a week we realized that it is a zoo!!!!! A non educational day care with admin. Staff from top Mr. Bradley the principal which is psychotic down to his lazy teachers. The children run this school, there is no educational values and nothing being taught. There is maybe three teachers in that whole school Mr. Swarn, Ms. McGee and a few more that still care. But the rest of them like my daughter English teacher had a nervous break down so there is a sub teaching the class, what's been the subject Greek mythology and cyclops seriously they read one page a day! And watch movies! I have called went to the school emailed and everything multiple times and they push me off and do not return my phone calls. 2 week my daughter was there her shoes was stolen, the boys there harass her on a constant bases and teacher do Nothing! If at all possible do not send your child there! Beware of this school ! And for the athletic depart needs a audit on their books these booster clubs or someone is stealing money big time. I am on my way to supertendant office then heck maybe the mayor! School is horrible we are transferring !

Posted June 11, 2008

My daughter is attending banneker high for summer school. I am very impressed with the teachers and the overall program. She is more focused than she has ever been; and she tells me the teacher really cares about the students. Thank you guys!

Posted April 16, 2008

i dont like bannekar they need a new principal and probably some teachers replaced also one of the officer need to be retrained.

Posted October 10, 2007

Our school is a great center for students to learn. We have come a long way to make this school what it is said to be 'a great school'.

Posted July 27, 2007

Too many initiatives ti be successful, Granted, there 'is' NCLB but this 'race' will get the school nowhere fast. Also, cut the frills and go after heavy doses of core common knowledge. If it's sink or swim, Banneker better grab its deck chairs from the Titantic. It's never too late, but it certainly is looking dismal.

Posted July 15, 2007

I think Banneker is a great school. Yes it does have a few things to work out but overall it is getting much better and test scores are up.

Posted March 9, 2007

Banneker High School is a decent school. The teachers are hardworking and willing to what it takes to help the students. The principle has a lot of great ideas to improve student acheivement but is trying to many of them at one time. There is very little disciple in the school. There is very little parent involvement the adminstrators and the teachers do all the can to get the parents involved. Overall Banneker is decent school I would give it a C+ to a B-. If we can get the students focused on school Banneker could be a 'A' school but until then the school will stay a C+ school.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 26, 2006

My son has attended Banneker since 9th grade he is now a senior. I have watched a big change in this school.The principal,teachers and coaches has set good standers for our childern.Bannerker has a good academic program. We are able to see some of our kids taking college courses and they are still in high school. Moore kids are striving for higher education beyond high school.Bannerker has music,art,sports and other extracurricular activities. I would like to see more kids involved in the ban and in appropriate school club. Parent involvement is poor. They do not support their child the way he or she should be supported.They don't want be to be involved in anything.Wake up parents these are our children not the principal,teacher and coaches.The principal needs your support to help make the school a success. My son said mom having support means a lot. I am lucky. Wake up parents.

Posted December 15, 2004

I am not a parent in fact I am only a sophmore and I believe that Banneker is a great school.The teachers are helpful and always willing to do stuff different to accomodate the students.The extracurricular activities provide us with a well rounded structure because we get enough of buisness and fun.

Posted October 27, 2004

This school over all is a great school. The new principal is just trying to do to much. The teachers are nice and care about their students well being and education.

Posted August 24, 2004

I feel that Benjamin Banneker is a wonderful high school as far as socially, academically, and environmentally, they just need more funding. A lot more funding...
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 5, 2004

I have been attending Banneker for two years and I enjoy Banneker. Everyone is like one big family and everybody gets along. People might put Banneker down because of the way Banneker used to be but that was then, it's a whole new school now. The teachers are incredible and the staff is their for you at anytime of the day for your help. The teachers there really care about how we feel and what we want to learn and how we want to learn it. I am currently in the 10th grade and have enjoyed every year. Anybody would love to come here. We are all like one big family.

Posted July 23, 2004

I have been attending Banneker High school since my ninth grade year, and have since always had an enjoying experience. The staff and students at Banneker are like one large family in the class room and on the football field.

Posted February 24, 2004

I am not a parent of Benjamin Banneker High School but a currently enrolled senior student, my overall experience at Banneker has been great most of my teachers are very helpful, which makes my experience at Banneker great!

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

204 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2011.

200 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 93% in 2011.

204 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 80% in 2011.

206 students were tested at this school in 2011.

2009

Scale: % at or above passing

In 2010-2011 Georgia administered the Georgia High School Graduation Test (GHSGT) in English language arts, math, science and social studies to students in grade 11. The GHSGT is a standards-based assessment, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined by the state of Georgia. Students must pass all parts of the GHSGT in order to graduate from high school. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 95% in 2013.

216 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Georgia administered the Georgia High School Writing Test (GHSWT) to students in grade 11. The GHSWT is a standards-based assessment, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined by the state of Georgia. Students must pass the GHSWT in order to graduate from high school. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

9th Grade Literature

The state average for 9th Grade Literature was 86% in 2013.

394 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 30% in 2013.

13 students were tested at this school in 2013.

American Literature

The state average for American Literature was 91% in 2013.

285 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 75% in 2013.

426 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Coordinate Algebra

The state average for Coordinate Algebra was 37% in 2013.

346 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Economics

The state average for Economics was 79% in 2013.

105 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 75% in 2013.

355 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 29% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 59% in 2013.

Physical Science

The state average for Physical Science was 83% in 2013.

312 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

286 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

• William W. Bradley
Fax number
  • (770) 969-3418

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5935 Feldwood Rd