Columbus, GA

Posted January 15, 2010
Gentian Elementary is a great school, the staff, teachers, parents, & students.

Gentian Elementary School 4

Posted March 20, 2006
This is my son's first experience in a Georgia school. I must say that there is a big difference. The parents seem more involved here and at the end of the day when I pick my son up from school, there are a number of parents in the lobby waiting for their little ones. At other schools, the office personnel would have cleared them out in a heartbeat but I feel really welcomed at Gentian!

Gentian Elementary School 3

Posted September 25, 2005
My daughter began her first year of kindergarten at Gentian. Overall, I would have to say that the teachers, staff, and programs are just middle of the road. My daughter is the only reader in her class and is quite advanced academically. The kindergarten teacher had a hard time meeting her where she was. She was subsequently transferred to a first grade class for part of her day. I think the school lacks in quite a few areas: challenging academics, varied lesson plans, extracurricular activities, etc. I was somewhat disappointed with the kindergarten experience.

Posted August 12, 2005
I have 2 children and my oldest went there k-6 and my youngest now in fourth grade has been there since pre-k. I have nothing but great things to say about this school and most of the staff. They are very devoted to the needs of what each individual childs needs on an individual basis and I am very thankfull that there is a place that my children can go and I feel they are in more than capable hands.

Gentian Elementary School 3

Posted July 20, 2005
It has been great up until this year. It is fine as long as your child doesn't ask for additional help with a subject. Hopefully Gentian will take notice to this before too many children are affected.

Posted May 27, 2005
I have worked at Gentian for the past four years. I have found the faculty and staff to be very supportive. They ALWAYS SEEK the best interests of the individual child. Good behavior is expected from children because the faculty understands that appropriate behavior makes the classroom environment more conducive to learning. The faculty is cohesive, and works hard to promote student achievement. The school motto, 'Out of many, one family,' truly is the order of the day. I feel privileged to be a member of this family.

Posted May 16, 2005
My children have attended Gentian for their entire elementary school career. Until this year, it was great.When we encountered a problem, there was no support for us.It seems that as long as the student does not require any additional assistance, things are fine. I am all for high goals and achievement but I believe that Gentian is well on the way to losing sight of the individual child.Everyone wants the very best for the child.However, they shouldn't be damaged in the academic process.I sincerely hope that they give more consideration to other families when their is a problem.

Posted May 09, 2005
if i had to some it up gentian is what i would call family !!! , the principal takes the time and know each child by name , and is very supportive of the pta , i have held office for the pta , and the school is a special place , from the principal on down to the custodial staff

Posted April 13, 2005
I have worked at Gentian Elementary for the past 8 years. I have worked with students and teachers from the first to the sixth grades. I believe that the administration is very supporting of the faculty, parents, and students alike. Students are expected to study hard and do their best in a loving and nurturing environment. Even though teachers have high expectations of their students, they still allow them to enjoy being children. I would recommend Gentian Elementary to anyone in search of a quality school.

Posted April 13, 2005
I taught first grade at Gentian for 3 years. I could not have aked for better leadership or support. The faculty and staff at Gentian are like one big family. They really care about each individual child and their development. Children are expected to achieve but they are also given ample amounts of support and guidance.

4201 Primrose Rd, Columbus, GA  31907
Last modified Gentian Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gentian Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top