Columbus, GA

Fort Middle School 4

Posted July 01, 2013
You can make a lot off good friends at fort not only with the student but with the teachers you can have a really good time there

Posted April 19, 2013
Fort Middle School Columbus GA is garbage!!!! My child was jumped on twice and they did nothing about it but wanted to suspend my child. My child has never been in trouble EVER!!!! The people are ghetto!!!!! If your child dresses like garbage they will have friends falling at there feet but if your child dresses nice they will get attacked. Please please do not let your child go to this school it needs to be shut down!!!!!

Posted April 28, 2012
I attended this school while in the 7th grade. They were racially discriminate, religiously discriminate, and was by far the worst experience of my childhood. Had I known then what I know now, legal action would've been the result, given the multitude of Laws and Rights this school violates. Judging from the other reviews, not much has changed.

Fort Middle School 5

Posted March 24, 2011
Fort Middle School is an EXCELLENT SCHOOL. We have wonderful, intelligent, beautiful, well-rounded, highly educated students - great parents and a very supportive and involved community. The faculty and staff members are hard working, caring, smart, dedicated, and always willing to go the extra mile. We educate the total child. We are Fort Middle School, The Best Middle School in the World!!! I am so proud to be a Patriot!!!!

Posted March 24, 2011
After having many issues with bullying at this school, I took my children out and put them in a more diverse atmosphere. For any parent who is concerned with gang activity, bullying, or lack of caring, you might take heed and listen more to those comments then the biased comments coming from the so called educators that drag themselves to Fort Middle School on a daily basis to spit the garble verbatim from the book. Their motto is, "The Best Middle School in the World". To me, it should be, "The Best Middle School on Woodruff Farm Road. The bullying was so bad that the police were called after some child this child sent a nice uppercut to my son's left chin and left a nasty bruise for a week. All because my son was standing in the front of the classroom paying attention and the other child wanted that particular spot. Then they had the nerve to WAIT 2 hours to call me! It wasn't the first time my children had been bullied at that school, but it will certainly be the LAST. My children are now proud Veterans Memorial Rangers!

Fort Middle School 2

Posted February 08, 2011
This school needs a serious turnaround. They are disorganized, and sadly, somewhat prejudiced. The curriculum, focus, ( on art, history, and theatre especially ) is overwhelmingly African-American based, which is wonderful for those students. The Caucasian students feel left out and isolated. ( and will always, ALWAYS be wrong in a dispute ) Aside from these issues, the school itself claims to help with various online databases for parents that are never kept up to date, etc. The communication to parents is absolutely horrible and lax. Overall, I wouldn't send my child here if I could help it.

Fort Middle School 0

Posted February 12, 2010
The teachers at Fort work very hard to enrich and educate my child. I have the option to put my child elsewhere but choose to stay at Fort and I am glad I did. I have never seen individuals so dedicated to helping students and reaching children on all levels. Plus I have yet to drive by another middle school and see teachers still at work at 6:30 - 7:00 pm. These teachers work hard and expect alot from their students. I love their policy of zeroes are not an option. My child has learned this the hard way. It woke them up after staying afterschool twice to complete a missing assignment. I think with the new adminastration and new group of deciated teachers Fort will recover from its past reputation. I can't wait till they become a charter school based on service learning.

Posted January 23, 2010

Fort Middle School 2

Posted August 12, 2009

Fort Middle School 3

Posted February 10, 2009

Fort Middle School
2900 Woodruff Farm Rd, Columbus, GA  31907
Last modified Fort Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fort Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top