Britt David Elementary Computer Magnet Academy 1

Posted July 24, 2014
As far as I am concerned it is not fair that this school is rated. This school has its picks on who attends. Quite naturally when my children attend events such as the Math or Science Olympics, they want to know how Britt David always comes out on top. It is not fair to the other schools and small children who don't understanding what is going on and that Britt David hand picks. Further, when I tried to get my very intelligent children in at Britt David to challenge them, their applications kept getting misplaced and on a couple of occassions, we never even received replacement applications. It is okay, my 5th grader graduated with honors this year from Dimon and he and my daughter have very high CRCT test scores, with my daughter being in the gifted program at St. Elmo. Dimon is rated low, but they have some excellent teachers over there as well. I am convinced that the deal at Britt David is that you have to fit in a certain socioeconomic class. And if you don't fit in this mold, then you are not good enough for Britt David.

Posted May 12, 2014
My children have been going to this school since K- and the eduaction is amazing! This school is great! You are lucky if you got your children at this best public school in the state!

Posted May 01, 2014
Britt David is an amazing school. My son is finishing up his kindergarten year at Britt David right now. His teacher has gone above and beyond to make sure that all of her students adjusted to the first year of real school. It is amazing what they are learning. They are learning so much more than other kindergarten students I know at other schools. We could not be happier with this school.

Posted April 23, 2014
This school stands out as a place where the learner is challenged to grow intellectually. The students at this school work together as a community to support each other as academic peers. I have worked at this school numerous days, and I have always felt that I was teaching at the best school in the state! A+++

Posted February 10, 2014
I, myself use to go to Britt David.I feel that I have learned more at that school than at any other. Right now I am in the 8th grade and most of the material I am being taught I have already learned. My point is that Britt David puts your child to the next level, So if your child goes to Britt David you won't have to worry about them not catching on to things or knowing things in their later years.

Posted February 04, 2014
Britt David Magnet has high expectations for behavior and academics. My child was an A student at another local school. She moved to Britt David in the third grade where they determined she couldn't read on grade level. Standardized tests confirmed the assessment to a degree. Did they make my child leave? NO! They worked above and beyond to make sure my child reached grade level! The media specialist, classroom teacher, and others worked with my daughter daily. The faculty and staff works hard with all students, and I am thankful for that.

Britt David Elementary Computer Magnet Academy 1

Posted April 29, 2013
It should come as no surprise that Britt David has the highest test scores of any elementary school in Columbus, as any student who does not score well in class or on CRCTs is kicked out of Britt David. And the process that students are put through to make sure the schools testing scores stay high are not fair to the children and do not serve to educate them as they should. I should not have to explain to my child why some of their classmates don't stay the whole school year or deal with my child's stress as teachers tell them they'll leave too if they don't do well. Far from a beacon of excellence, Britt David has shown our family what is wrong with our school system (and maybe websites like this one) where a school that can do so poorly in teaching children still gets applauded for having good test scores. I don't care about test scores, I want to know that my children will learn and grow as intelligent and curious individuals.

Posted April 09, 2013
Britt David Magnet Academy is a great choice for anyone who wants their child to excel and to be challenged. They encourage your child to do their best. Most of the parents are involved in some way, so much so, that you have to get to the PTA meeting about 45 minutes early if your child is performing, and you want a front seat! They have an amazing library and a media specialist that constantly orders new books for the kids all the time!

Britt David Elementary Computer Magnet Academy 4

Posted June 26, 2009

Posted March 20, 2009
Britt David is a demanding yet very rewarding school. I love the fact that not only is the curriculum excellent and the teachers fabulous but the cultural diversity allows the children to learn about other cultures and are encouraged in proper conduct.

Britt David Elementary Computer Magnet Academy
5801 Armour Rd, Columbus, GA  31909
Last modified Britt David Elementary Computer Magnet Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Britt David Elementary Computer Magnet Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top