Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I have been to many schools in my lifetime and this one is by far the worst I've seen in the entire country. A decade later and nothing has improved. Test scores and teacher quality drop, violence and illiteracy are on a constant rise. There is no respect for anything here, education, authority, society... If you're a parent reading this, keep your child as far away from this miserable hole as you possibly can. They've failed their community from the start and it's been nothing but downhill ever since.

Baker Middle School. My son attends. he is a 6th grader & does not like this school. He has been bothered daily because he speaks English, doesn't fancy popular rap music & doesn't use bad language. He is a good kid & he's quiet & gets plenty of grief from kids because he is not like the majority of the souls that frequent & inhabit the more southern side of this town. I would like to have more options concerning my son's education. I KNEW there would be wretchedness attending school on skid-row.

This school is horrible. My daughter was bullied the first 3 months of her 7th grade year. Everybody knew but me. The principle over discipline told me it was nothing to worry about he was handling it. REALLY??? for 3 months first of all when was i going to be contacted. My son has a hard time staying focused i tried to talk to the teachers and they claim he was ok. His grades were awful but they said he was doing good the few that i met said he was doing good. Everytime i made an appointment parent teacher conference the same 3 teachers always had something else to do. To this day i still havent met them i wouldnt know what they look like if they walked past me now. My daughter teacher only wanted to talk about herrlationship, and another one was borrowing money from my baby. My chold attended blackmon Rd her 6th grade year and she either brought home all As or As amd Bs but whrn tjey changed her school to baker due to transportation she brought home 2 to 3 Fs every reporting period. I would never tell anyone to semd their children to Baker. Yhe children are out of control just as well as the adults. This is only a few things we dealt with the 2012-2013 school year.

I am a student a baker right now in 2012 it is not a bad school the parents need to learn how to discipline their kids and maybe people would not have nothing to say about that school while we are at marshall that is horrible we need to be back at baker. Baker Middle School is an average school and i love it.

This school should be scraped and start all over again! Too many issue make this school ineffective.

The principal has babied these students and let them do as they pleased. The teachers have been striped of their authority and have no support from the principal. The kids are disrespectfull. But there is good news there is an addition to the staff and he has made sure to set things straight. I think he can make it better for the school and he should be the principal.

Last modified Baker Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.