Hannan Elementary School 1

Posted January 26, 2014
I have two children who attend here, one is a magnet student and the other is in the regular academic program. The teachers all seem to have different curriculum's (even within the magnet program, there is no set curriculum to follow) and not one teacher is on the same page here. Also parents are not informed at all...which may be due to the low numbers of parent involvement maybe the staff feels they shouldn't try since the parents clearly do not care either...anyway. One parent gets a newsletter telling them one thing while another parent receives a completely different newsletter. I literally feel like there is no structure or organization within this school. Recess is often a movie in the classroom (that by the way is just so healthy....I was being sarcastic) my kids have literally gone a week with no recess because they lost the privilege due to overall class talking or whatever...so kids are to be quiet at lunch and class and now they don't have recess....Children who are not in the magnet program DO NOT get PE until 2nd grade! I am very dissatisfied with our experience this year and do not plan on coming back next year.

Posted December 03, 2013
Hannan is a wonderful and progressive school. The area is lucky to have such an amazing school with teachers that truly care. We live in N. Columbus and I transport my 3rd and 4th grader to Hannan daily. They were attending Eagle Ridge, but did not want to ever go to school. Now they wouldn't miss a day. My 4th grader now reads at a 6th grade level and math is a 7th grade level (she's in the magnet program). My third grader is not in the magnet program and loves the school as well. The children are amazing! The school really cares and we could not be happier. My children will remain her for the rest of our time here at Benning. 5 STARS!

Posted September 26, 2013
Hannan is a great school I have a 5th grader, 4th grader and a Kindgeraten all have been there since they all started school. The staff is wonderful. And they learn so much there. Go Hannan

Posted August 08, 2013
My child has attended Hannan 4 yrs in the gifted program. He loves it. Each year, he gets a great teacher. They work according to your childs level. Hannan doesn't get the credit as other magnet school but is very well deserving.

Hannan Elementary School 1

Posted November 20, 2011
My very gifted daughter is going to leave this school either in the middle of the year or at the end of the year. She is a student in the magnet program (2nd grade). The work she has been bringing home is just too easy. We requested and were promised a specific differentiated learning plan for her from both her teacher and the vice principal and they did not comply. Her student-teacher has worked with gifted kids and with special education kids and has let us know that the special education kids are doing more advanced work than the kids in the magnet classes. Since Hannan is the gifted magnet, kids there are not allowed to participate in the gifted program at St. Elmo. Prior to this year, we loved the teachers and the administration. The school is nicely maintained.

Posted May 11, 2009

Posted November 18, 2008

Hannan Elementary School 2

Posted October 20, 2008
From what I have observed Hannan only cares about students in the maganet program. The other kids get second hand education. Some of these kids need help and a little more guidence than others. Instead of the staff trying to help these misguided students, they talk about the children to other staff. And the principals dont help the situation any better. I dont think that Hannan staff need to understands that they have a leadership role and what they do and say will impact some of these students for the rest of their lives. This school can use some new leaders to help teach these children that desperately need thier help.

Posted June 01, 2007

Posted February 23, 2007

Hannan Elementary School
1338 Talbotton Rd, Columbus, GA  31901
Last modified Hannan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hannan Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top