Conyers, GA

Posted July 25, 2014
This school is "AWESOME"! My daughter has been here since 6 grade and now she is in 8th and excelling, In gifted classes. The staff is goal oriented. Dispel the rumors all schools have it's trails. Support and get it done. #MMS

Posted April 23, 2014
Parents must be involved for your child to do well and take responsibility for that part. My children have attended this school for three years while some changes were due to peer pressure some were due to poor leadership skills. This school offers great programs and academy options. We must continue to lead them and guide them to make great choices. Their has been little issues that has come up as with any school but the parent that I am my children does well and the curriculum is superb!

Posted April 22, 2014
The environment is unhealthy and wrong.i do not like the school students looks or acts. They are a bad influence on my child and I am taking him out next year. My child is now cursing and fighting and just being not like himself. I don't reccomend this school for any one not even teachers.

Posted September 21, 2013
I'm a very INVOLVED parent at MMS. When my son transitioned from elementay school 2 years ago, I heard a lot of rumors that was alarming. Well after 2 years of-standing the test of nay sayers I'm so excited to say that I'm glad that I PUSHED the door open. We've had nothing less than a blessed experience with Mrs. McMann and her staff. The front office ALWAYs greet with a warm inviting smile/atmosphere, the teachers through the years have been very caring and supportive to PUSH students to the next level. We've got to PUSH our children to achieve and be successful by supporting our schools. It definitely takes a village to raise a child. I take great pride and to say that I'm a proud parent at MMS. #PUSH

Posted July 28, 2013
I have been on the faculty at MMS for a year. I don't live in the area so I was completely surprised to hear the rumors about this school. The most recent reviews for this school correctly sum up MMS. The teachers on this faculty are dedicated to student success and strive remarkably hard to help all students. The parents are also dedicated to helping their children succeed. The students are the hardest working, goal driven students that I have ever had the pleasure of teaching in 16 years. I have seen none of the behaviors that have been mentioned in older reviews. There may have been a time when those reviews were appropriate, but not any more. My experience at MMS thus far has been wonderful. I would strongly recommend MMS to any parent of a child who is looking to build the skills necessary to SUCCEED in life.

Memorial Middle School 4

Posted January 13, 2013
I am an 8th grade honor student in Memorial, and i love it. I came to Memorial in the middle of the 6th grade, and i'm not going to lie i was pretty scared, I had heard so many bad things about the school, but my mom told me to at least give it a try. I did, and i am so great-full to have said i went here. The teachers are amazing, such as Ms.Snell. She has been my Language Arts teacher since ive been here, and she has given me so many opportunities, such as applying to the Rockdale Magnet school. I am also not the best math student but my 8th grade teacher Ms.Anthony has really gotten be to like math, by the way she relates to the students. Sure there are a few behavioral problems that we could improve on, but that can be fixed. Other than that Memorial is a wonderful school, that is no where near what i heard and thought it would be like. All you have to do is give it a chance.

Posted August 01, 2012
this school is amazing the kids and teachers are so so nice... i loved it

Posted January 13, 2012
I am in the gifted program and love this school and the teachers in it. It is an amazing school and the principal is awesome and fun (but a little on the strict side). I have earned several awards that would not have otherwise been available if I had attended any Newton County school. I adore all of my teachers and, unless your child is constantly in trouble, they will more likely than not develop a great relationship with the faculty. The students there are like family and I couldn`t imagine life without Memorial. This school has made AYP for the past few years or so. An accomplishment that Newton County schools can only dream of. I am proud of how hard my teachers work to give me the best education and brightest future possible. The extracurricular activities are stellar and allow the students an even closer relationship to the faculty and student body. Thanks to Memorial Middle school, I now have a better chance for getting a job in this dying economy. And you have to remember that the principal has to think not only about your child, but the safety of other children as well (such as me). In adition toi that the schools are having budget cut after budget cut and funds matter.

Posted May 21, 2011
I totally agree with those who say this school is for the birds. The principal, Mrs. McMahan, is as phony as two left shoes. She does not manage her staff well. All she does is put on a fake smiling and southern accent to try to win the parents over. Trust me, fair discipline does not happen here. The front office secretary, Ms. Dunston, has the tendency of looking down on parents and cutting them off when they request her services. She is truly a joke and a watchdog in every way for the principal. Ms. Leslie, who retired a month ago, was the best thing that ever happened to the front office @ MMS. She was truly genuine and often went out her way to help people. For her replacement , the principal has hired another "ghetto fabulous " secretary, to compliment Ms.Dunstan. This is all an effort to trick the parents into believing that she is a fair principal. Many of the teachers are unfriendly and act as if you are bothering them too much when you are actually seeking their help. Thankfully my child is leaving this school this year. I am truly saddened for the students that reside in this school's district. If you are new to this school , please don't fall for the "okie doke".

Posted March 30, 2011
I don't even have the words to describe how unsatisfied I am with this school. The 6th grade teachers that my child had were unprofessional and "ghetto" to say the least. Very unresponsive and seemed to totally lack common sense. The principal is even worse. She makes excuses for her staff and NEVER follows through. I don't think she has a clue. Her teachers tell her the sky is made of green cheese and she believes it. Even the substitute teachers are sub par. I am looking into another school for my child for the next school year. At this point, I'd rather move to another continent than to send my child back to Memorial. I advise you to do your research and find somewhere else for your child to enroll. This middle school is for the birds.

Memorial Middle School
3205 Underwood Rd SE, Conyers, GA  30013
Last modified Memorial Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Memorial Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top