K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My son was at this school for a brief time. We moved away after kindergarten. He had the most wonderful and loving two women for his teachers. They taught him how to love unconditionally and they were very patient. If we had stayed in Columbus we would have for sure been at St. Luke... it truly felt like a family. If we ever move back to the area I wouldn't hesitate to put my son back at this school.

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

We never experienced bullying at this school.

Supports LD students: Neutral

I don't know if they support students with learning difficulties, because my son did not have difficulty.

Effective school leaders: Neutral

I was not impressed with the leadership. However I would have stayed at this school if we would have stayed in Columbus.

Develops character: Agree

My sons teacher taught him how to be kind and to love unconditionally.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We had a wonderful, loving teacher for kindergarten. She instilled a sense of kindness and love in my son that he still holds to this day.... we have since moved and we were only there for kindergarten.

Amount of homework: Neutral

We were only there for kindergarte, so I cannot really say anything about homework.

St. Luke is an wonderful school in every way. My daughter started in Pre-K and is now in 7th grade. The Headmaster is second-to-none and the academics are excellent. I'm impressed with the how they teach leadership, organization, budgeting time, and other non-traditional subjects. They learn in a loving environment, yet disciplined and structured. We're very lucky to have a Christian school of this caliber in Columbus.

I completely disagree with the posts from May and August. I know who wrote these reviews- one coming off cheerleading tryouts where her daughter did not make it and one during soccer season. These moms are very competitive and and want their children to have everything that of course they are entitled to! The cheerleading mom once went to the child's 1st grade teacher and demanded the teacher change the child's grade because she had a B. Not very christlike in my opinion and written only because their children did not get what the want or given awards they thought they deserved. This school has been nothing but wonderful for my children. We have been there since the beginning and have enjoyed every minute of it. I couldn't ask for a better headmaster who is so kind, friendly, and fair. My children have gotten a great academic education and made such sweet friends. The reason they walk around in a straight line is because of safety reasons because the school is downtown. St Luke School was given two very poor reviews because these parents did not get what they want. The school, headmaster, staff, and students are amazing! I couldn't imagine my kids being anywhere else.

I have two children at St luke, I am not a teacher, church member, school board member or any other affiliation to the school and my children are treated with respect and are encouraged both academically as well as spiritually. I believe the academics offered at our school are way above the standard and you can see by the school's test scores, we are above average in all areas of learning. The school is a loving and nurturing environment. I love that my children are learning to cross the street and follow a teacher's instructions not only inside the classroom but outside it as well. I know at St Luke that the children are prayed over, prayed with, and prayed for daily. Just a small example of the love the admits ration has for our children was when my child had a very difficult time starting back up at school this year and cried as I left him the first day. The person who met him in the hallway was our headmaster, Mrs. McDuffie, she sat on the steps with him and allow him to cry on her shoulder. He has not had a sad day since. I would recommend St Luke school to anyone, with absolutely no reservation!!!

Last modified St. Luke School is a Private school that serves grades K-8