Columbus, GA

Brookstone School 1

Posted April 25, 2014
Our son is exceptionally gifted. We VERY WRONGLY assumed that this would be a more challenging placement for him, as opposed to a public school system. Unfortunately, he was left unchallenged and bored out of his skull. After multiple conferences with his teachers, principal and school counselor, they still refused to provide him with work even remotely close to his ability level. We ended up pulling him halfway through his 3rd grade year and have seen greater successful with him in the public school system.

Posted March 28, 2011
My children graduated from Brookstone and were SO well prepared for college. They were able to attend selective colleges and said that it was immediately obvious that Brookstone had taught them to really think (not just memorize and spout back), to write, to manage their time, and to rise to the task of thriving in a challenging academic environment. They also formed bonds with peers and teachers that have been and continue to be priceless. Brookstone is the finest investment parents can make!

Brookstone School 1

Posted March 12, 2011
Great faciilty. Great campus, The curriculum is good. Parents are an asset to the school. We are disappointed by weak principal leadership in the middle and high school. We are completely underwhelmed by the majority of teachers from 4th grade through high school. How very disappointing. I highly recommend nearby St. Luke School and Columbus High instead.

Posted October 23, 2009
I have one child at Brookstone and one child at Columbus High School. CHS is free and an excellent school but it is big and impersonal. If your child is motivated, they can get an excellent education. Brookstone is small with excellent academics, athletics, and arts programs. Students develop close relationships with their teachers. It is well worth the very expensive tuition. If you can afford it or qualify for financial aid or the merit scholarships, go. If not, Columbus High is a great second choice.

Posted May 30, 2009
HI! I may just be a 7th grader i have to say i have always loved b stone. people there mainly have doctors for parents and tuition is pricey but int is well worth every penny. they give a a great amount to learn and always help you along the way. i am proud to call my self a cougar!

Posted January 02, 2008
I am a current middle school student at Brookstone, and I guess my oppinion doesn't count much. But just listen. There is way too much work! I know all kids say this, but in my social studies class, we finished the textbook in 1/2 a year! And in that textbook, in each chapter, there were about an average of 15-20 countries that we discussed per test! That is way too much work! I've never been so stressed out in my life! The lunch is great though, and it is a safe and clean environment. The teachers are nice, and the kids are nice. But I want more diversity. Everyone is rich at b-stone.

Posted August 30, 2007
Brookstone is well worth the cost. As a former student, I am very grateful for my experience at Brookstone.

Brookstone School 4

Posted June 16, 2007
Brookstone School has excellent teachers and a good program. The cost is steep. There are attempts to engage the students in caring and giving others less fortunate. Overall, a good school. Parents are very involved. In the years we have been involved with Brookstone we note along with other parents dissapointment. More beautiful buildings are being built, but more emphasis and incentives are directed to athletics and new students rather than rewarding those currently excelling.

Posted June 13, 2007
Accepting atmosphere for all culturral and ethnic backgrounds.

Posted December 28, 2005
Excellent school - very focused on altruism and tries to include students in community projects

440 Bradley Park Drive, Columbus, GA  31904