Columbus, GA

Posted May 07, 2015
I'm happy to say that this school has finally done something intelligent. By Hiring our newest art teacher. The school has become more artsy and eye appealing . Not only that but for once hired a teacher who cares for her students . Job well done Jordan.

Posted February 06, 2015
My nephew had terrible problems at his school in Florida, and his dad sent him to Columbus to live with his mom. He enrolled at Jordan, and it turned his life around. He was introduced to careers in medicine by a caring teacher, was captivated, and a kid who did nothing much but play video games turned into an A student with a bright future. If you are headed for college and have the capacity to keep up with extremely bright classmates, Columbus High or Northside are probably better choices, but if you plan to end your education after high school or perhaps a technical college, Jordan seems to be an excellent choice.

Posted November 17, 2009
I've read through all the postings and realize most of them are dated. Mr. Tovey and Dr. Kelley have been gone for some time now. As the parent of a Jordan graduate, I can tell you that my child's experience at Jordan was awful. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. My children who attended another school in Columbus have had much better experiences and much better educations. My son attended chose Jordan for the academy, and the skills he acquired there have been beneficial. He even had a couple of great teachers who are to be commended for staying at Jordan instead of accepting positions at other schools. But the good was far outweighed by the bad. The 'bad' was a number of teachers and a counselor who were not interested in helping certain children succeed. They have an agenda that is rather obvious. Please don't send your child to Jordan.

Jordan Vocational High School 1

Posted January 10, 2009
This school has caused so many problems for my children. I have notice a lack of concern in the faculty. My children will be attending a different school next year.

Posted January 08, 2006
I am a current student at Jordan. I have been to almost every school in Columbus,Ga including Harris County High. I have enjoyed Jordan the best! Majority of the teachers are really dedicated to their students. I also like how the office staff tries to learn each student as an indivdual. As my senior year comes to an end I realzie how much I'm going to miss Jordan High.

Posted November 05, 2005
My son is a sophmore at Jordan and he loves that school. He is in the JROTC program and on the Principals List. He had an opportunity to go to Columbus or Northside but chose Jordan for their Culinary program. He signed up for JROTC last year and has never looked back. (students cant be in the culinary program until they can drive) The faculty at Jordan are awesome for the most part and made his freshman year a great year for him. I can only imagine how great his next three years will be compared to last year.

Posted May 10, 2005
I am a Jordan alumni and my daughter is a junior at Jordan. She is a National Honor Society member, a Who's Who Among American High School Students, and a HOBY alumni. She is getting a great education and has teachers who believe in her and all the other students who attend. Most of the kids come from working class families who don't have a lot of money. Somehow, this makes it seem that Jordan is a low class school but that is completely untrue. They have heart and work hard. If they are willing to reach for the sky, then the administrators and teachers at Jordan are there to help them succeed.

Posted April 08, 2005
I am a former student of Jordan High School, and I must say that I agree with Kristin, below. I received an awesome education from some very awesome teachers. . The current principal there, from what I hear, is doing a great job. JORDAN IS THE BEST SCHOOL IN THIS CITY and all who oppose that statement can just get out.

Posted April 07, 2005
well i go to Jordan and i think that it is a great school and we have got a new principal that cares alot about us and helps us in anyway and is trying to make jordan the school that it was long time ago. He is also trying to bring the quality of eduction up. So please consider Jordan for your children!

Posted September 08, 2004
I'm not a parent, I'm a student at Jordan. I don't think that Jordan is a bad school. As with any school, there are going to be teachers that are awesome, and there are going to be teachers that don't care about their job. It also depends on the student. If they're willing to learn, then they're going to get a quality education. If not, then they're going to be relying on the government and McDonalds for the rest of their lives. The school can't make kids learn. As the old saying goes 'You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.' I think Mr. Tovey is doing a great job so far. He's definitely staying on top of things!

3200 Howard Ave, Columbus, GA  31904
Last modified Jordan Vocational High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jordan Vocational High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top