Bad
Good

Posted September 05, 2014
My child attended S.L. Lewis for kindergarten last year and I was very nervous and skeptical about her going to this school after reading all of the bad reviews. But our experience was nothing like the reviews. This school was awesome to my daughter, the teachers and staff knows every student by first and last name. They make every kid feel welcomed and loved. My daughter was on the honor roll the entire school year. The teacher (Ms. Everett) that my daughter had made sure that she communicated with me and the other parents regarding our children educator and behavioral status. She made sure to keep us updated on our little ones and that made me feel confident and safe that she would take care of my child. I appreciate this school and everything that have done for my child. The only reason we didn't attend this year is bc we had to move to a different city in a different school zone. If it wasn't for that we would have attended and continued our education journey at S.L. Lewis. So in conclusion Thank you S.L. Lewis teachers and staff for doing a wonderful job you are appreciated.

S. L. Lewis Elementary School 1

Posted July 24, 2013
This school is horrible. The communication between the teachers to parents and even the prinpal is horrible. Should anything happen during the day with your child or the school, you as a parent will not be notified. The teachers do not care about the childrens education. Its just an overall horrible school.

S. L. Lewis Elementary School 1

Posted February 16, 2012
This is a terrible school. As a parent, I felt as if my child is not getting challenged at all. The conditions of the school were similar to a jail. No windows in interior classrooms, No proper ventaliation, the hallways smelt of urine and feces, and the staff members were frequently absent. My son was in the 4th grade (before we moved) and during the first semester of the 11 - 12 school year, he had a substitue once a week. This is unacceptable. How is a child suppose to learn when his teacher is never there. The principal was frequently absent from school as well. From what I hear from fellow parents and students, there were frequent fights and teachers often yelled at the students. I WOULD NOT reccommend this school to anyone. I am so glad that we moved and my child switched schools.

Posted July 27, 2009
I was not happy with S.L.Lewis. I made it clear that my son was having trouble with his reading at the beginning of the last school year. They placed him in a class to help with taking the CRCT that gave the student more time to take the test. They only did this 3 month before the TEST was given. I was not happy at all. When I attended school back in the 70's Title 1,2,and 3 were offered to students that needed help. What happen- Teacher should lift up students that need help as well as those that don't need help.

S. L. Lewis Elementary School 5

Posted July 21, 2009
I started out just having a daughter that went to this school and then I my son started the next year. My daughter had just transfered from another school and was going through a hard time, her teacher took the time to get her settle and worked through everything with her. My daughter excelled at the school recieving tons of awards thoughout the year especially at the end of the year. Now my son is on the same path as my dauhgter. They have recieved numerous awards for the outstanding achievemnet in this school. I have to say that this has been a great school for my daughter at her other school she wasn't being pushed enough and now the challenge her to use her full capability and I am thankful for her teachers as well as my sons teachers for all they do for them!!! Hats off to S.L. Lewis!!!

Posted May 22, 2009
I like this school! Good rating and good tests scores.

Posted January 14, 2008
My son attendend Suder from pre-k through 3rd grade in Clayton, I am happy with the progress that he is making at S.L. Lewis, because he was not getting it at Suder. One of the most important things is he has a different teacher for each subject unlike Suder, however I do feel that some of the teachers are impatient when they have students that come to them below grade level and do not spend enough time to help that child. Not being focused can mean I just don't understand. My son, Ray has a 29 year old sister that's in grad school, a 22 year old brother that just graduated from college and parents with college degrees, we want to see him do better. Teachers that teach and help students learn, earn their pay, others are just there to get paid. Thanks to the earners. P. Battle.

Posted March 15, 2006
My son attends kindergarten at SL Lewis. The teachers are very friendly and cooperative. We get a reasonable amount of homework for reinforcement, and because my son has special needs, the school also has good resources for speech and occupational therapy, so we do not have to go outside for services. The principal puts a great emphasis on test scores and attendance which is a plus for regular students. The Assistant Principal is more hands on and you see more of her in the hallways.

6201 Connell Rd, College Park, GA  30349
Last modified S. L. Lewis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.