Posted January 08, 2015
St. Luke is an wonderful school in every way. My daughter started in Pre-K and is now in 7th grade. The Headmaster is second-to-none and the academics are excellent. I'm impressed with the how they teach leadership, organization, budgeting time, and other non-traditional subjects. They learn in a loving environment, yet disciplined and structured. We're very lucky to have a Christian school of this caliber in Columbus.

Posted November 26, 2014
I completely disagree with the posts from May and August. I know who wrote these reviews- one coming off cheerleading tryouts where her daughter did not make it and one during soccer season. These moms are very competitive and and want their children to have everything that of course they are entitled to! The cheerleading mom once went to the child's 1st grade teacher and demanded the teacher change the child's grade because she had a B. Not very christlike in my opinion and written only because their children did not get what the want or given awards they thought they deserved. This school has been nothing but wonderful for my children. We have been there since the beginning and have enjoyed every minute of it. I couldn't ask for a better headmaster who is so kind, friendly, and fair. My children have gotten a great academic education and made such sweet friends. The reason they walk around in a straight line is because of safety reasons because the school is downtown. St Luke School was given two very poor reviews because these parents did not get what they want. The school, headmaster, staff, and students are amazing! I couldn't imagine my kids being anywhere else.

Posted November 18, 2014
I have two children at St luke, I am not a teacher, church member, school board member or any other affiliation to the school and my children are treated with respect and are encouraged both academically as well as spiritually. I believe the academics offered at our school are way above the standard and you can see by the school's test scores, we are above average in all areas of learning. The school is a loving and nurturing environment. I love that my children are learning to cross the street and follow a teacher's instructions not only inside the classroom but outside it as well. I know at St Luke that the children are prayed over, prayed with, and prayed for daily. Just a small example of the love the admits ration has for our children was when my child had a very difficult time starting back up at school this year and cried as I left him the first day. The person who met him in the hallway was our headmaster, Mrs. McDuffie, she sat on the steps with him and allow him to cry on her shoulder. He has not had a sad day since. I would recommend St Luke school to anyone, with absolutely no reservation!!!

St. Luke School 1

Posted August 26, 2014
My children were at this school for a few years until I realized they were way behind the power curve. They are now at Calvary Christian School and we could not be happier. The staff and principal are so far behind the times. The children are walked around like zombies in single file lines all over campus. There is no room for individuality, nor do they encourage it. There is no stimulation and my kids often complained about how boring school was. There is not much communication from teachers unless something is wrong. I felt that there is no positive reinforcement at this school. There are a lot of awards that my children never received while at the school, but if you are a big donor or a teachers child you were for sure getting awards and accolades. There is too much nepotism going on at this school. I feel as though its archaic in its policies, teaching techniques and awards system. I feel as though the headmaster has been in place so long and is stuck in the dark ages with her teaching techniques. Unfortunately the only place SLS can go is down. Its sad, it could be such an awesome school and an affordable alternative to other private schools in the area.

St. Luke School 2

Posted May 06, 2014
I have had my children at St. Luke for many years. This school has too many teachers and staff who have children that attend the school. The academics are OK, but not up to par to most public schools. The downtown area is very dangerous and there are a large amount of homeless people roaming the campus. The teacher's children are shown favoritism in the classroom and are chosen for teams and awards way more than children who do not have a parent who works at the school. I have been disappointed in the quality of education as well as the treatment my children have received. A Christian school should nurturing a child's academics and well a their confidence and self-esteem. This does not happen at St. Luke. I do not recommend this school to anyone who wants a Christian education that nurtures a child's academics and confidence.

St. Luke School 1

Posted June 09, 2013
This school is for parents who don't want their kids to go to school with black children. Not very Christ like. I moved here with my husband and 2 sons we are military/biracial family. We wanted our children in private school so we choose St. Luke as they had such great reviews, well after 6 months and losing our tuition we changed their school and now they are happily attending Brookstone. My sons said they felt unwelcome at St Luke. Please when deciding on a private school, don't make the same mistake we did look deeper into the private school and their dynamics. I agree with the above review you MOST fit what their idea of a perfect family looks like!

St. Luke School 2

Posted April 30, 2013
I never thought I would have anything negative to say about St Luke Preschool....but if you are not a perfect cookie cutter family they will drop you. My son's spot for next year was taken due to our "family dynamic". Very Christian of you I must say....I will def pray for you. If your child goes there think long and hard about it...you never know what could change in your "family dynamic".....very two faced in my opinion!!!

Posted February 25, 2011
The principal and staff at St. Luke School educate and nurture the children in a positive and progressive manner that reaches out to every child in their care. They go above and beyond basic education to strive toward innovative ways to challenge each child individually.

Posted January 07, 2010
If you're looking for a quality private school in the Columbus area, look no further. St. Luke consistently achieves some of the highest test scores in the city and at very competitive tution rates. St. Luke is grounded in Christian principles and your children will not be exposed to the extreme materialism found in several other private schools in town. The principal/headmaster may seem a little too self-important when you first meet her, but she runs a first class operation and is very accessible to parents and visible around campus. Aftercare program is unparalleled. Wouldn't dream of sending my children anywhere else in Columbus but St. Luke.

Posted June 04, 2009
I have just graduated from St. Luke School and I have been there for the past six years. Throughout my time at St. Luke I was challenged to the fullest. The teachers are always willing to help you when you have a problem and take time after or before classes to discuss anything. The faculty is wonderful here. They also have a great after school program. The kids are given a light snack, given homework time, and time to go outside and play. I wouldn't have had a much fun at any other school in Columbus than I had at St. Luke.

St. Luke School