Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Double Churches Elementary School 1

Posted May 16, 2016
The reason for this rating lies less with the teacher and more with the horrendous office staff! Complete lack of people skills and extremely rude. Example: We were running late and needed to check-in our daughter through the office. Through the whole process, the staff talked to us as if we were children while making snide remarks. Then, one very rude member in particular became offended when we tried to gain more understanding of a new policy change that was explained VERY poorly. Would not recommend this school because of rude staff.

Double Churches Elementary School 1

Posted September 14, 2015
Only 5 weeks into this school year and I am not impressed. I have had to go out of my way to find out what's been going on in the classroom with my child's grades and behavior because school work and notes are never sent home. It seems as if the only priority is preparing students for testing. Never in my life have I dealt with teachers who are so defensive and rude. My child had a great teacher last year but I unfortunately cannot say the same for this school year.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 25, 2015
You can't be an effective educator if you have no passion for your work and completely lack in communication. Test scores have apparently been good, but there is alot more to learning than simply teaching children how to take a test. Testing is probably the LEAST important skill you need as an adult.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 25, 2015
The first week I would have answered too much. And I'm still on the fence as they require two AR tests a day in second grade. However, this week it appears that the second grade teachers consolidated homework and that the amount now is more reasonable.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted August 25, 2015
We have not had enough time or experience with this school to answer this question fairly.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted August 25, 2015
Three weeks in and my daughter has complained of being pushed off a swing and made fun of. At her old school they went out of their way to talk about these types of things. There doesn't seem to be enough supervision to help develop these traits.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted August 25, 2015
I don't have much experience; however, communication is key in developing these traits. And this school has been horrendous at communication!

Double Churches Elementary School 2

Posted August 25, 2015
I have never experienced a school that is so unorganized and non communicative with their parents! We chose this neighborhood in part because of this website's ranking and although we're only three weeks into the school year my child has complained about children and faculty not being nice to her and I've had to become a complete nag in attempting to obtain information regarding homework expectations, how to find her grades, where pick up and drop off is located, how the public after school program works, how to see AR books, and the list goes on and on! Normally I can find the silver lining in any given situation, but so far this school hasn't given me anything to work with other than my daughter says school lunches taste really good!

Double Churches Elementary School 5

Posted April 11, 2015
Double Churches Elementary is an awesome school! The teachers and staff really know the students and truly care for them. It has a very warm and friendly atmosphere and you feel like family. They discipline with love and educate in fun and exciting ways. There are many ways to be involved and a great sense of school spirit.

Double Churches Elementary School 5

Posted January 05, 2015
My son is in Mrs Cooper's Pre-K class. He has really blossomed as a student. Getting him to practice reading and writing was difficult but her methods have made it so much easier. His confidence has grown and he is excited to learn.

1213 Double Churches Rd, Columbus, GA  31904
Last modified Double Churches Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.