Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Wynnton Elementary School 2

Posted June 17, 2016
Many reasons. No control over unruly children. Couldn't find a permanent teacher for one class, at all. No one would stay. Students got other student's grades, not enough grades for the term, until I told them to search for papers and fix it all. They did, sort of. In the end, grades were adjusted due to no teacher that would stick around and during awards ceremony, my kid got the A/B Honor Roll Certificate, even though her report card that I received later showed all A's...... NICE. NOT GOOD. Horrible experience for my child.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted June 17, 2016
No, the kids who are unruly remain that way... there is no separating or acting on discipline.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted June 17, 2016
They blame kids for things other kids do such as cheat, steal, and physically harm/touch.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 22, 2016
I am so grateful for Mrs. Meadows. She taught my daughter so much and was caring and easy to communicate with. My daughter succeeded this year because of her patience in teaching.

Wynnton Elementary School 5

Posted May 22, 2016
Wynnton is a great school with a wonderful staff and faculty. They treat your children like family. My oldest has started Kindergarten there and just completed first grade. Her teachers have been amazing. The arts-integrated circculum offers a unique learning experience my child has benefited from. Don't let the 4 out of 10 fool you. Wynnton is wonderful. I can't say enough great things about the school. The arts classes have been an opportunity we couldn't afford on our own. Dance, drama, art, and music. Take those classes outside of the public school, and you will pay a lot of money.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 22, 2016
The teachers have been incredibly caring, and excellent in teaching my daughter. I have been pleased with her growth and development that I know her teacher helped her achieve.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 22, 2016
We had the same amount of homework every week and it was predictable. I felt it allowed my kid to be a kid.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 22, 2016
My daughter strived to make All A's after her first report card had two. B's. She succeeded and kept All A's the rest of the year. Her reading improved greatly too. She couldn't have done that without encouragement from her teacher.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 22, 2016
My child treats her peers with more respect than she does me at home. The school is doing something right.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 22, 2016
The faculty and staff are incredibly caring and treat the children like their own. They are very safety conscious too. Their pick up system is the best I've encountered.

2303 Wynnton Rd, Columbus, GA  31906
Last modified Wynnton Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.