Posted April 29, 2014
My kids are in Pre-KG and KG at Eagle Ridge. The teachers are very caring, supportive and encouraging. They make themselves reachable to parents anytime. For my kindergartner, there is good amount of transparency from the teachers' end to what the kid is being taught. While my kindergartner is getting well versed in reading, math and science, my Pre-K kid is having her share of creativity, learning and encouragement while having fun at the same time. She is getting to read the Level 1 books herself and I can't be more proud! The school also provides many opportunities for parents in terms of fair, festivities and volunteering so parents can interact with teachers and other parents alike while also serving any community need. It has been a wonderful start for my kids in terms of public schooling.

Posted March 03, 2014
My children attended Kindergarten, first grade, and part of second grade at Eagle Ridge, and we absolutely loved it. All the staff members are very friendly and concerned about the children's well being, good communication with the teachers, regular events that allow parents to be involved with the school. Our girls made awesome grades and loved attending this school.

Eagle Ridge Academy 1

Posted February 25, 2014
It is hard to believe that a school given its location and ratings is in fact a horrible choice. This is the typical "good on paper" scenario. We only attended for a very short time before I pulled my child out of there. I witnessed pre-k children FIST fighting in the lunch room (their teacher commented on the issues that those two don't like each other???), the teachers that are outside on playground duty are more concerned about their "social hour" with each other than watching what the kids are doing, students are full on spitting on other students, kids getting hit in the face by other Kindergarten kids...just a total disaster. Even after having made the principal aware of the issues nothing was done. Do not let the "good on paper" appearance fool you! Their pick up policy is also a joke - every parent has an assigned number they need to show to pick up their child - my child is NOT a number! Given that this was put in place by said principle ... I am not surprised. If you think a bout moving in the school district to have your child attend this school - don't!

Eagle Ridge Academy 2

Posted December 18, 2013
My daughter has gone to this school for three years. Two of the three years my daughter has had awful teachers who if the child doesn't fit their mold they bully the children. The teachers think that every child has adhd AND they openly complain about what they teach. The teachers look parents in the eye and say things such as "I'm not a babysitter! I will never teach kindergarten! Everyday I wish I was teaching a higher grade level!" When you have a one on one conference with the teachers they get defensive and tell you about other children in the class. Even after going to the principal and having a meeting with the SST board NOTHING has changed. It is ridiculous and if you believe in allowing children to be children I do NOT recommend this school!

Posted September 18, 2013
My son loves school and the teachers at Eagle Ridge are the reason why! He is in fourth grade and has gone there since pre-K. They have been amazing in helping him learn and overcome a few challenges.

Eagle Ridge Academy 3

Posted June 09, 2013
My children attended this school for 5 years each and they had amazing teachers. The teachers at this school are very caring. The problem with this school is the administration. The administration in that office act as though they are bothered to do the basics of their job. You ask them for something and they make excuses as to why they can't get it. Or they tell you they will take care of something and they never both to do it. When our kids first start attending Eagle Ridge it was much different, but now it is terrible. It all flows down from the principal, and I feel as though that leadership is just not there anymore.

Posted August 09, 2011
My kids love this school, teachers, and the students here. This is there first year at this school and the wish they could stay in school longer each day because they love it so much. I look forward to the end of each day so they can tell me about the great time and experiences they had that day. love it, love it, love it. thanks

Posted January 29, 2011
I have 2 boys that attend Eagle Ridge. We have been very pleased with the staff and teachers. No school is perfect but the caring atmosphere and kindness shown by the teachers, support staff, and administration allows for a wonderful learning environment. The teachers really care about the students and challenge them to do better and be creative. We would highly recommend Eagle Ridge to any parent

Posted June 16, 2010
My son just finished 5th grade at Eagle Ridge. What a wonderful school! The leadership and teaching staff are well prepared, loving, and caring. The school has an excellent music teacher. My son enjoyed her class and the programs she coordinated throughout the school year. We will miss Eagle Ridge next year. But we know that our son is ready for middle school thanks to the excellent education he received at Eagle Ridge.

Posted August 16, 2009
I have a son in the fifth grade at this school. He loves Eagle Ridge. We originally started at Midland, but got moved here when it opened (2 years ago). This school is very warm and friendly. The staff makes you feel very welcomed. We were thinking about moving to Harris County, but my son got upset when he realized he could not attend Eagle Ridge if we moved. So, needless to say we are still here in Columbus. I have a three year old that I desperately hope gets into the PRE-K program next year, that is if we remain in Columbus.

Eagle Ridge Academy
7601 Schomburg Rd, Columbus, GA  31909
Last modified Eagle Ridge Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eagle Ridge Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top