Bad
Good

Posted September 04, 2015
I have been to many schools in my lifetime and this one is by far the worst I've seen in the entire country. A decade later and nothing has improved. Test scores and teacher quality drop, violence and illiteracy are on a constant rise. There is no respect for anything here, education, authority, society... If you're a parent reading this, keep your child as far away from this miserable hole as you possibly can. They've failed their community from the start and it's been nothing but downhill ever since.

Posted August 22, 2013
Baker Middle School. My son attends. he is a 6th grader & does not like this school. He has been bothered daily because he speaks English, doesn't fancy popular rap music & doesn't use bad language. He is a good kid & he's quiet & gets plenty of grief from kids because he is not like the majority of the souls that frequent & inhabit the more southern side of this town. I would like to have more options concerning my son's education. I KNEW there would be wretchedness attending school on skid-row.

Posted July 25, 2013
This school is horrible. My daughter was bullied the first 3 months of her 7th grade year. Everybody knew but me. The principle over discipline told me it was nothing to worry about he was handling it. REALLY??? for 3 months first of all when was i going to be contacted. My son has a hard time staying focused i tried to talk to the teachers and they claim he was ok. His grades were awful but they said he was doing good the few that i met said he was doing good. Everytime i made an appointment parent teacher conference the same 3 teachers always had something else to do. To this day i still havent met them i wouldnt know what they look like if they walked past me now. My daughter teacher only wanted to talk about herrlationship, and another one was borrowing money from my baby. My chold attended blackmon Rd her 6th grade year and she either brought home all As or As amd Bs but whrn tjey changed her school to baker due to transportation she brought home 2 to 3 Fs every reporting period. I would never tell anyone to semd their children to Baker. Yhe children are out of control just as well as the adults. This is only a few things we dealt with the 2012-2013 school year.

Baker Middle School 3

Posted April 01, 2012
I am a student a baker right now in 2012 it is not a bad school the parents need to learn how to discipline their kids and maybe people would not have nothing to say about that school while we are at marshall that is horrible we need to be back at baker. Baker Middle School is an average school and i love it.

Posted October 01, 2009
This school should be scraped and start all over again! Too many issue make this school ineffective.

Posted March 01, 2009
The principal has babied these students and let them do as they pleased. The teachers have been striped of their authority and have no support from the principal. The kids are disrespectfull. But there is good news there is an addition to the staff and he has made sure to set things straight. I think he can make it better for the school and he should be the principal.

Baker Middle School 2

Posted December 01, 2005
Baker Middle is the better schools in the aouth side of Columbus. It's academics do not compare with the rest of the schools on the North side of town.

Baker Middle School 5

Posted July 30, 2004
I am not a parent I am a Student and I just left Baker, going to the ninth grade. I have been there for three years and I must say that I have learned alot. Some of the teachers have a bad attitude but in an overall outcome they had the attitude to help the students. This year out of all the years I have been there this was my best year because they had many new programs to give us a better understanding of things. Now Baker is a year round school and it will give the students to prepare for the tough situations they will come about in life.

Posted March 22, 2004
I feel this school needs to practice respect in all aspects towards parents and students. I am disappointed of how things are being handled by the teachers and how the communication is not followed closely by the teacher/principal. Guidelines set forth by the School District in informing parents of severe cases are not being met and this is by my own experience. I thought this school valued parent/student involvement. This is by my own experience. Not to put this school down but I feel that some guidelines to help students and parents should be followed in order to keep things running smoothly. This makes for a better and healthier communication.

Baker Middle School
1215 Benning Dr, Columbus, GA  31903
Last modified Baker Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.