Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My son only spent a couple of months at this school for 1st grade. I was not happy with the way his teacher conducted class. He wasn't understanding any of the work because she would just hand it to them expecting them to read it on their own. Half of them were learning to read, not excelled readers. I was glad when we were moving and he had to leave the school.

Many reasons. No control over unruly children. Couldn't find a permanent teacher for one class, at all. No one would stay. Students got other student's grades, not enough grades for the term, until I told them to search for papers and fix it all. They did, sort of. In the end, grades were adjusted due to no teacher that would stick around and during awards ceremony, my kid got the A/B Honor Roll Certificate, even though her report card that I received later showed all A's...... NICE. NOT GOOD. Horrible experience for my child.

Develops character: Neutral

They blame kids for things other kids do such as cheat, steal, and physically harm/touch.

Wynnton is a great school with a wonderful staff and faculty. They treat your children like family. My oldest has started Kindergarten there and just completed first grade. Her teachers have been amazing. The arts-integrated circculum offers a unique learning experience my child has benefited from. Don't let the 4 out of 10 fool you. Wynnton is wonderful. I can't say enough great things about the school. The arts classes have been an opportunity we couldn't afford on our own. Dance, drama, art, and music. Take those classes outside of the public school, and you will pay a lot of money.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers have been incredibly caring, and excellent in teaching my daughter. I have been pleased with her growth and development that I know her teacher helped her achieve.

Amount of homework: Agree

We had the same amount of homework every week and it was predictable. I felt it allowed my kid to be a kid.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school has to positive behavior rewards system and uses the "4 C's." "Creative, Cooperative, Consciousness, and Considerate."

I could not be happier with Wynnton Arts Academy. My son started this year, after attending private school from K-2nd grade. At first, I was nervous about sending him to a public school, but now I wish he had been going there the whole time. The curriculum is challenging, and dare I say, more advanced than the private school he attended. Everyone I have ever encountered at the school from students to faculty and administration have been wonderful. The Arts and Music programs that they offer are amazing, and such a blessing for the children in a day and age where those programs are the first to be cut from other schools. I would highly recommend this school to anyone who might be considering it. I am thrilled that we will have 2 more years there!

We toured Britt David, Eagle Ridge, then Wynnton. Britt David is number one in the state for standardized test scores but wasn't a choice for us due to their waiting list. We feel this was the best thing that could have happened to us! The Vice Principal at Wynnton Arts Academy gave us a tour and it was immediately obvious that this school cares. She took 20 minutes out of her day to talk about the school, give us a tour, and introduce us to the teaching and non-teaching staff during regular school hours. Neither of the other schools did this. We were offered their websites as a reference. I now know why. It's like a family here. All the teachers work together everyday to make sure they are all on the same page covering the information in different ways so that each student can learn the best way that works for them. Our 3rd grader was having a hard time this year. He wasn't adjusting well from last year. His teacher completely understood and took steps to make sure she knew his personality. Our first grader reads on a third grade level and continues to be challenged at Wynnton. We look forward to our PreK student starting at Wynnton next year. We know it will be great!

This school is truly a special place. The historic campus is the most beautiful and healthy-feeling of any elementary school in Columbus. Our son has been attending Wynnton Arts Academy for 3 years, Pre-K through 1st grade. The new principal and all of the teachers truly care for "their" children and you can feel it. Their strongest academics are focused on Reading and developing self-confidence through the Arts. I am proud of all of the polite, smiling children I see in the hallways and classrooms each day. I hope more parents in the district will consider sending their children here - don't waste your money on a private school when you can have it all here!

Last modified Wynnton Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.