Columbus, GA

Posted October 24, 2013
This is a wonderful school,my daughter adapted very fast, the teachers are very concerned about the students and they are always ready to help. My daughter is learning a lot everyday . She always comes back with a new interesting history about school.

Posted May 17, 2013
My family moved from Germany during the school year and my son started First grade here. We noticed immediately that the curriculum here was more advanced than the school my son had moved from. I expressed my concern to my sons teacher and she went out of her way to do what extra she could for him in the classroom and she let me know what I could do to help . The staff is always friendly with exception to the lunch room monitors, but they have a crazy lunch room to maintain. They are always open to parent volunteers or you just stopping in for lunch with your child. You will get out of the school what you put into it!!! They celebrate the children and their achievements everyday but also on special days throughout the year. I think it encourages the kids to do better and also if they do not get recognized and their friends do, it encourages competitive drive which our generation of kids needs. I am nothing but pleased for my son to go to this school and my younger son will be starting preschool there in the fall.

Posted March 12, 2013
We are moving into the area and called to ask if we could visit the school before we looked into real estate . They told us that we could not visit the school unless we already had arrangements to live within their school zone. Not very welcoming for parents or my son to a new town. Other schools were more than helpful for allowing us to visit their school.

Posted November 20, 2012
My daughters both love DCE, but we don't love the school board. From Sight Words to CRCT tests, there's a lot of failure coming from the Muscogee county school board. DCE tries, acceptably well for a public school, to provide what's best for the kids, but they have a lot of bogus rules to follow. Generally, I would say that the teachers are above average for a school like this, but they're all stretched very thin. There are too many problem children in the classrooms, and the teachers have no real way to deal with them if their parents won't work together to find a solution. It's just another sad story from public schooling.

Posted October 27, 2012
My child is bullied daily without a care from any of the staff. The school is behind in academics and doesn't offer much in the way of extra curricular activities. I went here as a kid and it is completely different. It should be a title 1 school. Sooooo many poor kids (not their fault but no parent involvement) that have no parents to be involved and I know because I am class Mom of two classes because there is no one for a whole other class. Sad sad sad

Posted October 26, 2012
This is an excellant school. I have had 2 children go through this school and have another child still there. I have always been happy with the way with the way things have been handled regarding bullying and I can tell you it is not tolerated there. If the teachers and principal are made aware of it then it is taken care of and they are not afraid to suspend a student when it is needed. They always have teachers in the Top 10 for MCSD Teacher of the Year and this past year they had the winner for the New Teacher of the Year. Parental involvement is always welcomed and encouraged. Love this school!

Posted August 24, 2011
My children go to DCE, and they love their school! I think they have great programs and my children are always motivated to keep learning. They do ballon walks to recognize the students effort and they also provide wild cat tickets to those students that collaborate and follow the school and classroom rules. By the way, the principal, staff, and teachers are very friendly and they are always willing to help with any question we might have!

Posted April 28, 2010
My children attended this school from kindergarden to present. The school was great up until Dr. Hipp retired. Now the school has become another cover up of a poor education. Don't get me wrong; there are a few very good teachers there. Thier hands are tied with political correctiness. Today I found out children are being singled out as potienail faiures of the CRCT tesing. Although results will not be available until May 11, 2010; teachers have been instructed to tutor the same children tutored for the past 4 - 6 months to prepare them for a retest 'just in case' they failed the CRCT exam. This is being done to keep schools from having a summer school program for students with a no pass should they fail this test. Muscogee county school district has it wrong once again. This district is a disgrace.

Double Churches Elementary School 2

Posted December 16, 2009
My daughter went to DCE 1st - 5th grade. She loved every moment of it and DCE was a fantastic school, but things have changed for the worse in the past 2 years. Bullying is not only a problem with the students, but the staff as well. The staff is absolutely unapproachable and is very condescending towards the parents and students.

Posted August 28, 2009

Double Churches Elementary School
1213 Double Churches Rd, Columbus, GA  31904
Last modified Double Churches Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Double Churches Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top