Columbus, GA

Eddy Middle School 4

Posted August 11, 2014
my son is a student at middle school I was reluctant to send them there first but I'm glad I did, they helped him to become successful student his math grade drastically improved and all the teachers and faculty are great regardless of the bad reputation the neighborhood as well as the school had I'm glad he's part of the Eddy general's

Eddy Middle School 5

Posted April 28, 2014
Eddy middle school has come a long way over the last couple of years. I have had the pleasure of sending my gifted daughter to this school and have had nothing but great experiences. I was a little hesitant at first because of its reputation but it proved me wrong. The teachers there are great and provide my daughter all of the tools she needs to be successful in life. Oh and another thing my daughter is white and has had nothing but great times at Eddy.

Posted February 25, 2013
This us to be a good school. You still have some good teachers and students but Eddy is on a downhill slope and no one seems to care. There are students there that have stayed back so many times till it is just sickening. Everyday someone stuff is stolening and the whole attitude of the school is there is nothing we can do. This school need to be overhauled from the principal on down or they just need to close it down. The Board of Education do not seem to care about what is happening at this school because it is majority black.

Posted March 08, 2012
i dont know what eddy's school is doing to our kids my son been there for 2 yrs now and when he was in elem.he was making a's and b's now he's getting f's and i went to the school and tlk with the principal and nothing is getting done.i went again and talked to his teacher and this lady was reading the news paper while the kids was cutting up.so how are the kids going to learn anything when the staff of eddy dont care

Posted October 16, 2010
This school lacks everything! If academics and NOT athletics were placed at the forefront the school might begin to see improvement in there academic profile. Their math score AVERAGE is BELOW a failing grade. And it is Eddy's fault! Hire quality staff and teachers and Not just someone looking for a job. We know the school is not in the best area and that the majority of the homes have single parents who work. This just means that as a community (teachers and staff included) we have to show a passion for our childrens success and future. What happened to it takes a village to raise a child? And as far as the past comments about having well behaved children that aren't disrespectful to their elders....I only have this to say...Most of the teachers/staff DO NOT carry themselves or behave in a respectful manner. Respect is EARNED! Not owed!

Eddy Middle School 0

Posted November 01, 2009
I love this school even know there a few children who like to play alot there till good kids. If yo kids know better than they want be gettin in trouble. Thats what i think.

Posted June 25, 2008
I feel that this scholl lacks leadership and quality teachers. There was a specific teacher in 7th grade that spent more time being a friend than a teacher. This school needs an internal make over.

Posted October 10, 2006

Eddy Middle School 5

Posted July 12, 2006
As a parent of a Eddie Middle School student I think the school is a good school, but like all schools there are a few students that need a little displine.You can't fault the school for those students that don't respect their elders and are unruley.The teachers don't have time to babysat these students,when they are teaching those other students that want to learn.And as far as the academics of Eddie I think that its right on track.

Eddy Middle School 4

Posted June 10, 2005
- a former student
I am currently in high school, but I attended Eddy in 2003. I'll agree that it wasn't the best school in Columbus, but it is most certainly not the worst. The students' behavior could have been better, but it is not Eddy's fault. It's the parent's fault for not raising their children to be respectful to their elders.

Eddy Middle School
2100 S Lumpkin Rd, Columbus, GA  31903
Last modified Eddy Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eddy Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top