Columbus, GA

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 25, 2015
You can't be an effective educator if you have no passion for your work and completely lack in communication. Test scores have apparently been good, but there is alot more to learning than simply teaching children how to take a test. Testing is probably the LEAST important skill you need as an adult.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 25, 2015
The first week I would have answered too much. And I'm still on the fence as they require two AR tests a day in second grade. However, this week it appears that the second grade teachers consolidated homework and that the amount now is more reasonable.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted August 25, 2015
We have not had enough time or experience with this school to answer this question fairly.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted August 25, 2015
Three weeks in and my daughter has complained of being pushed off a swing and made fun of. At her old school they went out of their way to talk about these types of things. There doesn't seem to be enough supervision to help develop these traits.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted August 25, 2015
I don't have much experience; however, communication is key in developing these traits. And this school has been horrendous at communication!

Double Churches Elementary School 2

Posted August 25, 2015
I have never experienced a school that is so unorganized and non communicative with their parents! We chose this neighborhood in part because of this website's ranking and although we're only three weeks into the school year my child has complained about children and faculty not being nice to her and I've had to become a complete nag in attempting to obtain information regarding homework expectations, how to find her grades, where pick up and drop off is located, how the public after school program works, how to see AR books, and the list goes on and on! Normally I can find the silver lining in any given situation, but so far this school hasn't given me anything to work with other than my daughter says school lunches taste really good!

Posted April 11, 2015
Double Churches Elementary is an awesome school! The teachers and staff really know the students and truly care for them. It has a very warm and friendly atmosphere and you feel like family. They discipline with love and educate in fun and exciting ways. There are many ways to be involved and a great sense of school spirit.

Posted January 05, 2015
My son is in Mrs Cooper's Pre-K class. He has really blossomed as a student. Getting him to practice reading and writing was difficult but her methods have made it so much easier. His confidence has grown and he is excited to learn.

Double Churches Elementary School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
This is a wonderful school,my daughter adapted very fast, the teachers are very concerned about the students and they are always ready to help. My daughter is learning a lot everyday . She always comes back with a new interesting history about school.

Posted August 09, 2013
This school is one of the best schools I have been in contact to, due to the fact that I am a Grandparent in charge to help one of my 11 Grandchildren. This is one of the 2 Grandchildren living closed. The rest are living in Up State NY, and NJ. I am proud to say that Double Churches Elementary is the school where my grandson was identified as a gifted child and he is so happy to learn more each day. The program for gifted children at St Elmo is a very good program where these children learn more every time the go there. My grandson is on his first grade reading at the third grade level. We are very proud that my grandson goes to Double Churches where all the Staff members are wonderful beginning with Ms Shaw-Powell. M.C. Piane

1213 Double Churches Rd, Columbus, GA  31904
Last modified Double Churches Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Double Churches Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top