Bad
Good

I attended banneker high for one year , I was already nervous about going to a new school or what ever but I mean it's not that bad of a school it has wonderful , caring teachers and it's a good learning environment it's just the kids there that really make it a school you wouldn't want your kids to attend . The kids are wild and act as if they don't care , it shouldn't be like that but like I said before the teachers are amazing and it's a good learning place . The kids just need to get right then it will be a perfect school !

This is my daughters first year, I haven't meet not 1 teacher and the principal is new. I'm not sure how to rate them.

i am currently an IB student and will be attending bannker. I personally believe hat i will brezze through my class becausenothing is really being taught when asked by alot of students that attends that school now. I have an opion that a school should be ran in oreder and allow he students to get and education instead of rubbing our students now of their education when later on in the furture they will regret it. The kids that ar at Bannker now are our furture and without education sadly to say we not have furture...

My daughter is a junior here and I wrote a review a while back and have changed my view completely. Banneker has a new building but still the same old stuff they are just not organized in what they do and this starts from administration on down. They are so focused on the athletic departments mainly football it seems important parts are being neglected. i have seriously thought of transferring my daughter to a better school but she is a junior now and would like to continue to 12 grade with friends and teachers. Banneker has some very good teachers and that's what's really convincing me to let my daughter stay for another year. They really have a long way to go and I'm not sure what can be implemented to get them on the right track. I hope and pray things will get better for Banneker but I'm not sure if it really will they don't sem to be serious enough to change for real and stand their ground as far as grades,academics,students,tolerance,sports are concerned I feel they have their priorities in the wrong place. Im just ready for my child to graduate in 2014. I wish them the best

When we first arrived at the school it seemed like a good school, after a week we realized that it is a zoo!!!!! A non educational day care with admin. Staff from top Mr. Bradley the principal which is psychotic down to his lazy teachers. The children run this school, there is no educational values and nothing being taught. There is maybe three teachers in that whole school Mr. Swarn, Ms. McGee and a few more that still care. But the rest of them like my daughter English teacher had a nervous break down so there is a sub teaching the class, what's been the subject Greek mythology and cyclops seriously they read one page a day! And watch movies! I have called went to the school emailed and everything multiple times and they push me off and do not return my phone calls. 2 week my daughter was there her shoes was stolen, the boys there harass her on a constant bases and teacher do Nothing! If at all possible do not send your child there! Beware of this school ! And for the athletic depart needs a audit on their books these booster clubs or someone is stealing money big time. I am on my way to supertendant office then heck maybe the mayor! School is horrible we are transferring !

My daughter is attending banneker high for summer school. I am very impressed with the teachers and the overall program. She is more focused than she has ever been; and she tells me the teacher really cares about the students. Thank you guys!

i dont like bannekar they need a new principal and probably some teachers replaced also one of the officer need to be retrained.

Our school is a great center for students to learn. We have come a long way to make this school what it is said to be 'a great school'.

Too many initiatives ti be successful, Granted, there 'is' NCLB but this 'race' will get the school nowhere fast. Also, cut the frills and go after heavy doses of core common knowledge. If it's sink or swim, Banneker better grab its deck chairs from the Titantic. It's never too late, but it certainly is looking dismal.

I think Banneker is a great school. Yes it does have a few things to work out but overall it is getting much better and test scores are up.

Last modified Banneker High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.