Public charter
Columbus, GA

Posted March 27, 2014
I could not be happier with Wynnton Arts Academy. My son started this year, after attending private school from K-2nd grade. At first, I was nervous about sending him to a public school, but now I wish he had been going there the whole time. The curriculum is challenging, and dare I say, more advanced than the private school he attended. Everyone I have ever encountered at the school from students to faculty and administration have been wonderful. The Arts and Music programs that they offer are amazing, and such a blessing for the children in a day and age where those programs are the first to be cut from other schools. I would highly recommend this school to anyone who might be considering it. I am thrilled that we will have 2 more years there!

Posted December 18, 2012
We toured Britt David, Eagle Ridge, then Wynnton. Britt David is number one in the state for standardized test scores but wasn't a choice for us due to their waiting list. We feel this was the best thing that could have happened to us! The Vice Principal at Wynnton Arts Academy gave us a tour and it was immediately obvious that this school cares. She took 20 minutes out of her day to talk about the school, give us a tour, and introduce us to the teaching and non-teaching staff during regular school hours. Neither of the other schools did this. We were offered their websites as a reference. I now know why. It's like a family here. All the teachers work together everyday to make sure they are all on the same page covering the information in different ways so that each student can learn the best way that works for them. Our 3rd grader was having a hard time this year. He wasn't adjusting well from last year. His teacher completely understood and took steps to make sure she knew his personality. Our first grader reads on a third grade level and continues to be challenged at Wynnton. We look forward to our PreK student starting at Wynnton next year. We know it will be great!

Posted October 03, 2012
This school is truly a special place. The historic campus is the most beautiful and healthy-feeling of any elementary school in Columbus. Our son has been attending Wynnton Arts Academy for 3 years, Pre-K through 1st grade. The new principal and all of the teachers truly care for "their" children and you can feel it. Their strongest academics are focused on Reading and developing self-confidence through the Arts. I am proud of all of the polite, smiling children I see in the hallways and classrooms each day. I hope more parents in the district will consider sending their children here - don't waste your money on a private school when you can have it all here!

Wynnton Elementary School 4

Posted July 18, 2011
This is an amazing school...esp. for children who are more arts based, but good for many others as well. There is an incredible amount of opportunity for the children to participate in the arts and for FREE. Thanks to the school being a charter school for the arts, my oldest gets to take violin 4 days a week with CSU retired instructors and in chorus. Another one of my children will be starting in the new cello program there and all have participated in FREE after school arts activities which they wouldn't be able to partake in otherwise. Most of the teachers are wonderful with the children and very friendly when walking through the school. Although I am not sure what the administration change will hold for the 2011-2012 school year, the principal and administration leadership in the past are AMAZING! Being that the school has been around for so long, the Partners in Education are so supportive and the school won the PIE award last year! The special education department is also very skilled and has made a large improvement in my oldest's educational experience. Can't say enough!

Posted April 16, 2010
Superb teachers & excellent programming & education!

Wynnton Elementary School 0

Posted April 16, 2010
The children are so well educated and are exposed to lots of different things.

Posted November 29, 2009

Posted July 27, 2009

Posted April 03, 2009

Wynnton Elementary School 0

Posted July 22, 2008
I love Wynnton Arts Academy. My children have gone here from Pre-K to 3rd now and the school and teachers are wonderful! The school has several programs that the kids enjoy, such as the dance and orf specialty classes. It teaches them discipline and they want to strive to do well in this school so that they can attend the specialty classes. Keep up the great work teachers and staff! Special thanks goes to Ms. Hines, Ms. Yarbrough, Ms. Queen, Ms. Jackson and Ms. Patsy Shackleford with the before and after school program. My kids love you!

Wynnton Elementary School
2303 Wynnton Rd, Columbus, GA  31906
Last modified Wynnton Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wynnton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top