Double Churches Middle School

Public | 6-8

Posted May 1, 2014

Very unprofessional school, lacks the initiative that an academically advance school needs. This a direct reflection of their leadership.

Posted November 29, 2013

My son transferred from Arnold to Double Churches middle and the difference is amazing. His grades are improved, the teachers care and want the children to learn. There is no bullying or fights which happened all the time at Arnold. The principle is strict but I think that is what is best to keep the trouble makers in line. The school is in a great area and is kept clean. I don't care what others say this school is amazing in all aspects. I couldn't ask for a butter place for my child

Posted September 26, 2013

This school is not the ideal school to go to. I came from Blackmon Road which is academically the best school here in Columbus Ga. I am in the eighth grade and all advanced classes and I am being taught thing I learned in the 6th and seventh grade. The other students have no respect for adults and the environment of the school is not so great. My rating is zero stars.

Posted September 23, 2013

My daughter transferred here from Midland Middle. She had reservations at first but finds it to be not as bad as she was told. She was assigned to an advanced class and received all As except for one high B. My daughter excells in school but i wonder if the school is too easy. Are the other kids just not trying as hard? Its easy to stand out academically when your surrounded by kids who just dont care to try. You decide.

Posted June 30, 2013

I went to double churches for 7th and 8th grade. I recently went to two other middle schools, Arnold magnet academy and smithstation intermediate in Alabama. This school was waaaaaaaaaaay better then Arnold. Arnold was the worst school year ever for me, and I got locked outside when i was in 1st grade and the teacher didn't care, and several others things happened. But anyways, There was a lot of great teachers there when i went :) They seemed like a they really cared. I was even in a play in my advance language arts class! :D :P well i was a person that moved the furniture xD but it was fun. I really felt apart of something. I even hung out with some people, out of school c: ...which we aren't really friends anymore. I would recommend this school to anyone that knows how to follow orders and not talk all the time. It seems like the people that would misbehave had a horrible time. I'm in 10 grade now and my review probably means nothing, sigh i'm scared to go to public high school, since i did home-school last year. I just really hope this helps someone out and someone actually reads it ^-^ :) Thank you so much if you actually read this. Good luck.

Posted May 23, 2012

This school's environment directly reflects its rating. It is a 2 of 10. My child was regularly exposed to fights in the hallway, children stealing from other children, and teachers that are only attempting to insure students are minimally passing the crct. They do not teach comprehension and problem solving. My child was an honor roll student, but her performance academically and her homework directly reflected someone being taught the test. I literally spent hours each night teaching her things she supposedly learned in school. The children in this school are allowed to dress like thugs and discipline is very poor. I would imagine the poor learning environment has something to do with why they perform so poorly on standardized testing!

Posted December 17, 2011

This school is great! I went here 2 years ago and may be coming back soon. The teaching here is really high level. The only problem I have ha with it, is the students. I was a student myself at the school, and I was getting very disappointed at some students because the way they would act towards me. Maybe they were going through some tough times. I don't know. Well, all I have to say is that it's a great school and I can't wait to be back!

Posted May 31, 2009

I requested a hardship for my son this year and it was the best thing that could have happened to him. Last year he had teachers who didn't care about the students (and he knew this). He almost failed. This year He made it to the National Junior Honor Society and had A's and B's all year. He actually likes reading now and loves the teachers. I really believe this school has had such a major impact on my son's life. I couldn't be more grateful to all his teachers this year!!

Posted May 1, 2007

Being a military family, this is now my sons 4th middle school in a little over two years. This school is wonderful! The teachers are wonderful! Linander, K. Roberts, S. Roberts, Clark, and Raines. Everyone has went out of their way to help him adjust and to help me stay on track of my son and his work. Mr. Carter in Guidance is outstanding and the open door policy is in fact open door! Sad to say we are being transferred yet again. We will miss Double Churches Middle School 'great'ly!

Posted April 22, 2007

Lack of discipline, the kids are really not getting the education they need.

Posted April 13, 2005

We are a military family who moved middle of the school year. My son had failing grades from the previous middle school he attended. He also has ADHD. This school is the best middle school I have ever encountered with our travels. The team of 602 Cares for your child like there is no other. They want to see your child succeed in every aspect of learning! I am so appreciative of Double Churches teaching staff, Mr. Carter, Mr. Hendrickson and everyone involved. My son is now passing with A's! I would recommend this school to anyone! Thank you Double Churches Middle School for your caring support of my child!

Posted March 21, 2004

Being a military family, we moved here just after Christmas 2003. Our son has adjusted to the new school very well. This is in part due to the teachers on team 702. Every teacher shows a genuine concern for their student and they are all very approachable. We feel our son is receiving a top notch education. The Orchestra is small but they pack a punch when they play. The director puts in alot of personal time for one on one instruction after school. The design of the school is awesome along with the different sports offered and elective classes. We only wish they had a baseball team. In all we are very happy with Double Churches and would recommend this school to anyone that asked.

Posted March 2, 2004

We have been very pleased with Double Churches Middle School. We are military and this is our son's third middle school and the best. Dr. Hudson is a terrific principal who is very involved and available. He was at every game home and away, for our son's basketball team ensuring all the kids got safely on the bus most times in the dark. The 8th grade teachers are super and it's been a great preparation for high school. We highly recommend Double Churches.

Posted August 26, 2003

The Principal as well as other staff members are very friendly and helpful.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 92% in 2013.

147 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2013.

142 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 96% in 2013.

149 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 74% in 2013.

161 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 78% in 2013.

159 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 93% in 2013.

127 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

123 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 95% in 2013.

127 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 85% in 2013.

138 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

138 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 97% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 74% in 2013.

139 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 78% in 2013.

136 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 82% in 2012.

142 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

9th Grade Literature

The state average for 9th Grade Literature was 86% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 30% in 2013.

American Literature

The state average for American Literature was 91% in 2013.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 75% in 2013.

Coordinate Algebra

The state average for Coordinate Algebra was 37% in 2013.

Economics

The state average for Economics was 79% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 75% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 29% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 59% in 2013.

Physical Science

The state average for Physical Science was 83% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

7611 Whitesville Rd