No rating

Peachtree Academy Conyers

Private | PK-12 | 385 students

Advanced technology use and strong academics focused on each child's ability

Living in Conyers

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $115,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $860.

Posted Monday, September 15, 2014

Mrs. Osborne has made 3rd grade a phenomenal year! My daughter loves going to school and is motivated to read because of the encouragement that we give her as well as the Accelerated Reader program. I love the regular communication with us as parents. The band program and equestrian clubs are her favorite afterschool clubs.

Posted June 19, 2014

I have been very pleased with the opportunities that my daughter had in school this year. The school feels like a family and the teachers go above and beyond. Not only did she have a great school year but the amount of knowledge that she learned really impressed her grandparents and other family that she sees from time to time. The equestrian club was her favorite club this year and I am so glad that the school allows parents to be involved. I think communication is excellent and that each year the Headmaster adds new things for the children to make school even better.

Posted June 7, 2014

My child is happy at this school. There is great communication between the teachers and the parents.

Posted June 7, 2014

The school is safe and the students are happy. I understand the post from the parent who says that the school is disorganized and that everything is last minute.

Posted May 23, 2014

Wow! I guess I'm one of those "obnoxious parents" that the teacher who rated the school is talking about. My child attended one year and while the curriculum was excellent the utter disorganization, lack of communication, and unprofessionalism of the staff is what drove me to send my child elsewhere. There is a very high teacher turnover at PA which I think says a lot about the school. To the teacher that posted "Sadly, the children are the ones who suffer the most and it literally breaks my heart to see a child withdrawn from PA", you were very wrong...my child has not suffered at all. My child excelled at PA and continues to do so at her new school. Your judgemental post feeds right into the unprofessionalism I mentioned earlier!

Posted February 15, 2014

At Peachtree Academy they are very caring and they prepare our children for the future. They just kicked off a great distant learning program that is wonderful and fun for the children. My child is in the fifth grade and I am excited to see her Excel in their 6th grade. If you are looking for a wonderful school for your child and you don't mind paying, it is so worth the investment. Grade school, great children, small class sizes, great teachers and staff.

Posted February 13, 2014

We are blessed to be a part of this institution. The teachers and administrators truly care about my 6th grader and his success!

Posted February 6, 2014

We are so blessed to have Peachtree Academy in our community-an excellent private school!! Yes, it is a Christian school, but when your child graduates they will not just be accepted at a Christian college, but will have the educational foundation to be able to go to whatever college fits their goals.

Posted February 6, 2014

I have nothing but good thing to say about the staff and administration at Peachtree Academy. My son attended the preschool programs there and the experience was awesome. He learned so much and the teachers were very loving and caring. He was so excited to go to school everyday and that speaks volumes to a parent. I would highly recommend Peachtree Academy to any parent seeking quality childcare for their child.

Posted February 6, 2014

Parents, Don't waste your time or money! Peachtree Academy is not what it claims to be in ads or online. The turn over rate at the school is unbelievable. From the time my children attended and before, there have been more Principals, Headmasters, Directors, Vice Principals, and Administrators than I can count. The only two administrators who have remained at the school since its foundation do not even have the proper degree in education required to obtain the same position at any other school. The lack of good, educated leadership is a huge problem. There is also a high turnover rate in the teaching staff. There is rampant disorganization throughout the school at both locations. It seems as though the front desk, teaching staff, and administration do everything last minute. The high school does not even have a degreed counselor to make sure that the students are on track. I have heard that several students were placed in classes they didn't need and then were told they would have to pay for summer school. Ridiculous! My children loved many of the teachers they had at Peachtree, but the administration, high turnover, and lack of organization could not be ignored by us.

Posted January 7, 2014

My son is in 4th grade at Peachtree Academy. He told me the other day that he was glad he was at Peachtree. I asked him why. His response was that he looked at our neighbor's text book. He said it was too easy. He liked the fact he was being challenged. What a great thing for a student to be thinking!

Posted October 18, 2013

My son attended PA for 2 years, our first year was fine, the second was horrible. It was primarily due to his inexperienced teacher who was not genuine and lacked effective classroom management techniques. We addressed our concerns with the Director and Assistant Director on a few occasions; however, we left feeling unheard and that excuses were made for the teacher and blame placed on our child. I understand that others may think that I'm a bitter parent who is making excuses for my child; however, my story has been told to several objective parties and they agree that my child was most likely labeled and the school was not interested in having him there. In addition, customer service at PA is lacking. Oftentimes, I would walk in and noone would even raise their head to say hello; when I was acknowledged, it seemed forced. The only friendly person there is Ms. Vicky. This year, my child is in a new school and he is soaring. His new teacher is experienced, recognizes and reinforces his strengths and genuinely loves teaching. Parents, do your research.....private doesn't always mean better.

Posted August 28, 2013

I m sure you already know, but I just wanted to take a minute to tell you about Ms. Wendy and what a great job she s doing! I was helping my son with his homework last night when my 3 year old came up and asked for some dry cereal as a snack. She pulled out the box and put it on the counter and then to my utter shock read me all the letters in the name on the box! I went right to my husband and asked him if he had helped her earlier. He had no idea, so I asked her to tell him and she read the letters perfectly again. She proudly told me that Ms. Wendy was teaching her letters! Ms. Wendy s efforts are very apparent and much appreciated. Thanks for hiring the best!

