East Jackson Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted March 21, 2014

Awesome school .. Both children exceeded on all state test, and part of the fit club. Also part of the science team that travels and competes.

Posted July 7, 2013

We love East Jackson Elementary, I have three girls two of which attend the school. The teachers are very hands on and encourage me to visit the school regularly and be as active as I can in my child's education. I am definitely pleased with all staff workers as well.

Posted January 18, 2013

they could care less, bad to the bone! Needs lots of improvement.All they want is a pay check.

Posted January 18, 2013

We have been attending East Jackson Elementary for the last 5 years. I have 3 children at the school and we have been extremely satisfied with all aspects of the school. My children have excelled academically and they are supported by a wonderful group of caring teachers. The leadership is second to none and parent involvement is actively encouraged. Thank you East Jackson. We moved to the area 5 years ago and you have definitely exceeded our expectations!

Posted October 11, 2012

The principal physically put her hands on my child and threatened her. I would not recommend this school to anyone. My daughters teacher constantly yelled in the classroom upsetting my daughter. The principal is not concerned about the health of the students, only her attendence record. She is not friendly at all and she should not be the principal of this school.

Posted May 31, 2011

We have spent the last 2 years at EJES and Have been Tremendously pleased!! My daughter has excelled so much and encouraged throughout every step. Everyone is so friendly and I feel very encouraged and comforted knowing that my child is cared for so much while at school. I have been able to be very involved and continue to be a part. We have been so blessed to have had wonderful teachers for the last 2 years and are thankful to be a part of such a caring group of people. Keep up the good work EJES!!

Posted May 31, 2011

I am so very pleased with EJES beyond what I could have imagined! I started out as a member of the EJES Eagle Aides. I have been so excited about the level of parental involvment encouraged by the administration, especially after reading these reviews. They have such high expectations and help the children achieve a great education. I have also been extreamly proud of the special education program! They are so involved with the children and am not at all concerned about my son receiving a lesser education in their care! I can't thank them enough for all they do for my children!

Posted May 31, 2011

I love EJES!!! My son started EJES in Kindergarten when the school opened, he is now a 8th grader at EJMS. This is the ONLY school I would have my children attend. I currently have my girls there in 3rd and 4th grade. The teachers are awesome and are always willing to go that extra mile to ensure the academic success of the students. I appreciate that this school opens its doors wide for parent involvement and I enjoy my time there as part of there Eagle Aide program for parent voluteers. I know that with EJES my children and I will always get the support needed from both teaching staff and administration. Thanks you EJES for helping my children be successful!!!!

Posted February 8, 2011

I am not happy with EJES on so many different levels. In my opinion this is not a good school for your child with special needs. They are ill equiped in both training and strategy. Instead of teaching the child they spend more time blaming and attacking the parent.

Posted August 8, 2010

My main problem with this school is that they do not encourage parental involvement at all. They also do not make school fun for the children. They do not offer children the opprotunity to put on plays or have class room parties for special events like some other local schools do.

Posted May 18, 2009

My daughter attends this school and I the level of teacher involvement, school activities and genuine concern for students is unsurpassed! This is truely a great school.

Posted May 11, 2009

I have a son in the 2nd grade and i love this school my other 2 kids also went to ejes that are now at ejms i would not have my kids go to any other schools...East jackson schools are the best good job ejes keep up the good work

Posted April 29, 2009

My daughter is just about to complete 1st grade and is doing wonderful. She has had wonderful teachers both years and I keep my fingers crossed for that to continue. Her teacher this year has been fabulous. She LOVES what she does and the children respect her. I'm not sure the parental involvement isn't encouraged, but more that you have to seek it out and TELL what you'd like to do vs asking. I tried very hard last year to volunteer and felt I was turned away, but I also have 2 younger kids I would've needed to drag along. I've since made friends with another mother and we alternate weeks between watching eachthers kids while the other goes into the school. It has worked beautifully and I feel my daughters teacher truly appreciates the help. I think there is probably more I could do, but I have to seek it out.

Posted February 12, 2009

My son is in kindergarten this year and is doing extremely well. I could not be more pleased with his teacher and parapro, the specials teachers, the entire staff and especially the Principal. After spending a little time with all of the teachers at EJES, I would not think of having my son go to any other school in this county. Thank you Mrs. Halley and EJES for your professionalism, respect for parents, and love for children and education.

Posted July 29, 2008

My daughter will be attending EJES this year. She will be in Second grade and did attend Kindergarten and First grade as well. As far as the quality of the teachers and academics, there have been no problems, however, there are problems with the standards and leadership qualities from the principal. This area really needs improvement.

Posted February 10, 2008

We have three childern that attend EJES and our reviews are mixed. The parent involvment is not at all encouraged, the adminastration does not like to include a hands on approach from parents. The teachers are very eager to help if there are problems, but the adminastration lacks the leadership for this school to be a terrific school.

Posted January 4, 2008

This school is great as far as the teachers and the gifted program.

Posted December 31, 2006

My daughter is currently in First Grade at EJES. We attended Kindergarten at Commerce Ele last year, and have been much happier with EJES. Their general systems seem to be better planned out, and my daughter now has much more access to music and computer classes. She has learned faster here and likes her teacher much better. I have not really had enough detailed relations with the principal to rate anything, but so far I feel that she does a fine job. I do recommend this school.

Posted December 29, 2006

The academics are fair however the leadership is very poor.

Posted September 29, 2006

At East Jackson Elementary the administration and staff are second to none! The parent-teacher communication is not only welcomed, but encouraged. The student's best interest always comes first. The test scores, quality of teachers, learning environment and level of accountability from administration to support staff is exceptional. From a parent's standpoint, these aspects of a school are very important. I commend everyone at EJES for the job they do! Thank you!

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

90 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

91 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

90 students were tested at this school in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

72 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

• Jennifer Lynn Halley
Fax number
  • (706) 336-7919

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1531 Hoods Mill Rd