Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 09, 2015
Thanks to all the teachers there that had guided my older child and help him excel academically, too many to name! But I know severals are still teaching there, that's why I am trying to get my younger one there as well, wish my luck!

Posted November 09, 2015
How is Blackmon Road Middle School now, I am not sure, but it was great when my older child attended there a few years back. The teachers are exceptional! My child was enrolled in the St. Elmo gifted program since Kindergarten at Britt David, and when transitioned into middle school, it was very smooth and he continues to excel and now he's at CHS, doing great! Thumbs up all the way for Blackmon and for the great schools and programs we have here in Muscogee County District!

Blackmon Road Middle School 1

Posted September 03, 2014
My son has an IEP, FBA, & BIP and the special education teacher has yet to call me. They switch your child's class and rearrange schedules without notifying parents and they suspended my child for an accommodation on his IEP. This school is not only bad it's breaking federal laws. STAY AWAY!!!!

Blackmon Road Middle School 2

Posted April 24, 2014
As a parent I am not pleased with this school. The administration seem to have major ego issues. We have had issues with the school counselor, as well. My child has never been more unhappy in his life!!! I am considering sending my children elsewhere next year.

Posted August 21, 2013
I work in your library and I love my kids.I don't care what we go through sometimes.I will always pray over you !

Blackmon Road Middle School 1

Posted July 28, 2013
As a former BRMS student, I am very disappointed about my experience at this school. Drugs and fights were common throughout my time there. Out of my 3 years there, I only had a couple teachers that really were passionate about teaching. Some of my teaches were rude. The work consisted of "busy work" in many classes. Homework overloads were common. Once I was doing work until 2 AM. There were no field trips and no clubs. In 8th grade, I would work really hard writing papers, but I never got any back. I never knew what to improve on, all I got back was a number. The same teacher gave us ridiculous topics, which were bias and practically impossible to write. The cafeteria was disgusting, and there were cockroaches crawling around. They served very small portions as well. Because of this, I always brought my lunch. The lunch times were bizzare. 6th graders ate around 10: 45 and 8th graders around 1:45. Also, bathoom visits were rushed. There weren't any mirrors in any of the bathrooms. They had all been taken down. The teachers encourage you to read, but the library is small and filled with old books. There are no new, and interesting books that teens would like.

Blackmon Road Middle School 4

Posted May 18, 2011
It's good school with caring teachers, but sadly the extracurriculars are.... wait, what extracurriculars? This school is lacking in clubs and things for students to d outside of the classroom. Only clubs are NJHS, Velocity, Jr. Marshals, Sports, and a few other organizations. No fun clubs started by students. No field trips. No 8th grade graduation. If you want you're kid to go to a school with lots of options for clubs, go to another county. However, this has been an OK year.

Blackmon Road Middle School 4

Posted December 15, 2009
This is one of the best schools around Columbus. I'm proud that both of my boys attend here. Blackmon Road has very good teachers including the music teachers. The Christmas Concert was very good and I did enjoy: The Orchestra, Band, and Chorus was well put together.

Posted October 25, 2009
This is a VERY vivaciuosm, fun, educational, and great school! The teachers and staff (plus students) here are very polite, kind, and just perfect! I moved to this school from another state during the middle of 6th grade and I was REALLY nervous, but then I found out that I was afraid of nothing! This school is very welcoming, heplful, and everything! It's also a lot of fun! We have pep rallys, dances, games, and MUCH MUCH more stuff here! This is THE perfect middle school EVER!

Posted August 27, 2009
great learning environment for students

7251 Blackmon Rd, Columbus, GA  31909
Last modified Blackmon Road Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blackmon Road Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top