Northside High School 2

Posted September 06, 2012
Mr. Hern wants to put down other people in class (local business owners) but doesn't realize when people fail at life they become high school English teachers.

Posted October 04, 2009
The newest high school in Columbus, highest scores in testing without being a 'total magnet' and choosing who gets to attend! Wonderful stdent body, very highly qualified staff, strong parent support.

Northside High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
It is consistently at or near the top in academic endeavors, and in many sports endeavors. It has a caring faculty, and guidance department. It is welcoming to learners of all kinds, from autistic students to slow learners, and tries to enable every student to live up his/her potential. It is a magnet school for engineering, so it serves all kinds of learners.

Posted September 03, 2009
As a 2007 graduate of Northside, I would like to think that I benefitted greatly from the academic challenges offered to me through my four years of attending NHS. I am now a Junior at the University of Georgia, have maintained the HOPE scholarship, and have intentions on graduating with honors. After much debate and collaboration with my parents and the administration, I left Brookstone school (a private school in Columbus) for the engineering magnet offered at NHS. I ended up leaving the magnet, but still received an AP/honors education from Northside. I was extremely involved with extra curriculars at school and I know a good education may be attained through Northside.

Posted April 17, 2009
The jrotc program is the best! sergeant major guynn is the best. Also lieutenant colonel brewer is a very nice man and they teach the kids structure and do not pressure them about joinig the army. The drill team is fun and they are good also the rifle team is good! the jrotc is the best, hands down, part of the school

Posted February 18, 2009

Northside High School 4

Posted June 03, 2008
My child started at Northside as a sophomore, when we moved here from another state. She is a senior now, and has really enjoyed, and excelled at, NHS. If you are relocating to Columbus, and have a high schooler, consider the following: 1. Northside is the newest school in Columbus, (five years old.) The facilities are great, except there's no auditorium (yet!). However, school spirit at NHS is not quite what it would be at an older, more established school. 2. Northside has block scheduling--not a problem for my child, but still something to consider. She really likes block scheduling--it reduces the amount of homework. 3. The administrators and teachers are excellent, and very responsive to the concerns and needs of new students and parents. 4. As a magnet school, NHS students are used to seeing new students, and are generally friendly and accepting--a plus when you're a new student! (Extracurricular activities help!)

Northside High School 0

Posted June 17, 2007
Northside High has the best choral program in the county. My son was afraid to sing in High school with fear of a stigma attatched to it. After singing for this year he is sold on staying in chorus. Janet Maple is a wonderful teacher who really deeply cares about her students. My son will continue to sing through high school thanks to Ms. Maple. She showed him he really has a gift. He now wants to follow in her footsteps and become a choral teacher too. This program is not the only thing that makes this school wonderful! A school with a staff like this one has is going to be wonderful!

Northside High School 1

Posted June 13, 2007
no real education goes on.

Posted March 19, 2007
As a teacher myself, I am very picky as to what school I would have my child attend. Together, my daughter, my husband, and I decided on Northside after much discussion. There are several high schools that were acceptable but Northside was by far one of the best. (Being an old Hardaway grad myself, this is huge praise.) The entire faculty and staff are very accessible and helpful. The school is in great shape and has a very nice campus. My daughter has truly loved her four years there. She will graduate in May and I have found Northside so appealing, that in August, my son will begin as a freshman. He never even considered another school after my daughter's great experience. I only wish that the powers that be would see fit to build us an auditorium.

Northside High School
2002 American Way, Columbus, GA  31909
Last modified Northside High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northside High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top