No rating

Brookstone School

Private | PK-12

Living in Columbus

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $123,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $660.

Posted April 25, 2014

Our son is exceptionally gifted. We VERY WRONGLY assumed that this would be a more challenging placement for him, as opposed to a public school system. Unfortunately, he was left unchallenged and bored out of his skull. After multiple conferences with his teachers, principal and school counselor, they still refused to provide him with work even remotely close to his ability level. We ended up pulling him halfway through his 3rd grade year and have seen greater successful with him in the public school system.

Posted March 28, 2011

My children graduated from Brookstone and were SO well prepared for college. They were able to attend selective colleges and said that it was immediately obvious that Brookstone had taught them to really think (not just memorize and spout back), to write, to manage their time, and to rise to the task of thriving in a challenging academic environment. They also formed bonds with peers and teachers that have been and continue to be priceless. Brookstone is the finest investment parents can make!

Posted March 12, 2011

Great faciilty. Great campus, The curriculum is good. Parents are an asset to the school. We are disappointed by weak principal leadership in the middle and high school. We are completely underwhelmed by the majority of teachers from 4th grade through high school. How very disappointing. I highly recommend nearby St. Luke School and Columbus High instead.

Posted October 23, 2009

I have one child at Brookstone and one child at Columbus High School. CHS is free and an excellent school but it is big and impersonal. If your child is motivated, they can get an excellent education. Brookstone is small with excellent academics, athletics, and arts programs. Students develop close relationships with their teachers. It is well worth the very expensive tuition. If you can afford it or qualify for financial aid or the merit scholarships, go. If not, Columbus High is a great second choice.

Posted May 30, 2009

HI! I may just be a 7th grader i have to say i have always loved b stone. people there mainly have doctors for parents and tuition is pricey but int is well worth every penny. they give a a great amount to learn and always help you along the way. i am proud to call my self a cougar!

Posted January 2, 2008

I am a current middle school student at Brookstone, and I guess my oppinion doesn't count much. But just listen. There is way too much work! I know all kids say this, but in my social studies class, we finished the textbook in 1/2 a year! And in that textbook, in each chapter, there were about an average of 15-20 countries that we discussed per test! That is way too much work! I've never been so stressed out in my life! The lunch is great though, and it is a safe and clean environment. The teachers are nice, and the kids are nice. But I want more diversity. Everyone is rich at b-stone.

Posted August 30, 2007

Brookstone is well worth the cost. As a former student, I am very grateful for my experience at Brookstone.

Posted June 16, 2007

Brookstone School has excellent teachers and a good program. The cost is steep. There are attempts to engage the students in caring and giving others less fortunate. Overall, a good school. Parents are very involved. In the years we have been involved with Brookstone we note along with other parents dissapointment. More beautiful buildings are being built, but more emphasis and incentives are directed to athletics and new students rather than rewarding those currently excelling.

Posted June 13, 2007

Accepting atmosphere for all culturral and ethnic backgrounds.

Posted December 28, 2005

Excellent school - very focused on altruism and tries to include students in community projects

Posted December 27, 2005

Quaility School, great teachers, great tradition, exellent education.

Posted October 24, 2005

We are extremely happy with the education that our daughter is receiving at Brookstone. She has been challanged in every aspect of her education. I feel that she is ready for college because of this experience. She is also participating very successfully in the music and athletic programs.Brookstone is providing her with a very well rounded education. It has also provided her with friendships that will last forever.

Posted September 26, 2005

We are new to the area and could not ask for a better school for our daughter. It is a nurturing yet challenging environment where she is thriving. If we stay in the area (Brookstone is the primary reason we hope to), I will send my boys there too. Truly worth the investment!!!

Posted April 21, 2005

UPPER SCHOOL - I doubt you will ever find a finer faculty than Brookstone's upper school teachers. Your child will enjoy small classes, a nurturing environment and the finest teachers on the planet. They absolutely bend over backwards to be accessible to their students. I've never seen such dedicated teachers! Your student will be ready to tackle college and life. An exceptionally strong English department. (Of course the social studies, science, and mathematics departments are peerless too!) Down Side: Students may feel initially isolated from the close-knit student body. Hang in there, join the clubs, go out for sports, participate in the school play (FUN)and focus on getting a first-class education. You will soon find your equilibrium.

Posted April 21, 2005

My children went to Brookstone, and it is the single best investment their father and I have ever made. They were well prepared for college and life. They were exposed to extraordinary academic, extra-curricular, and service opportunities that, by their own admission, provided them with the tools to lead productive, fulfilling lives.

Posted May 19, 2004

I went to this school... I would never recommend it to anyone. Despite the fact that they have an excellent French department and a few good teachers in the arts. It's overpriced. Save your money, this school is interested more in aesthetics than academics.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab