School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Peachtree Academy is a vibrant community of students, teachers, and parents who work to ensure that each child is well prepared to apply to the college of their choice. We set the bar high to challenge each child to be their best and classroom instruction is interactive and engaging. Visit our campus to see the difference a great school can make in your child's life!
February 24, 2015

Peachtree Academy Conyers 3

Posted August 20, 2015
It is ironic that multiple "positive reviews" popped up on the site on July 26th - the day that they had new teacher orientation. There are some good teachers here, but unfortunately the administration (specifically the owner) does not know how to tell the truth and is only interested in advancing her political career. The classes are overcrowded, doors are left unlocked without any adults in sight, and the school is not really a step up from what you would find in the Newton or Rockdale public school systems. They also deleted all of their negative reviews on their Facebook page. And one of the admins, who is now a PreK teacher said some unsavory things about Obama on social media. It's funny, even though the East campus has a large African American population, it doesn't seem like the school is really interested in catering to that population. If you are a parent here, I would advise you to keep a very careful eye on how your child is being treated, what they are being taught, and how their day is being structured. Even though this school got some of the former Eastminster teachers, this atmosphere definitely does NOT compare to Eastminster. I am sure they will not stay at this school very long, due to the lack of organization or concern for children.

Peachtree Academy Conyers 5

Posted July 26, 2015
I have been very pleased with the opportunities that my daughter had in school this year. The school feels like a family and the teachers go above and beyond. The equestrian club was her favorite club this year and I am so glad that the school allows parents to be involved. I think communication is very good and that each year the Headmaster adds new things for the children to make school even better.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted July 26, 2015
I love all the teachers that my daughter has had through the years and look forward to this year in AP classes.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 26, 2015
There is a good balance so that we can commit to the sports that my daughter has chosen to participate in after school.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 26, 2015
The Accelerated Reader program is something that each student works towards achieving the next level. Teachers set goals that will motivate the kids to do their best and I like the benchmarks for reaching the next level. It makes them work hard and put forth their best effort.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 26, 2015
My child's friends are very kind and polite to each other. My teenager works to include everyone in activities and they seem to all really care about each other and making sure they are all included in outside activities.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 26, 2015
The teachers are great role models and my child really likes Panther Day and helping others.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 26, 2015
Chapel is a special time for all students and the teachers do a very good job of making it fun and engaging. I love the songs and scriptural references that are discussed in Chapel and the classroom as well.

Peachtree Academy Conyers 2

Posted July 09, 2015
DO YOUR RESEARCH! This school advertises something completely different than offered. The teachers my child had were amazing, but there is no way I would allow for them to have some of the teachers in other grades. We are not going back this year due to the HUGE turnover amongst staff. This year alone, we have lost a Music, PE and Drama teacher mid-year with no explanation from administration. Teachers on the early childhood side, what a revolving door. Summer Camp – we chose not to attend this summer because of the complete lack of organization and supervision. The sad part is, there are awesome teachers there, who care about the students and their success but HUGELY Overshadowed by the constant need to be bothered for more money and false hopes of growth. I pay for smaller classroom sizes, not 21 kids to a class. The library is a mess, no computer lab worth getting excited about, the food is gross and the owner is misleading. We chose to attend another school this year, we have been very pleased so. Peachtree puts on a good show, but that is it. Once you are in – you can see all the cracks in their plans. Broken, dangerous playgrounds, no fire drills, no tornado drills, teacher/student ratio, intruder drills, muddy fields, dirty bathrooms, broken plumbing, inadequate library system and too many jobs for teachers who want to truly teach.

Peachtree Academy Conyers 5

Posted July 07, 2015
I love our school because of the dedicated teachers and administrators who strive to be their best and inspire the students to do the same. The curriculum is very good and the SMART boards in the classroom really bring learning alive for my children. God is definitely appreciated and praised during Chapel, Bible study, and prayer. It is nice to have the freedom to learn about the Bible and to Pledge Allegiance to our flag and country.

1801 Ellington Road SE, Conyers, GA  30013
Last modified Peachtree Academy Conyers is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Peachtree Academy Conyers Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 118 reviews. Top