Posted August 26, 2013

I have worked at Peachtree Academy for almost 7 years and I wouldn't trade this experience for anything in the world. I love our students and families and the people I work with have become more like family to me than co-workers. We are not perfect, by any means, and we are still growing, but we are by far the best choice for a private quality education in the East Metro area. Our teachers are all certified, creative, devoted and dependable-- something you won't find at any other private school in this area. There are a lot things posted here by former parents that simply are not true. Some people see things through their eyes only and are most often simply in denial of admitting that there may be something wrong with their own viewpoint, or perhaps even with their own child. Sadly, the children are the ones who suffer the most and it literally breaks my heart to see a child withdrawn from PA primarily because of an obnoxious parent's personal issues. I pray that God will protect the children (and I know He will) and enlighten the parents to their own foolish ways.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 16, 2013

We enrolled our daughter in Peachtree Academy this year an are OVERJOYED with our experience so far. We had a VERY bad experience with the public schools in our area and did not want to have to fight through all the red tape in public school for one more year! Peachtree Academy is like a big family that loves each other and treats everyone with respect. All it took was a 30 second conversation with the head master to correct her schedule which is IMPOSSIBLE in public schools! Our daughter loves going to school there as well. She's up before us in the mornings getting ready because she's so excited to be there! Best decision we ever made!

Posted August 12, 2013

My daughter started going to PA last year and we re-enrolled her this year. She didnt want to go anywhere else and is comfortable and feels loved. There are many things this school offers that public schools do not. They do bible study, prayer, chapel, taught manners, etc. there is lots of one on one and if the teachers feel the student needs help in certain areas they offer private tutoring. There have been ups and downs and I do feel like there's a lot focused on money money money but a lot of it is optional things and not mandatory. But we did not attend the gala last year and I felt like they snubbed us for that. It seems the ones that donate more money get treated better. But any concerns we have had with them, they have addressed and questions are usually answered promptly. They are a little strict with behavior with the little ones (gave me the feeling like I was in a military school at times) and homework was a little much, especially for parents working a lot. But with any school there will be issues. There will always be good and bad but there is so much more good here that outweighs the bad. So far we have been blessed w good teachers and our daughter loves it.

Posted August 5, 2013

My family has been at Peachtree for over 10 years. We are excited about the educational opportunities they provide. We are proud to call Peachtree home. We have joined athletic conferences for Middle and High School. Come see what an excellent school has to offer. Say it proud say it loud, we are Panther proud.

Posted July 16, 2013

I have been at this school since my child was in pre-k. I have tried to keep my child at this school as long as i could, but I had to finally make a decision to go somewhere else.This school is very disorganized. This school is really bad about communicating with the parents. They don't handle all situations correctly. The director is basically just out there to make money. She does not focus on the school. She is more worried about her political career than the school she is supposed to be running. Curriculum is ridiculously hard. They don't care whether or not your kid is struggling or not. They don't offer any help for the children. The homework that was sent home is busy work. Too many projects that parents have to do for the children, because they are over their heads. Anything that you want addressed to the principal was a joke, because they did not listen to what needed to be discussed. They just automatically assumed that it was the child and the parent fault for anything that happened in school. It is not christian based like they want you to believe it is. We will not be back next year. i would rather have my child in public school than to come back to this school.

Posted May 16, 2013

I've been going to Peachtree Academy since I was in Pre-K,Now a rising 8th grader).This school is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. The teachers here are very interesting, and we get a better learning experience then my 3 other siblings, who all go to public schools. We get more hands-on learning experience, and the teachers are very patient and kind. Ever since we have started to grow more, we have added a new building with 2 computer labs (one in each building) a science lab,plenty of classrooms for our high school students, an indoor and outdoor cafeteria, improved our athletics by adding soccer, golf, horseback riding lessons, tennis and volleyball, and having their first graduating class this year! These school years have been wonderful, and I'll be sad when I graduate! We also have won many awards, whether academically, athletic, or through the Fine Arts department. Overall, I love this school, because everybody is friendly to each other, and it's like we are one big happy family. My classmates and I have so much fun, and as we continue to grow, we will blossom into a superior school. There is no other opportunity in the world greater than Peachtree Academy.

Posted April 14, 2013

We love this school! It is our 1st year and our children are doing wonderful! The teachers are compassionate and understanding with every child and their needs. The administration is helpful and professional. Our children feel safe and love the learning they are achieving. The curriculum is challenging, but needed to stay competitive for future endeavors. This is a wonderful school and the success we have had this year is undeniable.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 3%

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Newton County Public Schools
Rockdale County Public Schools
Eastminster
Percentage of students going to 4-year college 100% (2013)
Colleges most students attend after graduation First graduating class of 2013
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
College counselor(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Special education coordinator
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (2013)
  • Numerous Math Olympic, Creative writing, Spelling Bee, and A (2013)
  • Fine Arts Awards - Band, Chorus (2013)
Community service awards received in the past 3 years
  • Tree Conservation Award from Newton County (2012)
  • Small Business of the Year (2010)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Speech and language impairments
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Mathematics

• Performing arts
  • Visual arts
  • Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Cooking club

Gifted & talented

Instructional and/or curriculum models used
  • Advanced placement courses
  • Gifted / high performing
  • Honors track
  • International Baccalaureate (IB)
  • Acceleration

School start time
  • 8:15 am
School end time
  • 2:30 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:30 p.m.
  • Mrs. Wendy Hughes
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • vpresley@peachtreeacademy.com
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • Infant
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• College prep
  • Direct instruction
  • Gifted / high performing
  • Honors track
  • International Baccalaureate (IB)
  • Project-based

• Speech and language impairments
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
  • None
Vocational or skills-based training offered
  • None

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Learning lab
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room
  • Outdoor learning lab
  • Parent center
  • Performance stage
  • Playground
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations

Sports

• Graphics
  • Technical design and production
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Art club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor