Bad
Good

I'm a freshman at ECAC, home of the Cougars in Columbus, GA. Our school has great opportunities such as college classes as early as 11th grade. The only downfall is that they should have a music program. I've been in chorus for over 5 years and loved every second of it, but when I came to ECAC, I learned they don't have one. It's depressing because my future career is to become a chorus teacher and make bigger things out of that. It's hard when you have 4 years of no experience then you jump right into college. I learn myself at home online, but it's not the same when you don't have a professional guiding you. School gets harder everyday knowing I can't relieve myself from stress in a music class. Quite sad I can say. Whenever my day has just been ughh, chorus makes up for it all. I honestly can say I have never walked out of a chorus room mad; no matter what happened in there. I'll walk IN mad, but somehow- no matter how I feel about the other choir members- they ALWAYS seem to make me smile. Music sets a certain atmosphere. Whether I like the class or not; there's always a positive feel I get in there. Early College is a good school, but it feels they took music away from you.

ECAC is a great school and the teachers, staff, and many upperclassmen work together to try to improve upon it each year. I think letting students attend college while still in high school is a great idea, as it lets us get some prerequisites out of the way while still fulfilling some of out class requirements to graduate from high school. I am currently a high school senior applying to different colleges, and a couple colleges are letting me apply as a transfer student rather than as an incoming freshman, which gives me a leg up in the admissions process. The school does require us to graduate with a certain number of volunteer hours, but this in the end benefits us, as colleges are often more likely to admit an applicant with volunteer hours than one without any. And in response to one of the other students that posted here: If you fail a class at the college, no, they will NOT make you pay for it. It has already been paid for by the school. You will, however, not be allowed to attend the college with their money, as you have proven to them you are not responsible enough to attend the college. The only classes you have to pay for are the ones the school won't pay for itself.

Early College has a unique feel to it. Every member of the faculty and staff truly cares about the students' success and future. Early College is a family that cares and supports one another in every endeavor.

ECAC is great opportunity for students and i know the teachers and staff are nice and the dean is there all hour of the day and night trying to make the school a better place to learn and the teachers and staff are always open hearted and prepared to help students:)

ECAC is satisfactory because it does have great opertunities but it's goal has a 50% chance of fullfiling. It does offer free college for 2 years, but if your child fails a class you are responsible for paying for classess. In my opinion ECAC was a good idea, but needs more work.

I think that this little school is doing great. It has taken on a very large task to both get a high school diploma and college course credit for the students. I have heard nothing but good things about the students and about the staff. Keep up the good work. I know it will pay off in the end. I wish that I could have had this opportunity when I was in high school. Good Luck!

Last modified Early College Academy Of Columbus At Waverly Terra is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.