Posted April 01, 2014
We are an Eastminster family, and happy to be so. Schools we support with our taxes are not functioning well. We are content to work and pay to be at Eastminster. I give a recommendation commonly given by those who believe in their product. See for yourself. Talk to families who are here, those who have been hardy enough to survive cold front porches and teachers who yell at kids. I have heard seemingly similar experiences referred to as "being a teenage kid at school in the winter." Kids who stay here are excelling in areas of meaningful challenge and becoming strong and useful adults. All of our current seniors will be attending one of the many Universities that have accepted them come fall, excepting one who has deferred several university acceptances until after active service in the United States Air Force. These internet discussions do tend to spiral downwards. The recommendations and counter recommendations for every school covered by "Great Schools" are poor substitutes for first hand observation. I advise prospective Eastminster families to do what I always tell my students to do. Find out for yourself based upon direct observation.

Posted March 05, 2014
There are a lot of other private schools that cost less to go to. We're a medium income family who sacrifices and scrimps to send their child to Eastminster School. Our child loves to learn and that's what she does at Eastminster. Regarding the post about a teacher leaving the kids outside in the freezing cold...I find that amusing since my child complains when she doesn't get to go outside because it's too cold and that her teacher forces them to wear heavy coats when it's 60 degrees. Like the weather this winter, there are extremes everywhere! Either way, I highly recommend Eastminster School to any parents looking for a great education in a small school setting.

Posted March 04, 2014
This school is not all that they claim it to be. You pay over $10,000 to go there and you wonder what do they spend the money on. The teachers keep you outside in freezing temperature. One a teacher had forgotten she had a class and they were left outside in 28 degree temperature freezing. One teacher has anger issues and takes it out on his class by yelling at them for something another teacher does. In my opinion this school is just not prepared to be a real school. I suggest they need to have another building for middle school, so that they don't have to wait outside when its freezing cold or raining.

Eastminster School 3

Posted February 26, 2014
Parents pay big money to go to this school, not for advanced academics, but for the opportunity to control their kid's environment, grades, discipline, you name it. However, if you are not in the circle of rich parents who can afford this, your out of luck. Your child's homework, classwork, activities, class environment will be controlled by the few who designed this school to be a bubble for their children. They don't care or want exceptional academics. They want to be able to go on vacation when they want, have their kid never get in trouble, and get A's. There are a few exceptional teachers at this school, as in every school, but unfortunately they can only do so much. We decided we could go to public for free and the kids would actually have a chance at gifted classes where the parents CAN NOT stop a class from progressing because of a few kids whose parents have a large bank account and equally large mouth.

Posted February 19, 2014
With all due respect for the previous post, Eastminster School will graduate its first senior class on May 29, 2014. Each senior has been accepted into several colleges of his/her choice, with many colleges offering Merit (Academic) Scholarships to these seniors. We could not be prouder of our first graduating class.

Posted December 30, 2013
I attended this school until last year. I absolutely loved the teachers there and think that the curriculum was diverse and unique. I also think they have an amazing lower school. However, as a former student of their middle school, I wouldn't recommend it for someone interested in attending. I found it to be dysfunctional and cliquey. The high school isn't outstanding either. The teachers aren't qualified and the program has fallen short on preparing students for college as promised, which is ultimately the reason why I left.

Posted December 03, 2013
I heard that the school is moving to Covington. Not sure when. Maybe for the next school year, or maybe the one after that? The thing is, no one has said anything to the parents. When we ask the staff and school Board members, they just dodge our questions. Why? What's there to hide? Why does Covington badly want Eastminster School there? Peachtree Academy, an independent school is already there. We were told that the school was looking to move into the old Cousins Middle School building in Covington. We heard that that building has many issues, not including asbestos, a detention center located on the same property, and a 911 call center in the back. Parents need to know before they pay any monies for the 2014-2015 school year.

Posted November 02, 2013
I'm surprised at some of the negative comments posted here. Eastminster is the best decision my family ever made! My son is in Middle School, and he's attended Eastminster since kindergarten. The motto "Excellence in MIND, BODY, and SOUL" is fitting for this gem of a school. My son has been challenged academically and pushed ahead in math. I'm incredibly impressed with the rigorous curriculum and the project-based learning. They get to take Spanish, Latin, and Mandarin. They have game design and coding classes. The students spend time outdoors every day at break and lunch and take PE all year long. They get to participate in numerous after school sports and clubs. They are active, healthy, and happy. The fine arts program is amazing-- music, studio art, performing arts, and band. The whole-school activities bring a sense of community from kindergarten all the way to the seniors in Upper School. The school has a chapel service every Wednesday, and every child in the school speaks at chapel during the school year. They promote "green" living and community service. I cannot imagine my son in a better learning environment than Eastminster.

Posted October 26, 2013
Do not keep your child in high school or enroll them for high school. The grading scale will mess them up , in event that they have to move. Teachers sound great on paper, but in the classroom they don't do so hot. Elementary and Middle school program is great but Upper School is failure. Also the headmaster is just plain sorry, then had the audacity to curse at a student in his office. Ridiculous, biased, school. Not worth the money at all.

Posted September 04, 2013
Eastminster School is exceptional. The curriculum is perfect for the advanced student. My children are learning things that are well above their actual grade level. The class sizes are small which allows the teachers to give more attention to each student. The school is overall a perfect environment for an advanced education.

Eastminster School