Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My dad used to work there as the pe coach. I never got to go but great sports, a edifices, clubs. The teachers were awesome and always helpful and so were the students.

Amount of homework: Agree

It is not overwhelming and just right. It challenges u but that is good. The students develop good skills from it

Develops character: Strongly agree

They have many clubs and organizations that teach and enforce that. Also the teachers and administrators also do so.

How is Blackmon Road Middle School now, I am not sure, but it was great when my older child attended there a few years back. The teachers are exceptional! My child was enrolled in the St. Elmo gifted program since Kindergarten at Britt David, and when transitioned into middle school, it was very smooth and he continues to excel and now he's at CHS, doing great! Thumbs up all the way for Blackmon and for the great schools and programs we have here in Muscogee County District!

My son has an IEP, FBA, & BIP and the special education teacher has yet to call me. They switch your child's class and rearrange schedules without notifying parents and they suspended my child for an accommodation on his IEP. This school is not only bad it's breaking federal laws. STAY AWAY!!!!

As a parent I am not pleased with this school. The administration seem to have major ego issues. We have had issues with the school counselor, as well. My child has never been more unhappy in his life!!! I am considering sending my children elsewhere next year.

I work in your library and I love my kids.I don't care what we go through sometimes.I will always pray over you !

As a former BRMS student, I am very disappointed about my experience at this school. Drugs and fights were common throughout my time there. Out of my 3 years there, I only had a couple teachers that really were passionate about teaching. Some of my teaches were rude. The work consisted of "busy work" in many classes. Homework overloads were common. Once I was doing work until 2 AM. There were no field trips and no clubs. In 8th grade, I would work really hard writing papers, but I never got any back. I never knew what to improve on, all I got back was a number. The same teacher gave us ridiculous topics, which were bias and practically impossible to write. The cafeteria was disgusting, and there were cockroaches crawling around. They served very small portions as well. Because of this, I always brought my lunch. The lunch times were bizzare. 6th graders ate around 10: 45 and 8th graders around 1:45. Also, bathoom visits were rushed. There weren't any mirrors in any of the bathrooms. They had all been taken down. The teachers encourage you to read, but the library is small and filled with old books. There are no new, and interesting books that teens would like.

It's good school with caring teachers, but sadly the extracurriculars are.... wait, what extracurriculars? This school is lacking in clubs and things for students to d outside of the classroom. Only clubs are NJHS, Velocity, Jr. Marshals, Sports, and a few other organizations. No fun clubs started by students. No field trips. No 8th grade graduation. If you want you're kid to go to a school with lots of options for clubs, go to another county. However, this has been an OK year.

This is one of the best schools around Columbus. I'm proud that both of my boys attend here. Blackmon Road has very good teachers including the music teachers. The Christmas Concert was very good and I did enjoy: The Orchestra, Band, and Chorus was well put together.

Last modified Blackmon Road Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.