Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I have had two kids at Britt David (one is still attending). I am also privileged to work with kids from other local elementary schools. The biggest difference I see is that the BDMA families take great pride in their school and are willing to get involved. It feels more like a private school in that sense. The Britt David kids know it's a privilege to be there. There is a lot of respect, hard work and high expectations, but also an environment of grace. It's an amazing school. The only sad part is that when your child leaves for middle school, it will be hard to find anything close to it in a public middle school in MCSD. We have been blessed by Britt David. I wish there would be a full magnet middle school of the same caliber.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are among the best in the entire school district and they make sure each child is challenged in their own way.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Britt David students are expected to follow the code and if they don't, they know they will be removed.

My child stays challenged and the teachers are phenomenal! We cannot rave enough about this school.

As far as I am concerned it is not fair that this school is rated. This school has its picks on who attends. Quite naturally when my children attend events such as the Math or Science Olympics, they want to know how Britt David always comes out on top. It is not fair to the other schools and small children who don't understanding what is going on and that Britt David hand picks. Further, when I tried to get my very intelligent children in at Britt David to challenge them, their applications kept getting misplaced and on a couple of occassions, we never even received replacement applications. It is okay, my 5th grader graduated with honors this year from Dimon and he and my daughter have very high CRCT test scores, with my daughter being in the gifted program at St. Elmo. Dimon is rated low, but they have some excellent teachers over there as well. I am convinced that the deal at Britt David is that you have to fit in a certain socioeconomic class. And if you don't fit in this mold, then you are not good enough for Britt David.

My children have been going to this school since K- and the eduaction is amazing! This school is great! You are lucky if you got your children at this best public school in the state!

Britt David is an amazing school. My son is finishing up his kindergarten year at Britt David right now. His teacher has gone above and beyond to make sure that all of her students adjusted to the first year of real school. It is amazing what they are learning. They are learning so much more than other kindergarten students I know at other schools. We could not be happier with this school.

This school stands out as a place where the learner is challenged to grow intellectually. The students at this school work together as a community to support each other as academic peers. I have worked at this school numerous days, and I have always felt that I was teaching at the best school in the state! A+++

I, myself use to go to Britt David.I feel that I have learned more at that school than at any other. Right now I am in the 8th grade and most of the material I am being taught I have already learned. My point is that Britt David puts your child to the next level, So if your child goes to Britt David you won't have to worry about them not catching on to things or knowing things in their later years.

Britt David Magnet has high expectations for behavior and academics. My child was an A student at another local school. She moved to Britt David in the third grade where they determined she couldn't read on grade level. Standardized tests confirmed the assessment to a degree. Did they make my child leave? NO! They worked above and beyond to make sure my child reached grade level! The media specialist, classroom teacher, and others worked with my daughter daily. The faculty and staff works hard with all students, and I am thankful for that.

Last modified Britt David Elementary Computer Magnet Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.