School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Peachtree Academy is a vibrant community of students, teachers, and parents who work to ensure that each child is well prepared to apply to the college of their choice. We set the bar high to challenge each child to be their best and classroom instruction is interactive and engaging. Visit our campus to see the difference a great school can make in your child's life!
February 24, 2015

Peachtree Academy Conyers 2

Posted June 29, 2015
DO YOUR RESEARCH! This school advertises something completely different than offered. The teachers my daughter had were amazing, but there is no way I would allow her to have some of the teachers in other grades. We are not going back this year due to the HUGE turnover amongst staff. Afterschool, they bus in public school kids and our kids are left to fend for themselves. When I get there to pick my kids up, they were never in the same place. This year alone, we have lost a Music, PE and Drama teacher mid-year with no explanation from administration. Teachers on the early childhood side, what a revolving door. Summer Camp – we chose not to attend this summer because of the complete lack of organization and supervision. Last year, my child walked around Six Flags with a group of kids unsupervised! When I asked the staff, I was blown off about the incident. The sad part is, there are awesome teachers there, who care about the students and their success but HUGELY Overshadowed by the constant need to be bothered for more money and false hopes of growth. I pay for smaller classroom sizes, not 21 kids to a class. The library is a mess, no computer lab worth getting excited about, the food is gross and the owner is fake. We chose to attend another school this year, we have been very pleased so far with the amount of communication provided and summer work for our kids not to fall behind. Peachtree puts on a good show, but that is it. Once you are in – you can see all the cracks in their plans. Broken, dangerous playgrounds, no fire drills, no tornado drills, teacher/student ratio, intruder drills, muddy fields, dirty bathrooms, broken plumbing, inadequate librbay system and too many jobs for teachers who want to truly teach. Many families left this year, and I feel confident it was the right choice for us!

Peachtree Academy Conyers 1

Posted May 28, 2015
From the list of reviews that I have read so far, I am so happy that there are children that are experiencing good learning skills and a great foundation from this institution but I can not say the same for my experience. I am very aware that reinforcing what your children learn in school should be at home as well Thus as parents, we have to do our part. With PA, my child did not receive that. There is a huge turnover rate with teachers in this school. My son experience that three times in just that year. My child attended the Pre-K academic semester in 2013-2014 and I must say, he did not learn what he needed to go to KIndergarten. He was so far behind. No sight words, no math skills, not even reading or writing well. When I saw that and ask about it, I was told he has strong traits for learning but he do not want to apply himself. I also asked them myself, what can I do, I was told he will grasp it soon. Just practice more with him at home. When I asked my son everyday how was his day, he could not tell me one event that they have done academically but for fun, he could tell me all the activities they completed. I removed him from the school just to see if there will be a change, and yes, he has shown a dramatic change from where he started from until now. When spoken with the teacher of his present school and looking at the IBTS test scores he received, I am so happy that I did remove him. I have no problem paying whatever it takes for him to learn buth when you can call me to make sure my account is current but the education for your children is not but they wants to "label" them quickly. Then I have a problem.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted February 24, 2015

Posted September 25, 2014
I love this school, I have two girls age 4 and 5 attending currently. My 5 year old has a rigorous curriculum that I believe will give her a competitive edge. I love the staff, Shea Daniels is a parents greatest ally. When it comes to my youngest daughter they are patient and consistently go the extra mile. They ensure your children are well taken care of. I feel they have hired teachers that are not only qualified, but really care about the well being of the students. My daughters thrive academically and socially. I find they are patient with the parent's and they have a very open door policy to listen to any concerns.

Posted September 22, 2014
My daughter has been at Peachtree Academy for almost 8 months now and she started pre-K this past Aug. The transition was seamless due to the staff and teachers. She adores her teacher and she is very assessable and responds promptly to questions and concerns. My daughter is learning, growing and a lot of that is due to the support she has receive at Peachtree. However, even with great teachers and staff, parents have to do their part at home as well. We do a lot of reinforcement at home which is key. Learning is made fun and she enjoys the daily activities they do in class as well as the weekly trips to the library and chapel. She comes home talking her friends and about what took place in class daily which is great. One of the major things for us was environment and kid's behaviors. Most days when we come through kids are well-behaved and on task. In my daughter's class the kids seem to be well-behaved which was a must for us. All in all I think parents have to find a school that works for them and their child, Peachtree Academy so far has worked for us.

Posted September 15, 2014
Mrs. Osborne has made 3rd grade a phenomenal year! My daughter loves going to school and is motivated to read because of the encouragement that we give her as well as the Accelerated Reader program. I love the regular communication with us as parents. The band program and equestrian clubs are her favorite afterschool clubs.

Posted June 19, 2014
I have been very pleased with the opportunities that my daughter had in school this year. The school feels like a family and the teachers go above and beyond. Not only did she have a great school year but the amount of knowledge that she learned really impressed her grandparents and other family that she sees from time to time. The equestrian club was her favorite club this year and I am so glad that the school allows parents to be involved. I think communication is excellent and that each year the Headmaster adds new things for the children to make school even better.

Peachtree Academy Conyers 3

Posted June 07, 2014
My child is happy at this school. There is great communication between the teachers and the parents.

Peachtree Academy Conyers 2

Posted June 07, 2014
The school is safe and the students are happy. I understand the post from the parent who says that the school is disorganized and that everything is last minute.

Peachtree Academy Conyers 1

Posted May 23, 2014
Wow! I guess I'm one of those "obnoxious parents" that the teacher who rated the school is talking about. My child attended one year and while the curriculum was excellent the utter disorganization, lack of communication, and unprofessionalism of the staff is what drove me to send my child elsewhere. There is a very high teacher turnover at PA which I think says a lot about the school. To the teacher that posted "Sadly, the children are the ones who suffer the most and it literally breaks my heart to see a child withdrawn from PA", you were very wrong...my child has not suffered at all. My child excelled at PA and continues to do so at her new school. Your judgemental post feeds right into the unprofessionalism I mentioned earlier!

Peachtree Academy Conyers
1801 Ellington Road SE, Conyers, GA  30013
Last modified Peachtree Academy Conyers is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Peachtree Academy Conyers Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 103 reviews. Top